Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
There are, but those are reserved for patrons. However I've tried my best to design Harem Hotel's economy to be balanced. So long as you buy and upgrade the bar, you shouldn't need money. Maybe do some pinups when you have time to spare as well.
I have to agree. If you just start with the bar you will have enough money. You will get even more later in Kalis storyline.

To change the subject, which features (quality of life or otherwise) would you like to see developed in v0.15?
Give me more options to spend money. Be it expansive Android funding for the lulz, give out money for charity or just give out drinks on the house.

Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Give me more options to spend money. Be it expansive Android funding for the lulz, give out money for charity or just give out drinks on the house.
I've been wanting to do this! I think Ashley's v0.14 story event is a great example. You can give the ramen man and homeless man various amounts of money. It's mostly for flavor, but sometimes things will change as well. I want to include more of this in the story going forward.

Sep 17, 2017
To change the subject, which features (quality of life or otherwise) would you like to see developed in v0.15?
I'd like to see more reasons to go to the various non-bedrooms, like the Hot Springs, Garden, Bar, or even the Laundry Room, since some of those only get tied to a handful of events at most before getting ignored the rest of the game. Doesn't even need to be major events, but something like small repeatables (say, Lyn/Android cleaning in the Laundry Room instead of the hall to the shower, with a chance to give out a headpat or similar).

I'd also like to possibly see some physical change to the bar scene after unlocking all the Sports Day upgrades, considering we forked over for multiple TVs and such. That might give more of a sense of "hey I made actual improvements" over just seeing weekly income go up while everything looks the same.

Lastly, and I'm not sure how this could be done effectively within the UI, but possibly a way of warning the player that the event after the one they are about to do has an automatic/unskippable followup event. This isn't critical, but it can throw some timing off when you manage to accidentally set things up to where two of those get triggered at once, and they need to fire one day after the other (in 13.1 I managed to have two of the girls force-waking the MC in his room events fire off one after the other, which ate up two days in a row - I think it was Ashley's nurse event and one other I'm forgetting, possibly one of the twins wanting to go out for the day).

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
There's always that one guy who wants to talk about the game.... :geek:

In the 'otherwise department' I'd like a better color than white in the top right corner HUD when we click an action, something easier to see/read for us old folk.

• Haha

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Humm, well, I mentioned the expansions to the exhibitionism events on Discord, and a huge Ann chain in here that would work like the bar, the more you invest, the more of an income it could provide.

I also talked about turning the bar into a strip club instead of a sports bar (hopefully this one will work for me), and get various women to have events there.

I would like to be able to buy more elves, even if they are not ones we keep exactly, like either buy desert elves and return them to their village, buy some to work in the bar, club, Ann's thing like I said, and other business options.

I want to be able to invest more in Nia/Sui and her Gadgeteer, help fund them better.
There's always that one guy who wants to talk about the game.... :geek:

In the 'otherwise department' I'd like a better color than white in the top right corner HUD when we click an action, something easier to see/read for us old folk.

I am sure I can think of more, but it's time for dinner...
Yeah, or an outline/shadow effect would also work, but text color option is fun.

Reactions: freedom.call

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
I'd like to see:

1) More interaction with Sylvia in the kitchen once she's "working" there.

2) A continuation of Nia's quest to liberate her fellow elves... maybe a heist/caper involving Lin, (Android), Sylvia, Maria, Peni, and Ann all bringing their talents to the struggle? I'm just throwing the idea out there, in part because right now the residents of the sanctuary all feel underutilized after you "save" them except Nia, and I think Nia's goal is a good one.

3) Because of how sizable the game is now... maybe a torrent version of it so the download can be more easily paused and resumed over a few sessions?

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Other people told it too, like Segnbora
Just FWIW, I'm not really with you on your jeremiad.

There's a QoL upgrade I thought might improve the game that happens to coincide with one of your mod-derived complaints. I tried to concisely and unemotionally explain to Runey what it was and why it would be valuable rather than harangue him(?) about all the minor issues one might encounter. If it's implemented, great! If not, okay.

It's not like the game is intolerably unplayable without it. It remains an extremely rich, highly enjoyable game with a terrific story. Are there ways it could be more efficient? Yes. But that's what the mod was for, and even if Lain doesn't come back, the mod could be replicated. I don't think angrily attempting to force the mod into the game code is worth the effort, nor do I think it's persuasive. There was one thing the mod did that wasn't at all replicated in the game, and that was really my sole focus. I'd love to see it, and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Runey threw it in at some point because I tried very hard to not yell, but the game works perfectly well without it; it just requires more prophylactic saving.

No, a story one, I believe, IIRC.
Thanks much!

Is that what is keeping her from having sex with us? :ROFLMAO:
Well, I'm quite cross about it. Voluptuous redheads shouldn't be introduced until they're sexually available. It's just basic science.

Reactions: c3p0 and TheDevian

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
It's funny: were this my story, I would've made Autumn available in the dungeon almost immediately. But still not — in fact, very far from — "normal" events. I feel like our super-fake-progressive Opus Dei character would love being punished, but she'd resist sex until the end.

• Haha

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Just FWIW, I'm not really with you on your jeremiad.

There's a QoL upgrade I thought might improve the game that happens to coincide with one of your mod-derived complaints. I tried to concisely and unemotionally explain to Runey what it was and why it would be valuable rather than harangue him(?) about all the minor issues one might encounter. If it's implemented, great! If not, okay.

It's not like the game is intolerably unplayable without it. It remains an extremely rich, highly enjoyable game with a terrific story. Are there ways it could be more efficient? Yes. But that's what the mod was for, and even if Lain doesn't come back, the mod could be replicated. I don't think angrily attempting to force the mod into the game code is worth the effort, nor do I think it's persuasive. There was one thing the mod did that wasn't at all replicated in the game, and that was really my sole focus. I'd love to see it, and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Runey threw it in at some point because I tried very hard to not yell, but the game works perfectly well without it; it just requires more prophylactic saving.

Thanks much!

Well, I'm quite cross about it. Voluptuous redheads shouldn't be introduced until they're sexually available. It's just basic science.
One way knowing each character's location can be done in game is through the spycam feature. It's possible to include an option for MC to search for a character when a story event is ready.

During gameplay, I imagine the player would notice someone's event is ready during the day transition screen, then hop on the computer to spy on their location. But this would require quite a bit work as there is no code storing location in this game, and I would have to go back to every single event as well. But maybe it will make it in at some point.

---

In other news, I've been wanting to remake the stats screen for quite some time. Here's the rough concept, what do you guys think?

I may also replace "Friendship" with just "Level" because it seems that can be confusing sometimes, and is friendship really the right term at later points in their story anyway?

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I may also replace "Friendship" with just "Level" because it seems that can be confusing sometimes, and is friendship really the right term at later points in their story anyway?
How about 'affection'?

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
a couple :
QoL, altering the interface a bit so the heads from transition are part of the upper interface, possibly making it so clicking on them takes you to that characters stats page, just streamlines things a bit.
Feature : during transitions we can see rain and such randomly, how about making it so that weather has an effect on say, the garden, or characters comment that its a bit too much rain to go to the beach? (or better, wet hairstyles at the beach?)
Feature : garden expansion, Lin commented on wanting to grow veg, and that backgate in the garden is still there...
Feature : something to spend money on, because after the initial goal of saving for the bar, money rapidly snowballs.. maybe make use of that vending machine in the lobby?

• Thinking Face

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'd like to see:

1) More interaction with Sylvia in the kitchen once she's "working" there.
Yeah, if nothing else, some headpats and spankings there would be fun, but it would be nice to see some other events, maybe something random like the dates, where one day you walk in and she snuck in a TV and you catch her watching it when she was supposed to be working, maybe one day she 'borrowed' another vibrator, could walk in and have Lin praising her for a job well done or bawling her out for making some lazy mistake and the two of you can punish or reward her for it, and so on.
Could catch her in the Lobby watching tv one day, when she is supposed to be cleaning in there... Could even have Ellen come get him, ask what he wants to do about it (but really she just wants to watch him punish her).

---

Not all of these are mechanics, but...

I would like to see some more interactions with Maria when she is working at the bar...
Example: I mentioned once, a long time ago, one idea about messing with her while she is working, could be anything from making her wear a vibrator, to hiding under the counter, fingering her or eating her out, to even fucking her from behind. If she gets the orders right, she gets to cum, and if she messes up (gets the order wrong, drops a glass, whatever), she gets spanked in the middle of the bar.

Speaking of, an expansion of Moon's spanking event, I think I mentioned this before too, but like at the end, she asks if she should clean herself off, the player could say no, and make her wait tables, naked, and covered in his cum.

We could have Peni, Ann, and maybe others dance for you, either by taking them to the bar or in their rooms, maybe you have to pay to install a stripper pole. Maria once mentioned that she took classes for pole dancing, so her and Peni could give lessons to the others who want to learn.

More group pinups might be fun, like the main girls and their sides, like Maria and Hanna... Ashley and the fairies (either claim it it photochoped or not be allowed to sell those)... Lin and Jin now that she is clean... Kali and Luci could be fun some with them being kinky together, others with them fighting, starting off with Luci trying to be sexy and showing off, and then Kali dominaets her, that kind of thing. XD

You already said you want to do more dates, so we can skip that... lol

Think Hanna and Luci should be in the hotspring when their roommates are in the shower or in the lobby, not at work/school. At least with Luci, that is when she is supposed to be at work, after all.

Speaking of, visiting Luci at work for fun would be nice.
Go with her on sexy deliveries like that one event where someone pays her to have fun with the MC on his porch, fuck her in the store and try to finish before getting caught by a customer or Nidra wakes up, and so on... Maybe Luci is so loud once, that is actually wakes Nidra, and she gets turned on, and starts to enjoy herself as she watches, and later on, she asks Luci to let her share, could even be she tries to blackmail her, not knowing that her dad owns the place... After a while, maybe Luci works her way up, and starts to run the store, and she starts to make sexy changes to the uniform (bunnies everywhere) and so on.

Another thing on the exhibitionism events, like the sex event chain idea, I would like to do that with them too. Start with the first one, and then move through the ones you have unlocked for that location. Well, this would not work with the ones like Autumn, but the others would work pretty well.

I would like to see all the maids work in naked apron once their exhibitionism score gets high enough (or story gets far enough). Maybe even Kali when she is cosplaying. lol

I would like the ability to go to the kitchen from your room, so you don't get interrupted on the way to give headpats! XD

Maybe gifts that can just be used to buy affection points with a girl, rather than to make them 'not mad', give them some use.

As I have said before, I would like any time you get cure their lust, be it level 3, 6 or 9, you get a point for the lust stat.

I think it is also time for Autumn to sleep with him (not sex, just cuddling), and to wake him up with her breasts, she starts lusting for his cum, and can't help herself, she is a natural cum slut after all.
Hard to argue with science! Redheads are awesome.

Reactions: c3p0

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Well, I'd say that I somewhat like the visual representation (smaller and less...cartoony, though), but it doesn't really address the one and only issue I had.

I actually prefer "affection" to "lovers." I feel like the stat gate to becoming lovers should be based on a different foundation than pure sex.

I'd just like to know if I'm missing something before I start a scene. You could put this anywhere — on the doors, in the rooms once we've entered with the intention of initiating a stat scene rather than a plot advance — but seeing "Invite Ashley to the beach (Exhibition +1, 7/9) would tell me that I've not yet earned the not-greyed-out next step. Alternatively, just don't make it available until I've hit the stat gate. Either's fine. But I really do hate the idea that I can initiate an event that I can't properly finish, in a game in which such things are not a general rule of gameplay.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Oh: on that modded stat page, mod the portraits based on stats. They have to be...more sexual?...as the characters progress.

• Thinking Face

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
I always felt that the masturbations sceens while hot where a bit out of place in the utility room. I mean, why go there to masturbate while you have a perfectly fine room in withc to do it? I understand that the goal is to put those sceens far enough from the main hub (loby) that you have to seek them a bit but not far enough that they become a choir. I don't know how feasable it would be but just telling a small story with those sceens would make them make a bit more sence. Put a broom on the ground beside Lin to implie that she started masturbating while cleaning or put a stack of clothing beside Kali to imply that she realy was bored while waiting for the shower and not just used the fact that someone else is using the shower to masurbate in public. I feel that an other character (Felicity or Emma) could use the lundry room while screeming their lungs out and notify us that something is hapening in there with a dialog box when we get in the utility room. (thoug I don't know how anoying it woud get in the long run to see this box often while passing in the UR)

an other thing but this one feels unresonable to ask would be a proper staircasse shaft and an elevator for the hotel to fit with the new exterior. I am under the impression that your poking at it yourself in the last update with this shot:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Runey

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I always felt that the masturbations sceens while hot where a bit out of place in the utility room. I mean, why go there to masturbate while you have a perfectly fine room in withc to do it? I understand that the goal is to put those sceens far enough from the main hub (loby) that you have to seek them a bit but not far enough that they become a choir. I don't know how feasable it would be but just telling a small story with those sceens would make them make a bit more sence. Put a broom on the ground beside Lin to implie that she started masturbating while cleaning or put a stack of clothing beside Kali to imply that she realy was bored while waiting for the shower and not just used the fact that someone else is using the shower to masurbate in public. I feel that an other character (Felicity or Emma) could use the lundry room while screeming their lungs out and notify us that something is hapening in there with a dialog box when we get in the utility room. (thoug I don't know how anoying it woud get in the long run to see this box often while passing in the UR)

an other thing but this one feels unresonable to ask would be a proper staircasse shaft and an elevator for the hotel to fit with the new exterior. I am under the impression that your poking at it yourself in the last update with this shot:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Kali says it best, she wants to do it in public, and that used to be a semi-public place, with only a small chance of being caught (bigger chance now that the hot springs are open to the public). Lin and Android do mention that they were working at the time, IIRC.

I always assumed the elevator is on the side you can't see. XD
If it isn't there, then it will be needed if we need to be up to code, and have Wheelie move in. lol

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I was about to say that they're not all exhibitionists, but now I'm questioning myself. Other than Autumn (so far), are they? Maybe?

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes