Superweapon

Jan 26, 2018
Tried downloading saves from previous pages, as well as my own. So that's a total of 102 saves, all showing the same thing; 1626911339780.png

This happens immediately on load.

Should also add, all files have been deleted & replaced from appdata folders, as well as save folder from the game files themselves.

Further, thanks Runey, keep up the good work. We <3 you.

Reactions: Runey

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
It's happening! New update!

Do you know what would be adorable? If we can change the haircolor of the girls.

Who else wants pink haired elves?

Last edited:

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Tried downloading saves from previous pages, as well as my own. So that's a total of 102 saves, all showing the same thing; View attachment 1311291

Should also add, all files have been deleted & replaced from appdata folders, as well as save folder from the game files themselves.

I can't really speak on other people's saves. I have no idea what they did to theirs.

I'm gonna download it anyway, but does 'Best Drow' Ann have any additional scenes this update?
Ann is a Dark Elf, but no she didn't. Not yet.

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
my old save dont working
same. old saves not working
If those saves had Lain's mod installed, they will cause issues. I feel like this has to be brought up every time the game updates..

Edit: Bah, Kremlin ninja'd me.
Tried downloading saves from previous pages, as well as my own. So that's a total of 102 saves, all showing the same thing;
-snip-

Any errors while extracting? Downloading? I know it's a big one, but try redownloading the file. And the obvious, don't overwrite an existing install, delete the old one and extract to a clean folder.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
my old save dont working
same. old saves not working
Tried downloading saves from previous pages, as well as my own. So that's a total of 102 saves, all showing the same thing; View attachment 1311291

Make sure you have Lain's mod if you played with it before. From the looks of that picture, Superweapon, it looks like you did have it in the previous version you played. I had that same error when moving to 0.12.4 and had been using Lain's mod before that and the 0.12.4 version of the mod mod fixed it. Since Lain hasn't updated yet, your old saves will have to wait.

It's happening! New update!

Do you know what would be adorable? If we can change the haircolor of the girls.

Who else wants pink haired elves?
That would be A LOT of work to redo everybody with pink hair. Every character change needs more versions of a specific asset for every scene they appear in.

If those saves had Lain's mod installed, they will cause issues. I feel like this has to be brought up every time the game updates..

Edit: Bah, Kremlin ninja'd me.

Any errors while extracting? Downloading? I know it's a big one, but try redownloading the file. And the obvious, don't overwrite an existing install, delete the old one and extract to a clean folder.
It has been, but since not every mod needs what this one does, it is understandable to a degree.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Or you can wait for someone to upload a low resolution version of the game. It will look horrible, but it will be smaller.
I have been here for a while, but I think I need to call it out: Is there no way to reduce the file size officially?

I could take a couple GB, but 7GB are a lot. Lately I am struggling with finding space on my device and having to manage space for something that I really want to keep playing is getting more tedious (not specifically just for this, but one of them). You could call it bad space management, but I just never know whether I might want to use that one other thing anytime soon again, I might just be that indecisive.

Of course people who compress these games exist, but looking at the size of the base game, I thought I had to address the root.
I have to keep in mind the amount of content that the game already managed to accumulate, so it does make sense to me that it might get harder to optimize, but the unofficial compressed versions suggest that it still is possible to reduce the file size, even if it is with drawbacks.
In my opinion drawbacks can be seen everywhere, nothing is perfect, so in order to achieve one thing another might need to be sacrificed. One group might give more importance to ensured quality and keep no heed to the file size, but another group might prioritize smaller file size and care less about the quality but more the content itself.

So while I might want to have quality to a certain degree, currently the file size is of more importance for me, so I am really glad that there are people who provide unofficial compressed versions, but it would be even better if the official game could somehow gain a reduced file size.
Although I am not specifically asking to reduce the file size of the main version of the game, it would be nice if there was a separate one that fulfills that criteria.

I could live with denial, but I am also kinda heartbroken that I have to wait for the compressed version to be able to play the game (or manage to free up enough space, but downloading 7GB also is tedious).

Reactions: splamo

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I have been here for a while, but I think I need to call it out: Is there no way to reduce the file size officially?

I could take a couple GB, but 7GB are a lot. Lately I am struggling with finding space on my device and having to manage space for something that I really want to keep playing is getting more tedious (not specifically just for this, but one of them). You could call it bad space management, but I just never know whether I might want to use that one other thing anytime soon again, I might just be that indecisive.

Of course people who compress these games exist, but looking at the size of the base game, I thought I had to address the root.
I have to keep in mind the amount of content that the game already managed to accumulate, so it does make sense to me that it might get harder to optimize, but the unofficial compressed versions suggest that it still is possible to reduce the file size, even if it is with drawbacks.
In my opinion drawbacks can be seen everywhere, nothing is perfect, so in order to achieve one thing another might need to be sacrificed. One group might give more importance to ensured quality and keep no heed to the file size, but another group might prioritize smaller file size and care less about the quality but more the content itself.

So while I might want to have quality to a certain degree, currently the file size is of more importance for me, so I am really glad that there are people who provide unofficial compressed versions, but it would be even better if the official game could somehow gain a reduced file size.
Although I am not specifically asking to reduce the file size of the main version of the game, it would be nice if there was a separate one that fulfills that criteria.

I could live with denial, but I am also kinda heartbroken that I have to wait for the compressed version to be able to play the game (or manage to free up enough space, but downloading 7GB also is tedious).
If you've been here for a while, you should have seen me mention this multiple times. But the original size of Harem Hotel is probably 70 - 80GB by now. Every image is heavily compressed without sacrificing too much quality to decrease the size to over 7GB. Further compression makes this game look like a blurry mess.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes