KristopheH

Mar 8, 2018
Hey Runey. Apologies if this has been asked before; do you have any plans to add repeatable lewd scenes to the Hot Springs and Garden? Something similar to the Shower scenes, where a girl visits them as a regular part of her schedule each week, and you can join them for some fun? I love the game, but these two areas seem criminally underused at the moment.

Reactions: alex2011

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Again, I get what you mean. Also sorry if this comes off as rambling. I am tired and trying not to reveal anything. And believe you me, I've been through and seen some shit in my days. Shit far worse than anything kids can dish out. I might even tell you one day if I get particularly drunk or emotional. But not now.

Thing is. I learned a leasson from that. And that lesson is the same one humans have been learning since the dawn of time. That being that the way to survive and stay sane is plain and simply accept the one fundamental fact about life. Life ain't fair.

You can't control who you are. You can't control what you are. And you can't control how life chooses to screw you. You could spend your entire existence making the correct choices and doing everything just right. And one bad roll of the universal dice and you'll find your self ruined through no fault of your own. Or, you could just be among the some 2/3 of the human population that are screwed before they are even born simply by being born in the wrong place or to the wrong social class, ethnic group etc.

So no matter how bad things get you just need to accept them for what they are and move on. Focus on what you can control. And the one and only thing in life you can control is how you react to the input you are receiving. Do you choose to react to everything or only the things that actually matter. Do you choose to get emotionally upset over trivialities and bad words or do you choose to ignore it and move on. That you can control.

And this is absolutely something you can train your self to do. In fact, human kind has for millennia considered this skill a necessary requirement for being taken seriously as an adult. And for good reason. It's the only thing that keeps you sane in this screwed up world.

And it is because of this undeniable fact that I feel that the modern departure from that approach is utterly wrong. Instead of teaching people to live with the world as it is, accept it and learn the skills they need to avoid unnecessary suffering so that they can live happy and sane lives we deliberately deny them these skills and in doing so condemn them to a lifetime of offense and anguish that is utterly avoidable.

Worse yet, in doing so we create a generation of people so disconnected from reality that their only recourse to rid them self of their utterly avoidable pain is to go out wasting time and energy fighting windmills in an ideological crusade to change the very nature of reality. And who will happily throw them self into extreme ideologies or religions to do so. All of which can only ever lead to more anguish and trouble in the long run.

Bottom line is you can't "fix" the world. And you can't wrap it up in bubble wrap to protect everyone from anything that could possibly hurt them either. Not without turning the entire world into a prison anyway. And even if you could, achievements such as that are well beyond the scope of human ability.

Instead you just have to learn to lick your wounds, make your heart into stone and keep wading through the river of shit that is life. And with enough practice you'll learn to tune out the stench so that maybe, just maybe, you can carve out a tiny bit of happiness for your self before you expire. And the only way to truly help people is to teach them this skill early and well.

Last edited:

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Again, I get what you mean. Also sorry if this comes off as rambling. I am tired and trying not to reveal anything. And believe you me, I've been through and seen some shit in my days. Shit far worse than anything kids can dish out. I might even tell you one day if I get particularly drunk or emotional. But not now.

Thing is. I learned a leasson from that. And that lesson is the same one humans have been learning since the dawn of time. That being that the way to survive and stay sane is plain and simply accept the one fundamental fact about life. Life ain't fair.

You can't control who you are. You can't control what you are. And you can't control how life chooses to screw you. You could spend your entire existence making the correct choices and doing everything just right. And one bad roll of the universal dice and you'll find your self ruined through no fault of your own. Or, you could just be among the some 2/3 of the human population that are screwed before they are even born simply by being born in the wrong place or to the wrong social class, ethnic group etc.

So no matter how bad things get you just need to accept them for what they are and move on. Focus on what you can control. And the one and only thing in life you can control is how you react to the input you are receiving. Do you choose to react to everything or only the things that actually matter. Do you choose to get emotionally upset over trivialities and bad words or do you choose to ignore it and move on. That you can control.

And this is absolutely something you can train your self to do. In fact, human kind has for millennia considered this skill a necessary requirement for being taken seriously as an adult. And for good reason. It's the only thing that keeps you sane in this screwed up world.

And it is because of this undeniable fact that I feel that the modern departure from that approach is utterly wrong. Instead of teaching people to live with the world as it is, accept it and learn the skills they need to avoid unnecessary suffering so that they can live happy and sane lives we deliberately deny them these skills and in doing so condemn them to a lifetime of offense and anguish that is utterly avoidable.

Worse yet, in doing so we create a generation of people so disconnected from reality that their only recourse to rid them self of their utterly avoidable pain is to go out wasting time and energy fighting windmills in an ideological crusade to change the very nature of reality. And who will happily throw them self into extreme ideologies or religions to do so. All of which can only ever lead to more anguish and trouble in the long run.

Bottom line is you can't "fix" the world. And you can't wrap it up in bubble wrap to protect everyone from anything that could possibly hurt them either. Not without turning the entire world into a prison anyway. And even if you could, achievements such as that are well beyond the scope of human ability.

Instead you just have to learn to lick your wounds, make your heart into stone and keep wading through the river of shit that is life. And with enough practice you'll learn to tune out the stench so that maybe, just maybe, you can carve out a tiny bit of happiness for your self before you expire. And the only way to truly help people is to teach them this skill early and well.
I totally agree with the first half of your message, but I actually think your view on what is happening is misconstrued in the second half. Already, the world as it was in your time is different than it it is now. It's not normal to insult people on things they can't change now, so teaching people to live in your time would remove the progress this society has already made. That being, denormalizing those specific types of insults.

The nature of reality isn't using 1960's era bigoted american insults. Many, including myself, have gained pride in who they are with the help of others and new scientific data from recent studies, which would not have been possible 20 years ago. These two things actually come hand in hand, with acceptance comes knowledge on the subject and hopefully vice versa (I mean, just look at marijuana, most people don't think it will drive you insane now). People like myself aren't attempting to ignore reality, insults are totally fine. Bigotry is what isn't acceptable. For example, you can hate someone without hating their skin color. It would be very stupid to hate someone based on their skin color. But if you show hate towards someone based on that specific part of them, there's a line that has been crossed.

And to bring it back around to the original comment in question, it's not something worth throwing a fit over, but there are certainly more respectable ways to show your dislike for something. I don't think it's much worth defending though, either. Nobody would have cared if they used another word.

Last edited:

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Hey Runey. Apologies if this has been asked before; do you have any plans to add repeatable lewd scenes to the Hot Springs and Garden? Something similar to the Shower scenes, where a girl visits them as a regular part of her schedule each week, and you can join them for some fun? I love the game, but these two areas seem criminally underused at the moment.
Garden, yes!

The hot springs is hard to make animated content for because there is a background fog which makes looped animations very apparent.

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
And I have no objections to anyone defending a person in that situation.
Really? 'Cause that's not what you said. You said "the very idea of finding words spoken in your presence at a third party, let alone text on the internet offensive was alien and unimaginable". You said you found the idea that anyone speaking up for a third party, when the insult wasn't directed at them, was stupid. You have literally already expressed your objection.

Not that it'll ever happen mind you.
It happened in the past (though unfortunately rarely), and it happens today. You're complaining about it happening, and referring to people speaking up on behalf of others as "modern madness."

Life is cruel, short and unfair. And for most humans living on this earth it'll screw them over before they are even born by having them be born into the wrong place, social class, race, ethnic group etc.
And so we shouldn't try to improve society?
You're getting confused between "life isn't fair" and "the society you grew up in was shit." You said people are wasting time "in an ideological crusade to change the very nature of reality," but they're not trying to change the nature of reality, they're trying to change social behaviours. You do get that those aren't the same thing, right? That those social behaviours they're trying to change (it being acceptable to call people faggot or <removed>, for example) aren't intrinsic and inalterable parts of the universe.
By your logic, women should have just accepted that they were second-class citizens, and had fewer rights than men, and not complained, and never wasted their time or energy trying to change the nature of reality, since "life ain't fair." I guess the entire Civil Rights Movement was a mistake, too, since "life isn't fair", and they should have just resigned themselves to knowing their place. We probably shouldn't have bothered with the Magna Carta, either, or the Declaration of Human Rights, since "life isn't fair."

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Garden, yes!

The hot springs is hard to make animated content for because there is a background fog which makes looped animations very apparent.
Could be some exhibitionism events or others that are not animated, could try different camera angles, that would put the steam behind the camera, such as facing the wall, facing away from the bath. Could have events that start there, and them move out into the shower or lobby. I am sure there are other options...

KristopheH

Mar 8, 2018
Garden, yes!

Garden, awesome!

Regarding the hot springs, can I ask what might be an obvious question? Presumably, the background fog is on a loop as well, rather than being randomly generated. Wouldn't it therefore be possible to sync any looped animations to the loop of the fog?

skdhn

Jul 6, 2017
someone could share me the file of /game/images/pc pls i have the bug
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/computer.rpy", line 135, in script
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
  File "game/scripts/computer.rpy", line 106, in execute
  File "game/scripts/computer.rpy", line 109, in execute
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'pc/btn/icon_store_%s.webp').

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1949, in execute
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1937, in call
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 625, in update
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 946, in _imagebutton
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 940, in choice
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'pc/btn/icon_store_%s.webp').

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
Were you using a mod before? If so, you will need to install the mod again to use the save.

Reactions: alex2011

skdhn

Jul 6, 2017
Were you using a mod before? If so, you will need to install the mod again to use the save.
nope i lost some pic of pc that i download the game 2 time but its lost again
Code:

While loading <'Image' u'pc/store_outfits.png'>:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9117, in script call
  File "game/scripts/lobby_script.rpy", line 192, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5609, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 12330, in script
  File "game/scripts/AON_sensitive_FIX.rpy", line 13, in FIXrender
IOError: Couldn't find file 'pc/store_outfits.png'.

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9117, in script call
  File "game/scripts/lobby_script.rpy", line 192, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5609, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 12330, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1389, in execute
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1601, in with_statement
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2251, in do_with
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen/renpy.display.render.c:6805)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 180, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 361, in render
  File "game/scripts/AON_sensitive_FIX.rpy", line 13, in FIXrender
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 583, in render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 266, in get
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 628, in load
  File "renpy/loader.py", line 576, in load
IOError: Couldn't find file 'pc/store_outfits.png'.
Can anyone up the pc folder for me

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Can anyone up the pc folder for me
At least for 0.13.2 there aren't any images in the image folder anyomre (Ok, one gif, but that it is). Whole 0.13.2 image folder is attached, but is nearly empty.:geek:

Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Garden, awesome!

Regarding the hot springs, can I ask what might be an obvious question? Presumably, the background fog is on a loop as well, rather than being randomly generated. Wouldn't it therefore be possible to sync any looped animations to the loop of the fog?
I can't control the fog. I don't know when it loops, it probably loops after a few minutes. Animations are only 2 - 3 seconds long

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
Your game is missing an image. Either it somehow didn't get downloaded or you messed with the files. A reinstall should fix it.

What, are we not open to exhibitionism here?
What?

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes