c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Hi Runey, I had an idea!
How about you make a compressed version of the game but instead of compressing its images quality to non existent, we should use avif instead of jpeg and webp format as it provides much better results with lower size
The main reason I'm asking is because on mobile, 7 gb (even more as time goes on) is a bit too much for some people but also, the game can be smaller too for those who don't wanna download this big size every update because of internet data caps, even on PC.
We may see a a few gb smaller with no loss in image quality (better than currently available unofficial low quality compressed versions and official version here)
as avif is technically superior to webp and jpeg and heic

the only downside would be that it would take more time to encode on your machine, but it would definetly help all us who are downloading and playing!
Also even if Runey change the compression and use a more efficient one, it would only help for a short time. Size of the game would go down, but with his ongoing work and expansion of Harem Hotel, the size will go up again.

Not saying that this is useless, but that the help of this is limited for the whole game.
.avif definitely seems to be smaller, but the images won't appear if their extension is .avif.
I'm currently working to try to get smaller patches out.
From patch point view, the archive.rpa file use a lot of space around 300 MB of the patch size of 1100 MB. I don't know what is in this archive.rpa file. Yet, if some 3rd party tool would be used that can make updates on sublevel file, it could save space even for the patches (also can sort out the need to manual delete of old files...).

One other possible solution - thinking loud - would be to use the Harem Hotel game itself and put an update mechanism in it. I know that at least on other game is doing this, although I don't know how they doing it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Have you considered setting up a portioned game? Like use this version and the next to level out the stories, the start a part 2 game that is about continuing it. The first game would be about collecting everyone, the second is about the "Harem" hotel part.
That works for more linear games, not for a sandbox like this.

Hi Runey, I had an idea!
How about you make a compressed version of the game but instead of compressing its images quality to non existent, we should use avif instead of jpeg and webp format as it provides much better results with lower size
The main reason I'm asking is because on mobile, 7 gb (even more as time goes on) is a bit too much for some people but also, the game can be smaller too for those who don't wanna download this big size every update because of internet data caps, even on PC.
We may see a a few gb smaller with no loss in image quality (better than currently available unofficial low quality compressed versions and official version here)
as avif is technically superior to webp and jpeg and heic

the only downside would be that it would take more time to encode on your machine, but it would definetly help all us who are downloading and playing!
The game is only going to get bigger as time goes on to a point where even AVIF will be too large, mobile just isn't viable in the long term for this game. It may be superior, but everything has a limit.

Also even if Runey change the compression and use a more efficient one, it would only help for a short time. Size of the game would go down, but with his ongoing work and expansion of Harem Hotel, the size will go up again.

Not saying that this is useless, but that the help of this is limited for the whole game.

From patch point view, the archive.rpa file use a lot of space around 300 MB of the patch size of 1100 MB. I don't know what is in this archive.rpa file. Yet, if some 3rd party tool would be used that can make updates on sublevel file, it could save space even for the patches (also can sort out the need to manual delete of old files...).

One other possible solution - thinking loud - would be to use the Harem Hotel game itself and put an update mechanism in it. I know that at least on other game is doing this, although I don't know how they doing it.
An internal update mechanism is like a link over the internet, but through a secure channel to a server run by the developer. For a solo developer, this is not a feasible option economically.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Just won that orgy contest thing with Lin, got something like 14 points or whatever even though she wasn't fully "trained" in BJ skill, surprised though and pleased overall, now going to the big house party pool thing with Kali. been awake since 6:30 and have been playing this game ever since.
thanks .... i remembered alot of them .. so not that bad for an old guy .. huh :LOL:
Being 46, first thing I did when I saw it I bookmarked the site or else I might've forgotten myself :LOL:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Just won that orgy contest thing with Lin, got something like 14 points or whatever even though she wasn't fully "trained" in BJ skill, surprised though and pleased overall, now going to the big house party pool thing with Kali. been awake since 6:30 and have been playing this game ever since.

Being 46, first thing I did when I saw it I bookmarked the site or else I might've forgotten myself :LOL:
I'm actually getting ready right now to start a new playthrough. It's been a few updates since I last played, back before the UI change, and I'm hoping the new setup to Lin's story is an improvement, how it went down before was very off putting to me personally but I hear it has been reworked so we'll see.

Last edited:

bobodobo

Jun 17, 2017
Does it take much time to update Lain`s mod? I was expecting it to be ready for this weekend and now it's not. too bad

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I'm actually getting ready right now to start a new playthrough. It's been a few updates since I play, back before the UI change, and I'm hoping the new setup to Lin's story is an improvement, how it went down before was very off putting to me personally but I hear it has been reworked so we'll see.
I love Lin so much. But it seems I hit a bug or at least a wall. I already got my the bot kid for my android (Miyu) and it seems something is keeping me from progressing with Lin because of it :(

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: shabre and Skeltom

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Runey, is there some sort of big with the droid's bot kit? It's showing sold out and all and any progress with Lin is now blocked.

I'm guessing even if I gave her the kit and the friendship is still low the event won't fire. (surely just answered my own question there)

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Runey - youve turned my fave character into a fucking joke. Jin magically turned out to be a drug addict which morphed her body years into development of the game out of nowhere, youve completely changed her body, have got Lin chastise her for having a slutty personality and even removed all her dungeon content. Now apparantly just her wanting to have sex is a drug addiction side effect so none of that thank you very much in a hotel of sex addicts including her hyporcite fucking over rated sister Lin.

What and absolute shitty shambles i predicted almost to a tie regarding the direction you were taking after the foreshadowing and all without any choice in the matter what so ever. Dont like idea of Autumn getting off on being spunked on and serving tables naked? Its an option. Dont like the idea of being a slave owner and instead desire a love route for the likes of Nia? An option. Dont like Ashley getting off on BDSM in the dungeon? Its an option. Dont like the idea of completely and utterly changing literally EVERYTHING that made Jin... Jin? Not an option, fuck you Skode. I cant wait to see what bland vanilla storylines you will concoct now for Jin to have her reconnect with her sister, become a merely older version of her and be perhaps the most pointless character in entire game given shes not even remotely unique anymore.

Take out the insult of whatever the hell you were thinking with that its prob your best update yet. I actually really liked how youve moved on from some of the more depressing recent cliffhangers and offered up the lore on dark elves, actually made me start to like Vanessa of all characters, further developed Moon and Kate, you even teased more of the long demanded by others screen time for Miss Ren and Juliet. Just a shame in giving others what they wanted you had to bend the knee to the demands of Jin being Lin Mk 2. Actually removing the dungeon content never mind forcing this change if i literally EVER want more new Jin content in the future was the lowest of blows. Maybe you will think im out of order, im certainly not being restrained with this post and thats fine but i gotta express how i feel despite how triggered i am as i post this. I could have waited a day and calmed down but i def feel i should just say "Fuck it" and go ham. I dreaded this, it was the reason i went from regular here to barely even lurking. Even those who demanded change in Jin... to change EVERYTHING. The fuck? we could expect a storyline to softer the character after such ordeals as a slave but this is beyond justification. Youve effectively deleted the character from the whole damned game, the only hope i got was her flashing the MC so maybe her old self remained despite the drastic body change but no you couldnt even give me that as of course she was chastised for it and its "the addiction".

anon1012

May 25, 2018
Runey - youve turned my fave character into a fucking joke. Jin magically turned out to be a drug addict which morphed her body years into development of the game out of nowhere, youve completely changed her body, have got Lin chastise her for having a slutty personality and even removed all her dungeon content. Now apparantly just her wanting to have sex is a drug addiction side effect so none of that thank you very much in a hotel of sex addicts including her hyporcite fucking over rated sister Lin.

What and absolute shitty shambles i predicted almost to a tie regarding the direction you were taking after the foreshadowing and all without any choice in the matter what so ever. Dont like idea of Autumn getting off on being spunked on and serving tables naked? Its an option. Dont like the idea of being a slave owner and instead desire a love route for the likes of Nia? An option. Dont like Ashley getting off on BDSM in the dungeon? Its an option. Dont like the idea of completely and utterly changing literally EVERYTHING that made Jin... Jin? Not an option, fuck you Skode. I cant wait to see what bland vanilla storylines you will concoct now for Jin to have her reconnect with her sister, become a merely older version of her and be perhaps the most pointless character in entire game given shes not even remotely unique anymore.

Take out the insult of whatever the hell you were thinking with that its prob your best update yet. I actually really liked how youve moved on from some of the more depressing recent cliffhangers and offered up the lore on dark elves, actually made me start to like Vanessa of all characters, further developed Moon and Kate, you even teased more of the long demanded by others screen time for Miss Ren and Juliet. Just a shame in giving others what they wanted you had to bend the knee to the demands of Jin being Lin Mk 2. Actually removing the dungeon content never mind forcing this change if i literally EVER want more new Jin content in the future was the lowest of blows. Maybe you will think im out of order, im certainly not being restrained with this post and thats fine but i gotta express how i feel despite how triggered i am as i post this. I could have waited a day and calmed down but i def feel i should just say "Fuck it" and go ham. I dreaded this, it was the reason i went from regular here to barely even lurking. Even those who demanded change in Jin... to change EVERYTHING. The fuck? we could expect a storyline to softer the character after such ordeals as a slave but this is beyond justification. Youve effectively deleted the character from the whole damned game, the only hope i got was her flashing the MC so maybe her old self remained despite the drastic body change but no you couldnt even give me that as of course she was chastised for it and its "the addiction".

From another POV, I really liked the change. I disliked the "I live to fuck and be valued like cattle" behavior and I liked Lin being happy. I do think (and hope) that the character will retain some of it's uniqueness in the next updates though (Also dungeon scenes please). There's nothing saying that after the MC is sure the drug effects are completely gone she can't still be a horny slut. Maybe she develops a slave kink as a result of her life and asks you to brand her again, probably not but who knows? Well Runey probably has some idea of the direction but I doubt he'd spoil us :)
I'm sure it'll turn into something good, I hated Ashley at the start and now she's one of my favorites so a lot can happen.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Runey, I think there may be a typo in one of the cam scenes with Kali. She says "Where does this mean" and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be what.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
See, who said folks couldn't be passionate about the Games they play.

So,

Has Runey developed any other games? Surely this isn't a first and only try is it?

Thanks again for everything.
Cheers

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

I'm going to be really blunt here, you're being a baby about this. Nobody demanded I change her, it was my choice, and has been my plan for a very long time. I'm sorry the change I did to Jin disappointed you. I found her quite ugly before, and that's what I intended to show. A bimbo whose only self worth came from her status as a sex slave. Now I have motivation to create her content, \o/. Just a suggestion, maybe don't attach your life to a character with no content at the time.

Taking out the insult of your attitude, I appreciate the compliments.

See, who said folks couldn't be passionate about the Games they play.

So,

Has Runey developed any other games? Surely this isn't a first and only try is it?

Thanks again for everything.
Cheers
This is my first game, but I hope to make many more :)

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes