alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
And since you don't even WANT to see things from the other side, there is no need to continue - seriously, dude, I would never thought that you were so stubborn and narrow-minded, I simply can't explain it better since already THREE people detailled the problem and even gave examples... :cautious:

No, you didn't tried the mod. At all. You used only the cheats, which is precisely something I was explaining as irrelevant regarding the main advantage it provides. I'm showing you a GPS, and you're telling me that you're fine with a paper map, a compass and a sextant and - worse - than GPS is useless and don't save time... :FacePalm: What's next, we'll go back to punch cards for programming computers?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh, I see things from the other side because I'm on that side of development. The only one on the other side of development for this game is Runey. No matter how I look at it, as a user or a developer, it makes no sense to make the changes because things are fine as they are and the only thing changing the UI does is take away from development time. I also see no need to continue, but here we are, continuing.

Yes, I did try the mod, the cheats ARE the mod, that's part of its function. Using only part of the mod is not the same thing as not using the mod. The cheats ARE the main advantage it provides, the rest the game already provides and isn't needed in the mod. As for the GPS metaphor, that was a big mistake, I actually am fine with a paper map since I've had a GPS tell me incorrect information that my map reading skills would not, like saying my destination is on the side of a highway or directing me in literal circles.

Come on man, there is no 'other side', only different opinions. The game is the way Runey wants it to be, he's reading our posts and maybe picks up a few things here and there he's happy to include/change. I don't think going on and on about it helps. :)
That's right, though I do have to side with Wisblade on the sides thing, there kind of are two sides to development in a way, the player/user and the developer. We are on the player/user side while Runey is on the developer side. However, in this case, what he said about things being easier for the developer makes them harder for the player and the reverse is not correct in this case for most of us and only a few seem to be under the impression that the UI needs to be changed.

J_Doe

Aug 2, 2018
I would argue that the popularity of mods like Lain's point to a general flaw - why not just have a patreon only version with all of the mod functions? People pay for cheated versions of games like this all the time.

ZunMadun

Oct 21, 2017
As for the GPS metaphor, that was a big mistake, I actually am fine with a paper map since I've had a GPS tell me incorrect information that my map reading skills would not, like saying my destination is on the side of a highway or directing me in literal circles.
Why use a map? Why not climb a mountain and use that for navigation it provides the same thing.
Why use a plane to visit other countries? You have arms and legs so use them to go there instead.
Why use phones when going to people and talking is already a thing in the world.

People are more lazy and they want more information quicker than before. That's why we now have waypoints, maps and quicktravel in games when previously games just told us vague directions to objectives. People want to quickly jump in games that they played and get the information they need to proceed with the game without having to go back to that 1 npc that gave you directions.
You might say that oh you can just go to the doors they will give you whatever information you need but you have to understand that not all play the same way or remember how things work. How many games from here do you play? How accurately do you remember what you have done and what you haven't done in all of those games? Especially since there are games that have very similar plots, characters and locations. It would be nice to load your save and quickly be able to tell what you haven't done and other information.

Information can be added to the stats screen or whatever it is. A simple "Beach events completed" or something. It won't take 50h of development time to add them there.

Reactions: Corvus Belli

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
1640114093974.png
The whole mod disccussion is becoming entirely tiresome, at least for me. The mod adds cheats and, according to the ones that use it, a better UI with all *interesting* data concentrated in one place. The GPS and other debate is ridiculous in the first part and adds nothing to this at all - my opinion. We could go back in time and don't play games on a highly advance computer system that we have downloaded over very fast network across the world. Altough then, we woudn't have this discussion in the first place.

As I understand all the information that is *better* presented in the mod are additional content not needed for the story. I haven't seen in the games I played that they have a build in help - hand holding help - for this type of content.

Regardless it comes down to a few points:
  • Does Main Lain future develop her mod of Harem Hotel or not?
  • Does Runey implement the things the ones that want this into his game or not?
  • Does anyone other than Main Lain make a mod that does the same as Main Lain's mod for this?
To debate how many have use Main Lain's mod for this or not is something with no gain. Only if a great majority on the zone, who have played a recent version of Harem Hotel, would answer in a poll, it would make sense, otherwise, independent of how many would voice their opinion, it would be a very small minority of this board. (Even 40'000 users are only less than 1% of the users here.)

Last edited:

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
View attachment 1556289
The whole mod disccussion is becoming entirely tiresome, at least for me. The mod adds cheats and, according to the ones that use it, a better UI with all *interesting* data concentrated in one place. The GPS and other debate is ridiculous in the first part and adds nothing to this at all - my opinion. We could go back in time and don't play games on a highly advance computer system that we have downloaded over very fast network across the world. Altough then, we woudn't have this discussion in the first place.

As I understand all the information that is *better* presented in the mod are additional content not needed for the story. I haven't seen in the games I played that they have a build in help - hand holding help - for this type of content.

• Does anyone other than Main Lain make a mod that does the same as Main Lain's mod for this?
To debate how many have use Main Lain's mod for this or not is something with no gain. Only if a great majority on the zone, who have played a recent version of Harem Hotel, would answer in a poll, it would make sense, otherwise, independent of how many would voice their opinion, it would be a very small minority of this board. (Even 40'000 users are only less than 1% of the users here.)
It most certainly is. I've avoided this whole thread for a few days now. Just agree to disagree, and move on. Let's go back to the game, not worry about the mod, and let's save the debate, or better yet, not to do it anymore. Quit beating the damn dead horse already.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Why use a map? Why not climb a mountain and use that for navigation it provides the same thing.
Why use a plane to visit other countries? You have arms and legs so use them to go there instead.
Why use phones when going to people and talking is already a thing in the world.

People are more lazy and they want more information quicker than before. That's why we now have waypoints, maps and quicktravel in games when previously games just told us vague directions to objectives. People want to quickly jump in games that they played and get the information they need to proceed with the game without having to go back to that 1 npc that gave you directions.
You might say that oh you can just go to the doors they will give you whatever information you need but you have to understand that not all play the same way or remember how things work. How many games from here do you play? How accurately do you remember what you have done and what you haven't done in all of those games? Especially since there are games that have very similar plots, characters and locations. It would be nice to load your save and quickly be able to tell what you haven't done and other information.

Information can be added to the stats screen or whatever it is. A simple "Beach events completed" or something. It won't take 50h of development time to add them there.
Climbing a mountain, you can only gauge as far as you can see, but maps hold much more information at a much greater distance the human eyesight is capable of. Arms and legs can only get you so far, a plane or boat is required for large bodies of water. Talking can only be done in person, which is not possible between state, country, or continent sized distances.

Not Runey's problem if they are lazy, if they want something easier, they can go to a developer willing to cater to that. Again, not Runey's problem if people don't remember how to play because of a time gap or any other reason. How accurately I remember doesn't really matter as anything I feel is significant gets written down, literally as in physical pen and paper. This applies to every game I play. As for how many I play from here, literally over a hundred, however, not all of them are like this game, most are quick fap type games that have little to no quality story or any real gameplay loop to speak of, but some are like Harem Hotel, VNs and RPGs that have hours of content.

Sure, it CAN be added, but it isn't necessary and would use time better spent on content development.

That's alright, I was thinking about user vs user having different opinions. Not sides. User vs Runey......yeah that's never ending well. :sneaky:
No, no it is not. That's essentially an argument with the game's god.

View attachment 1556289

The GPS thing was a metaphor and they were comparing useful items in real life to the mod. We COULD go back to that more primitive time, but then we wouldn't have this amazing game. You're right, very few games hold the player's hand, though that really shouldn't be a thing, my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Will Maim come back? That's hard to say and I am honestly erring on the side of no. Will Runey implement these things, I'm pretty sure he already said no. Does anyone else make a mod like this? Actually, there are a couple people on F95 that make mods like this, including Maim, but Her mods are usually better and sometimes contain extra content while other mods do not.

It most certainly is. I've avoided this whole thread for a few days now. Just agree to disagree, and move on. Let's go back to the game, not worry about the mod, and let's save the debate, or better yet, not to do it anymore. Quit beating the damn dead horse already.
I've already given a couple hints that I would like the discussion to end on this, including here, so hopefully this is the last.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Climbing a mountain, you can only gauge as far as you can see, but maps hold much more information at a much greater distance the human eyesight is capable of. Arms and legs can only get you so far, a plane or boat is required for large bodies of water. Talking can only be done in person, which is not possible between state, country, or continent sized distances.

Not Runey's problem if they are lazy, if they want something easier, they can go to a developer willing to cater to that. Again, not Runey's problem if people don't remember how to play because of a time gap or any other reason. How accurately I remember doesn't really matter as anything I feel is significant gets written down, literally as in physical pen and paper. This applies to every game I play. As for how many I play from here, literally over a hundred, however, not all of them are like this game, most are quick fap type games that have little to no quality story or any real gameplay loop to speak of, but some are like Harem Hotel, VNs and RPGs that have hours of content.

Sure, it CAN be added, but it isn't necessary and would use time better spent on content development.

No, no it is not. That's essentially an argument with the game's god.

The GPS thing was a metaphor and they were comparing useful items in real life to the mod. We COULD go back to that more primitive time, but then we wouldn't have this amazing game. You're right, very few games hold the player's hand, though that really shouldn't be a thing, my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Will Maim come back? That's hard to say and I am honestly erring on the side of no. Will Runey implement these things, I'm pretty sure he already said no. Does anyone else make a mod like this? Actually, there are a couple people on F95 that make mods like this, including Maim, but Her mods are usually better and sometimes contain extra content while other mods do not.

I've already given a couple hints that I would like the discussion to end on this, including here, so hopefully this is the last.
I hope so. I was even chased away from this thread, and that's not a hard thing to do, but it was enough for me to avoid contact with it while this was going on.

But I agree, with you. No more.

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
Using only part of the mod is not the same thing as not using the mod.
While I was saying to you explicitely that the thing was OUTSIDE the cheats... And you give your experience using the only irrelevant thing within the mod.
How many times did you use the cheat to get money? Twice ? How many times did you max your stats? Even more funny, how many times did you change the Sanctuary route, knowing that it resets EACH time the route to the very beginning, i.e. getting the elfs at the door?
Cheats are useful to speed up things a bit - but you may use them 4 or 5 times at most, excepted the "change route" at each update's end.

As for the GPS metaphor, that was a big mistake, I actually am fine with a paper map since I've had a GPS tell me incorrect information that my map reading skills would not, like saying my destination is on the side of a highway or directing me in literal circles.
Irrelevant. Because if a GPS is buggy, it's mostly because of weather - so you won't be able to use a sextant or anything sky-related to find your position, and a compass give only orientation, not position - you'll need a theodolite, a sextant, a precise watch, etc. to get your position. And in no way it could be a reason to throw your GPS, and even less to try to convince other people to throw their own GPS.

And here, what you did is that you used the GPS like a caveman, just to prevent the map from flying away, as a rock, and decrete that it's useless because it didn't really helped you... But, ironically, that the GPS bag was very practical to carry your snacks.

Again: Where in the standard UI is the completion for each event/location, for each girl? You'll have points, sometimes, but they aren't in anything related to the fact you seen ALL these events. Oh, and you have the useless pat count, yes, totally essential thing - you miss dozens of informations, but you have an useless one... Great.

Maim Lain's UI wasn't so bad, since Runey added something similar (but far less complete) from now. What is sad is that it's lost in the day change screen - therefore, you MUST waste a day to see it! - instead of being in the main UI, and that it isn't presented in a single-glance fashion, despite that there is enough screen space to do so and requires a mouse hover to get all informations.
And it's only for main girls, side girls are forgotten, and it doesn't show the missing locations/events progression/completion - again, in a single-glance interface.
So I really can't see what is your argument, unless it is "I wanna fuck myself for free while I play"...

Want an example? "Hero Harem Guild". Take a better look to the UI, count the number of clicks to reach all places - there is even a joke about the "Bed" perk on this subject - and how you can find/progress with a girl - in particular, take a close look to the girl's panel, you'll see ALL of them on ONE screen, with their level, progression status, etc.
The fact that the game allow an even simpler UI through quests is a fun thing, and you'll quickly understand that you'll handle better and WAY faster 10+ girls with the full UI rather than the two first girls WITHOUT these enhancements.
"The DeLuca Family" UI is also faster on several points, like "Corruption" or "The Awakening". Some games are quite the same than "Harem Hotel", like "Deviant Anomalies", but show it in a more readable/pleasant way than a white on black text panel.
And yes, this is true, such UI are quite frequent in sandbox games... It doesn't mean that it's neither a good thing, nor a good solution - day time handling is usually a big flaw, for example, like the lack of proper screens to navigate within the sandbox.

I won't compare with RPGM games, where you'll have near everything just by pressing "X" and reading the 3-4 tabs, because it's another game engine - but the RPGM-like UI, easier because built-in, can be done in Ren'Py too, it has been done already but it obviously require more work than with RPGM.

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I hope so. I was even chased away from this thread, and that's not a hard thing to do, but it was enough for me to avoid contact with it while this was going on.

But I agree, with you. No more.
I agree with you. I've gotten really fed up with how the "discussion" has been and have decided to take an indefinite break from this thread. Take care everyone.

nexusvideo

Feb 9, 2019
Is their any working money codes with version 14.1? Loss of the mod isnt that big of a deal to me; but I am not a big fan of grinding for money.
I am going to play it either way. This is one of the best games on this site.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
How about another 'debate'?
dark-elves-with-huge-tits-and-fat-asses-big-tiddy.jpg
Is their any working money codes with version 14.1? Loss of the mod isnt that big of a deal to me; but I am not a big fan of grinding for money.
There is always the console.
money = x

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
While I was saying to you explicitely that the thing was OUTSIDE the cheats... And you give your experience using the only irrelevant thing within the mod.
How many times did you use the cheat to get money? Twice ? How many times did you max your stats? Even more funny, how many times did you change the Sanctuary route, knowing that it resets EACH time the route to the very beginning, i.e. getting the elfs at the door?
Cheats are useful to speed up things a bit - but you may use them 4 or 5 times at most, excepted the "change route" at each update's end.

Irrelevant. Because if a GPS is buggy, it's mostly because of weather - so you won't be able to use a sextant or anything sky-related to find your position, and a compass give only orientation, not position - you'll need a theodolite, a sextant, a precise watch, etc. to get your position. And in no way it could be a reason to throw your GPS, and even less to try to convince other people to throw their own GPS.

And here, what you did is that you used the GPS like a caveman, just to prevent the map from flying away, as a rock, and decrete that it's useless because it didn't really helped you... But, ironically, that the GPS bag was very practical to carry your snacks.

Again: Where in the standard UI is the completion for each event/location, for each girl? You'll have points, sometimes, but they aren't in anything related to the fact you seen ALL these events. Oh, and you have the useless pat count, yes, totally essential thing - you miss dozens of informations, but you have an useless one... Great.

Maim Lain's UI wasn't so bad, since Runey added something similar (but far less complete) from now. What is sad is that it's lost in the day change screen - therefore, you MUST waste a day to see it! - instead of being in the main UI, and that it isn't presented in a single-glance fashion, despite that there is enough screen space to do so and requires a mouse hover to get all informations.
And it's only for main girls, side girls are forgotten, and it doesn't show the missing locations/events progression/completion - again, in a single-glance interface.
So I really can't see what is your argument, unless it is "I wanna fuck myself for free while I play"...

Want an example? "Hero Harem Guild". Take a better look to the UI, count the number of clicks to reach all places - there is even a joke about the "Bed" perk on this subject - and how you can find/progress with a girl - in particular, take a close look to the girl's panel, you'll see ALL of them on ONE screen, with their level, progression status, etc.
The fact that the game allow an even simpler UI through quests is a fun thing, and you'll quickly understand that you'll handle better and WAY faster 10+ girls with the full UI rather than the two first girls WITHOUT these enhancements.
"The DeLuca Family" UI is also faster on several points, like "Corruption" or "The Awakening". Some games are quite the same than "Harem Hotel", like "Deviant Anomalies", but show it in a more readable/pleasant way than a white on black text panel.
And yes, this is true, such UI are quite frequent in sandbox games... It doesn't mean that it's neither a good thing, nor a good solution - day time handling is usually a big flaw, for example, like the lack of proper screens to navigate within the sandbox.

I won't compare with RPGM games, where you'll have near everything just by pressing "X" and reading the 3-4 tabs, because it's another game engine - but the RPGM-like UI, easier because built-in, can be done in Ren'Py too, it has been done already but it obviously require more work than with RPGM.

Seriously, I've given several hints that this has gone on long enough and even you have said you had no more, but you keep coming back and giving me more to respond to. This has gone on too long at this point.

It has more in it than cheats, but the cheats are the only useful thing about it in this game. I didn't use the only irrelevant thing, I used the only relevant thing, why would I go out of my way to mod a game to get information the game itself already provides? That's extra work for no reward. I ground the money manually, but sanctuary routes I only ever change when there is new content on the route I'm not on, the slave route.

Not true, I've had this happen on completely clear days, in the middle of a fairly sizable city where things should have been clearly labeled within the map data no less. I don't need anything sky related, a compass and a map are the only things I would need.

Again, all that information is available somewhere in the game. If a girl's stat screen says to be continued, that means her story is complete. For side girls, if the number on the left matches the number on the right, her content is complete. For stats, if there's a star, it is complete, regardless of what events to do with those stats have been seen.

Maim's UI wasn't bad, but it was unnecessary since the game already has a UI with the information Maim's mod gave. You don't have to waste a day, simply do something out of the repeatable, AKA stats, content to pass the time. There's plenty of grind to hold you there. Then, when the next new day screen comes, look at who has events. An entirely blank new day screen means all girls are done out of the main cast.

Now, seriously, let's stop this. I've seen some people getting annoyed, so it is past time to stop.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Not gonna lie. But we need the dungeon option for autumn. Like..... Right now
Shes religious anyways so she needs to atone for her sins on a regular basis :p
Yeah, I like that take on her reason for being there, her religion seems to be about the guilt and whatnot, and she needs to free herself from any feelings of selfishness, so she can achieve enlightenment. Only then, can the future be realized, Trekker.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

Please drop this. This conversation has made several members, including myself, fed up with this thread. No one wants to hear this. This isn't going anywhere.

This is hardly even relevant to this thread. Some of this conversation is about entirely different games. If you want a walkthrough or mod, then go bug them on their thread. I'll ask the staff to handle this if isn't dropped.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
There are, but those are reserved for patrons. However I've tried my best to design Harem Hotel's economy to be balanced. So long as you buy and upgrade the bar, you shouldn't need money. Maybe do some pinups when you have time to spare as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian
4.70 star(s) 449 Votes