Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
This is the best thread I've ever read on this site. I love it.

Did you mean Spoiler
No I said Spoiler
But what about Spoiler....

Ha Ha, absolutely love it. And I really, honestly do appreciate you all using the spoiler tag. It
just struck me as funny to see all the Spoiler tags...........

Cheers.

Dec 13, 2018
https://f95zone.to/members/xn.119445/

Re the latest (v0.13.2):
I am getting a consistent error when trying to unpack the files: data error \game\v09.rpa
Have tested the .zip with Winzsip and 7zip. Both report the same error.
Have downloaded from Mega and nopy. Both downloads have the same error.

Have now also downloaded from MixDrop and am getting 'unspecified error' (also both with winzip and 7zip).

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
https://f95zone.to/members/xn.119445/

Re the latest (v0.13.2):
I am getting a consistent error when trying to unpack the files: data error \game\v09.rpa
Have tested the .zip with Winzsip and 7zip. Both report the same error.
Have downloaded from Mega and nopy. Both downloads have the same error.

Have now also downloaded from MixDrop and am getting 'unspecified error' (also both with winzip and 7zip).
How large is the file you are getting? You may not be getting the full file, you might want to get a downloader, like Jdownloader2, you could be getting interrupted.
You might also try updating 7zip or Winrar.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
A new introduction!

Before vs After

Looks great, a lot more fleshed out and busy than the first one. In the first, there's just a couple trees, some rocks, some flowers, and absolutely no indication of what the building is. You only know what it is by playing the game, or reading the title if you can gather that much info from a single word in a game title. In the second, you now have a hedge, a more elaborate entrance that actually undeniably marks the building as a hotel, some shrubs, a mailbox, a sidewalk and a road going by the hotel, and a fence off to the side.

I will admit I do like the first one's windows better, they seem more like actual windows than the solid panels of blue in the second image even if their frames look like they are made of plywood nailed to the side in preparation for a hurricane.

Reactions: TheDevian
Dec 13, 2018
How large is the file you are getting? You may not be getting the full file, you might want to get a downloader, like Jdownloader2, you could be getting interrupted.
Thanks for responding.

I've deleted all the files since posting, but sizes of all of the downloads from all the sites were the same.
i.e. 7.x GB in all cases. Also. I downloaded from at least one site twice (thinking the same thing).
Three sites, all the same size seems pretty solid that I was getting the entire file in each case.

7zip is at latest version. Winzip is older.
Don't have Winrar, but can try that (just need to install same and complete another 7GB download).
Will let you know.

I should say here though, that I updated a lot of games from F95 in the last few days (8 to 10), can't recall exactly.
And the only one I had issues with was Harem Hotel.
So something's definitely different with the Harem Hotel files, versus all of the others.

Last edited:

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Thanks for responding.

I've deleted all the files since posting, but sizes of all of the downloads from all the sites were the same.
i.e. 7.x GB in all cases. Also. I downloaded from at least one site twice (thinking the same thing).
Three sites, all the same size seems pretty solid that I was getting the entire file in each case.

7zip is at latest version. Winzip is older.
Don't have Winrar, but can try that (just need to install same and complete another 7GB download).
Will let you know.

I should say here though, that I updated a lot of games from F95 in the last few days (8 to 10), can't recall exactly.
And I only have one I had this issue with was Harem Hotel.
So something's definitely different with the Harem Hotel files, versus all of the others.
Did you try downloading directly from Runey's Patreon (link in the OP)? In my experience, the downloads tend to be more reliable from there than even here.

Dec 13, 2018
Did you try downloading directly from Runey's Patreon (link in the OP)? In my experience, the downloads tend to be more reliable from there than even here.
No I didn't. As often Patreon links are behind paywalls, and/or aren't the latest versions.
Also, my experience has been that F95 files are very reliable.
Still, thanks for responding, and for the suggestion. I did look and saw in this case the Patreon file is free and is the latest.
However, by then I'd already started re-downloading the F95 file (see next)

Sooo... oddest thing:
I installed Winrar, re-downloaded HH (from nopy), uncompressed with Winrar all ok.
For completeness, re-tested uncompressing this copy of the file with 7zip and that also worked all ok.

Now (after all the downloads and previous attempt), have no idea as to why so many failures?
Either way, problem's gone. So thanks again for responding. Even if only to prompt me to try one more time :)

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No I didn't. As often Patreon links are behind paywalls, and/or aren't the latest versions.
Also, my experience has been that F95 files are very reliable.
Still, thanks for responding, and for the suggestion. I did look and saw in this case the Patreon file is free and is the latest.
However, by then I'd already started re-dowlading the F95 file (see next)

Sooo... oddest thing:
I installed Winrar, re-downloaded HH (from nopy), uncompressed with Winar all ok.
For completeness, re-tested uncompressing this copy of teh file with 7zip and that also worked all ok.

Now (after all the downloads and previous attempt), have no idea as to why so many failures?
Either way, problem's gone. So thanks again for responding. Even if only to prompt me to try one more time :)
Yeah, Runey's supporters get the betas, but his full release is open to the public.

Glad to hear it worked out for you!

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes