c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
The official compressed version, that's what we normally get as the game is as compressed as it can get with the use of webp, but there are people on this site that are capable of compressing it even further.
The more you compress something, the more chances there are for bugs once you pass the point the official version is already at.
False on both terms. The level of compression only depend on your quality you like to have and the max file size you allow (and which file format you use).
I could compress every image or video in a ugly blur without changing the file format if it has a lossy compression option.

The only "bugs" that can come from this are, if the compressor has forgotten an image or forgotten to change the file extension according to the ones used in his version. Both of them may be annoying bugs, but very easy to solve. As they don't change the scripts (other than change the file extension of affected files) the scripts don't have more errors than the official version (again only additional error in scripts are a false file extension for an animation or image).

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Given how they feel about elves, who's to say they actually care about kicking puppies, but I get where you're coming from. The problem is that first part, I'm not talking about in relation to elves, I'm saying something might happen to the captive ones by the time the slow political process achieves the victory we seek.

Cornwall is only the first, there are many that need replaced, by vote or by force. Cornwall is just one of the closest ones we know of.

It isn't, but in the eyes of the people who support it, which is most of Syl'anar's human population, it is. That's what I'm saying. By no means are we or they actually traitors, but in their eyes, we are, at least anyone who they know is against it.

They might, or they might get us an opening to gain a foothold for something bigger.
I am sure there will be some like that, as I said, there will always be some assholes that will always hate, nothing we can do about that. All we can do, is try to open as many eyes, minds, and hearts as we can. But yeah, that was just an example, you have to find what 'slander' works for each person and their supporters.

That is the thing, the smart thing to do, is start small, you start off by going after a top target, you are going to lose. They will come after you. You will be fucked. But, if you start small, and build up a network first, then by the time they notice you, it will be too late.

Some might see it that way, but that is why we need to be subtle, and working our way up, not start off by attacking heads of state. We need to start this take over, by working small at first, and grow that network of support, Vanessa has the right idea in some ways, but she doesn't have the power or the voice to reach enough people, and she is not fighting dirty. But imagine that she didn't have a show on a collage radio station, but she ran a 'fair and balanced' network that pushed that agenda, hiding it behind messages of national pride, human exceptionalism, and so on.
False on both terms. The level of compression only depend on your quality you like to have and the max file size you allow (and which file format you use).
I could compress every image or video in a ugly blur without changing the file format if it has a lossy compression option.

The only "bugs" that can come from this are, if the compressor has forgotten an image or forgotten to change the file extension according to the ones used in his version. Both of them may be annoying bugs, but very easy to solve. As they don't change the scripts (other than change the file extension of affected files) the scripts don't have more errors than the official version (again only additional error in scripts are a false file extension for an animation or image).

Possible, but more likely, they would have the feds on their heads, and be surrounded by war-bots.
It can also cause bugs, because some of the compressors feel the need to change things as well, not just compress the images, which is part of where that idea comes from.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

We aren't talking about the same thing with compression in the first part. Bugs happen because of compressing too much, the unofficial compressors here on F95 specifically warn players of the possibility of issues because of their compression. Runey has already said the game is as compressed as it can get, mostly because of quality loss, but it does come with the same possibility as unofficial compressors' work as well.

I am sure there will be some like that, as I said, there will always be some assholes that will always hate, nothing we can do about that. All we can do, is try to open as many eyes, minds, and hearts as we can. But yeah, that was just an example, you have to find what 'slander' works for each person and their supporters.

That is the thing, the smart thing to do, is start small, you start off by going after a top target, you are going to lose. They will come after you. You will be fucked. But, if you start small, and build up a network first, then by the time they notice you, it will be too late.

Some might see it that way, but that is why we need to be subtle, and working our way up, not start off by attacking heads of state. We need to start this take over, by working small at first, and grow that network of support, Vanessa has the right idea in some ways, but she doesn't have the power or the voice to reach enough people, and she is not fighting dirty. But imagine that she didn't have a show on a collage radio station, but she ran a 'fair and balanced' network that pushed that agenda, hiding it behind messages of national pride, human exceptionalism, and so on.

It can also cause bugs, because some of the compressors feel the need to change things as well, not just compress the images, which is part of where that idea comes from.
There definitely are, they are the majority, the extremists, the traditionalists of the Syl'anar slave trade. They have to be the first thing to go or we won't get anywhere politically. They would just halt any progress with their majority rule.

At the same time, starting too small may make it too late to save the elves.

Hidden messages could have some effect, but those people in the majority mentioned in the first part are a major issue here as they would be resistant to those messages. It could act as a sort of message system for the 'resistance' to pass information. In Fallout 4, there is a faction called the Minutemen, who have a quest in the game to take back an old fort from the local wildlife and establish a radio network. This isn't quite as subtle as we're looking for, but its purpose is the point in using it as an example. It is used to spread messages to the player when there is an issue with a Minutemen settlement somewhere on the map. An attack, a kidnapping quest, anything. The same could be done here, establish a radio network that worked under the guise of nationalist propaganda or something and in those broadcasts hide messages to the members out in the field like Nia or Sui containing intelligence on a target. The issue would then be how to get it to them, though I'm sure they could carry a portable receiver small enough to keep out of sight. Then there's coming up with a code that could not be deciphered by slave trade loyalists like the Germans almost did with their real life enigma code. It took quite a bit of work and raiding ships with intact enigma code books and machines to decipher that one.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

beebooboobop

Jan 28, 2021
None of the codes posted in an earlier comment seem to work for me, is there a newer set of codes/a way to make the old ones work again?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
There definitely are, they are the majority, the extremists, the traditionalists of the Syl'anar slave trade. They have to be the first thing to go or we won't get anywhere politically. They would just halt any progress with their majority rule.

At the same time, starting too small may make it too late to save the elves.

Hidden messages could have some effect, but those people in the majority mentioned in the first part are a major issue here as they would be resistant to those messages. It could act as a sort of message system for the 'resistance' to pass information. In Fallout 4, there is a faction called the Minutemen, who have a quest in the game to take back an old fort from the local wildlife and establish a radio network. This isn't quite as subtle as we're looking for, but its purpose is the point in using it as an example. It is used to spread messages to the player when there is an issue with a Minutemen settlement somewhere on the map. An attack, a kidnapping quest, anything. The same could be done here, establish a radio network that worked under the guise of nationalist propaganda or something and in those broadcasts hide messages to the members out in the field like Nia or Sui containing intelligence on a target. The issue would then be how to get it to them, though I'm sure they could carry a portable receiver small enough to keep out of sight. Then there's coming up with a code that could not be deciphered by slave trade loyalists like the Germans almost did with their real life enigma code. It took quite a bit of work and raiding ships with intact enigma code books and machines to decipher that one.
Well, I while the majority is okay with it, I would not say that most people are beyond hope of changing. This is why such a campaign would take a long time (in human terms), it took decades here.

The elves are far more likely to outlive the rest of us, and with even the current laws they are in less danger than any time in the last few centuries.

You start with hidden messages, work up to favorable coverage, and end with blatant propaganda. You have to do the 'boiling frog' method.

Possible, that is kind of what I am talking about, though less needed for the 'calls to action', though some codes could be established. In some real examples, they even get people thinking there are pedos who eat babies running the country, convincing these people that slavery is bad would be easy.

Don't forget the social media campaigns... Those can be insanely effective.
None of the codes posted in an earlier comment seem to work for me, is there a newer set of codes/a way to make the old ones work again?
Those are the newer ones, from what I understand, not that I have tried them, and no, the old ones are disabled/changed. What are you trying to do?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Well, I while the majority is okay with it, I would not say that most people are beyond hope of changing. This is why such a campaign would take a long time (in human terms), it took decades here.

The elves are far more likely to outlive the rest of us, and with even the current laws they are in less danger than any time in the last few centuries.

You start with hidden messages, work up to favorable coverage, and end with blatant propaganda. You have to do the 'boiling frog' method.

Possible, that is kind of what I am talking about, though less needed for the 'calls to action', though some codes could be established. In some real examples, they even get people thinking there are pedos who eat babies running the country, convincing these people that slavery is bad would be easy.

Don't forget the social media campaigns... Those can be insanely effective.

Those are the newer ones, from what I understand, not that I have tried them, and no, the old ones are disabled/changed. What are you trying to do?
In human terms is the problem, it may be too late by the time we get it done.

They are under completely normal and natural circumstances, which is not the situation they are in. Captivity is far from the norm for elves or any other race, even with the length of time this slave trade has been going.

You do when using the network to convince the masses, but we could also use it as a secret communications network in the mean time. Those people in that real example are of the gullible type who would probably believe the moon is a hologram if we told them that even though hologram tech isn't even close to that stage, being experimental at best. The closest we have is the 3D projection onto a screen that acts as a predecessor. We would definitely need codes to use it as a communications network and I actually do think it should be used for calls to action, especially when there are urgent cases where a raid is necessary to keep a target elf or group of elves alive in the face of an immediate threat.

They can be, they were even said to have been a very big factor in the last two US elections and even a threat to the integrity of both as well.

• Thinking Face

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
In human terms is the problem, it may be too late by the time we get it done.

They are under completely normal and natural circumstances, which is not the situation they are in. Captivity is far from the norm for elves or any other race, even with the length of time this slave trade has been going.

You do when using the network to convince the masses, but we could also use it as a secret communications network in the mean time. Those people in that real example are of the gullible type who would probably believe the moon is a hologram if we told them that even though hologram tech isn't even close to that stage, being experimental at best. The closest we have is the 3D projection onto a screen that acts as a predecessor. We would definitely need codes to use it as a communications network and I actually do think it should be used for calls to action, especially when there are urgent cases where a raid is necessary to keep a target elf or group of elves alive in the face of an immediate threat.

They can be, they were even said to have been a very big factor in the last two US elections and even a threat to the integrity of both as well.
Human terms mean nothing to an elf.

Back to this again? We have zero evidence of that hurting their population as a whole.

Yes, but that is enough to swing elections. There are people like that everywhere, we saw some of them at that protest in the last update. Think about how dumb the average person on the street is, and then remember half of the population is dumber than them.

Not just the election, but also even down to their medical advice, and more. Many people get all of their news from social media.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Human terms mean nothing to an elf.

Back to this again? We have zero evidence of that hurting their population as a whole.

Yes, but that is enough to swing elections. There are people like that everywhere, we saw some of them at that protest in the last update. Think about how dumb the average person on the street is, and then remember half of the population is dumber than them.

Not just the election, but also even down to their medical advice, and more. Many people get all of their news from social media.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They do when human terms is all it takes for things to go very very wrong. Remember, a long time in human terms is short for an elf, so short in human years is an instant for an elf. In that elven terms instant, things can change drastically and not necessarily in a good way when some very bad people control every aspect of their lives.

Back? I never stopped taking that into consideration. Everything I've said has been with that in mind. Regardless of the birth/death situation of the past discussions, they still aren't in normal or natural circumstances. Neither were the slaves of colonial America or any other European colony. Normal circumstances are like what the Owl clan and any other free elf populations are in, at least more so than the enslaved elves.

It can be under the right conditions. The conditions for the reformists are just right, but the traditionalists are going to be a tough nut to crack.

Which is a very bad idea, social media is probably the second least trustworthy source aside from a politician's mouth. Of course, there are definitely people like this in Syl'anar and some might be among the traditionalists. I never said the traditionalists would all be this difficult individually, only that their group would be. There are a few among them we might be able to sway easy enough, but not enough. This isn't a close majority as far as I remember, so it would take much of the traditionalist population to sway the majority in our favor and allow us an opening for candidates and/or legislation.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
We aren't talking about the same thing with compression in the first part.
And what do we talk about? I talk about the compression - without changing anything more in the code than the file extension for the affected image or animations.
Bugs happen because of compressing too much, the unofficial compressors here on F95 specifically warn players of the possibility of issues because of their compression.
Even I'm warning the players about my patchs. My major reason for this are not that I fear that are a bug in the patch, although it have happen once, but that the players simple don't read my instruction and thus don't followed it and that resulting in a bug.
Also the bug that have happen with my patch was that my creation method was faulty. If it isn't then it would have the exact same bugs than the official release from Runey.

I don't see what could add bugs here, other than what I've written before. The only thing I've seen who could cause issues is if you happen to play with the clickable images (eg. click on the door). I don't have knowledge of how that works in Ren'Py (or any other engine), but general speaking you need to define the clickable area and define what will happen (eg. clicking on Lins door calls the function knockOnLinsDoor).
Only way I see how a compression could fuck up here, is if you compress the image that the previous defined clickable area from the original image now is not the same anymore in the "ultra"-compressed one.

Other than that I simply don't see how a compression could add bugs to a game if you not compress the scripts too. ;)
Runey has already said the game is as compressed as it can get, mostly because of quality loss, but it does come with the same possibility as unofficial compressors' work as well.
Runey says he compress it as much as he can under his quality demands. We can compress it future if we set other quality levels. Sure the game site will only goes up in time and nothing will change that. It is how it work. Even if you go from Ren'Py to another engine the game size still will increase with every update even if the other engine will actually render the scenes and not display pre-render scence. Alone the defintion of for the render is (little) data that adds to the game even with the best possible compression in use.
but it does come with the same possibility as unofficial compressors' work as well.
No, it isn't. I and every only compressor don't write code. Compressors only change code if the needed (eg. image42.png to image42.webp). I haven't needed to do even that. Do you want to convince me that the possibility is the same for writting new code and small or none change to change existing code?

Last edited:

@SutrisnoJr

May 24, 2021
I can't closed note after successfully entered code, playing with android with full screen setting and full screen keyboard

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
They do when human terms is all it takes for things to go very very wrong. Remember, a long time in human terms is short for an elf, so short in human years is an instant for an elf. In that elven terms instant, things can change drastically and not necessarily in a good way when some very bad people control every aspect of their lives.

Back? I never stopped taking that into consideration. Everything I've said has been with that in mind. Regardless of the birth/death situation of the past discussions, they still aren't in normal or natural circumstances. Neither were the slaves of colonial America or any other European colony. Normal circumstances are like what the Owl clan and any other free elf populations are in, at least more so than the enslaved elves.

It can be under the right conditions. The conditions for the reformists are just right, but the traditionalists are going to be a tough nut to crack.

Which is a very bad idea, social media is probably the second least trustworthy source aside from a politician's mouth. Of course, there are definitely people like this in Syl'anar and some might be among the traditionalists. I never said the traditionalists would all be this difficult individually, only that their group would be. There are a few among them we might be able to sway easy enough, but not enough. This isn't a close majority as far as I remember, so it would take much of the traditionalist population to sway the majority in our favor and allow us an opening for candidates and/or legislation.
Yeah, but the goal is to change all that in our lifetimes, before the game is over. The thing is, with us working for a better future, it's not going to get worse, other than maybe a few brief moments. This is a happy story.

But it is not something you have any evidence for. It is not something you can factor in, because it may not be even remotely the case. For all you know, there are breeding farms. You keep acting as if this is a fact, but you have less then no reason to assume so.

Yeah, that is why we need long term plans, not just trying to take out the people at the top. You have to work your way up. Unless we start a war (killing thousands, if not millions), we have to work politically, and having as many allies as we can get is going to be necessary.

Yeah, that is my point. That is why it is so easy to use it to spread false information. You don't have to speculate, we saw it first hand. There ARE people like that, and statistically speaking at least half the population is like that. Recent surveys show 53% get their news from Social Media.

Last edited:

fonel

Nov 22, 2019
Hello everyone, I wanted to ask after reading the patreon description for Harem Hotel. I did not know this game's scenes were made in Honey Select.
Now, I also have a Ren'py project I have been meaning to publish on Patreon and I have been making the scenes in Honey Select 2 Studio. As long as I make this project free, is it ok to share it via Patreon and just earn money through patreon supports? I would be using Ren'py and the images/animations(animations can be optional) taken from Honey Select 2 Studio. Of course there would be lots of downloaded mods as well for the characters' clothings.
I am not very good at drawing but I have been making so many scenes playing around the studio I just want to turn it into Visual Novel type of game and share with anyone who might enjoy it, and of course earning some money for the content would help my education immensely. I'm just totally lost about the legal repercussions if there are any for something like this.

Thank you so much for sparing your time and reading through this. :)

Last edited:

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
Now, I also have a Ren'py project I have been meaning to publish on Patreon and I have been making the scenes in Honey Select 2 Studio. As long as I make this project free, is it ok to share it via Patreon and just earn money through patreon supports?
I mean, if I understand your question correctly, you're basically just asking if you can put your game up on Patreon/Subscribestar/Buy Me a Coffee? And you seem to be worried about it, because you're uncertain about trying to monetize something you created while using another program?
Sure you can; you wouldn't be the first, nor the last. Plenty of people have projects up on Patreon that use programs like Honey Select and DAZ. Using a program like that to make your product doesn't violate any licence or copyright law. Provided you don't include any illegal stuff in your game, like underage characters engaged in sexual behaviour, and your storyline, characters and coding aren't blatantly plagarised, you're good to go (and even then, you might be covered by fair use exemption if it's parody, rather than theft).

Reactions: fonel

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Using a program like that to make your product doesn't violate any licence or copyright law.
I'm not a lawyer, but using a programm to make content like Honey Select 2 Studio would have their own software license agreement. Based on this, in my eyes, would depend what they allow or not. Same goes for Ren'Py, but in my understanding Ren'Py is FOSS software, were Honey Select 2 Studio isn't, yet both have their terms.

What actual content you make (eg. a Star Wars mix) and what of that is allowed or not, would depend on the actual case and how they handle such things and a lot, lot more.
Also we have over 193 nations and depending where you are, it would be different.

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
using a programm to make content like Honey Select 2 Studio would have their own software license agreement.
Like they said, "as long as [they] make this project free" they're covered (as far as I know, Illusion allows Honey Select to be used to create assets and scenes, under a blanket Personal Use Licence). Since they're not selling it, they don't require a Professional Use Licence. Patreon technically isn't a transactional relationship; you're making a subscription-based donation to the creator, to support the project they're creating, you're not buying a product.
Obviously, my understanding of Illusions standard operating practice could be faulty, but this is a pirate website; we're giving "to the best of my knowledge" suggestions, not explicit legal advice. In all scenarios on the planet involving any legal question, the one and only worthwhile answer is "speak to a lawyer, and give them some money in exchange for their counsel"; everything else is personal opinion, and should be taken with a massive heap of salt.

Reactions: fonel and c3p0

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Like they said, "as long as [they] make this project free" they're covered (as far as I know, Illusion allows Honey Select to be used to create assets and scenes, under a blanket Personal Use Licence). Since they're not selling it, they don't require a Professional Use Licence. Patreon technically isn't a transactional relationship; you're making a subscription-based donation to the creator, to support the project they're creating, you're not buying a product.
Obviously, my understanding of Illusions standard operating practice could be faulty, but this is a pirate website; we're giving "to the best of my knowledge" suggestions, not explicit legal advice. In all scenarios on the planet involving any legal question, the one and only worthwhile answer is "speak to a lawyer, and give them some money in exchange for their counsel"; everything else is personal opinion, and should be taken with a massive heap of salt.
With all due respect to the posts regarding this, the legalities surrounding the use of Honey Select came up a while ago and caused a lot of problems for devs like Runey. I feel this is a topic best discussed elsewhere and I ask that it be dropped from this thread.

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes