Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I think it would maybe make sense to lock Felicity and Emmas arrival in the Hotel behind Ashleys Friendship.

I have been playing from the start and have been taking things slow. Since someone here mentioned there are extra little bits if you get the girls stats up asap, I have been mostly levelling them as much as possible.

And I just got Felicity and Emma at the Hotel and they talk about being punished by their dad, when the scenes that they are suppossed to be punished for haven't happened yet. Ashley accuses them of trying to steal her boyfriend and they both know she means me, when they have never been told that so far.

It's not a big issue, as someone new to the game is very unlikely to encounter this and will likely see things in the right order naturally, but it might be a good idea nonetheless.
IIRC, the only major delays to when the twins show up at the hotel are building the 2nd floor (obviously) and having a certain number of days pass first (can't remember the number, though). I'm not one for rushing things, anyway, but I'll usually wait until sometime after Ashley's been kicked out of school before adding the 2nd floor. The timing seems to work fine for me that way, but I could see adding a trigger based on Ashley's Level like you mentioned. Also, I think a couple of Ashley's Exhibition scenes play differently depending on either whether you've met the twins or they've moved into the hotel (can't remember which).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
IIRC, the only major delays to when the twins show up at the hotel are building the 2nd floor (obviously) and having a certain number of days pass first (can't remember the number, though). I'm not one for rushing things, anyway, but I'll usually wait until sometime after Ashley's been kicked out of school before adding the 2nd floor. The timing seems to work fine for me that way, but I could see adding a trigger based on Ashley's Level like you mentioned. Also, I think a couple of Ashley's Exhibition scenes play differently depending on either whether you've met the twins or they've moved into the hotel (can't remember which).
Yeah, like I said when I first played through it naturally I only got them way after I had those Ashley scenes at the school. So I don't think it's an issue, but it might make some sense to force the correct timeline nonetheless.

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Yeah, like I said when I first played through it naturally I only got them way after I had those Ashley scenes at the school. So I don't think it's an issue, but it might make some sense to force the correct timeline nonetheless.
I think a lot of the continuity problems can come from when the player decides to add pretty much any of the upgrades. I've often wondered if Runey has ever had any thoughts on ideal moments in the story to add the 2nd floor, bar, etc.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Oh nooo, they're cutting our supply lines! :D

Only thing I would like is a different colored HUD top right corner when we click on an action....white isn't easy to read.
Well, for me, I just can't get the sports bar upgrade, and I don't really want that anyway, but it's the point, I would at least like to have the option to do it! XD

Or at least an outline/shadow effect. ;)
Doesn't Felicity use sand in her kitty litter? :unsure:
No way! She wouldn't use anything but the highest quality litter, with anti scent crystals, and hard clumping, all natural ingredients. PreciousCatUltraPremiumClumpingCatLitter.jpg

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Well, for me, I just can't get the sports bar upgrade, and I don't really want that anyway, but it's the point, I would at least like to have the option to do it! XD
I know, it's the principle of it all! I tried setting up the sports bar once...extra tv, more amenities, more advertising, live music.... I probably did it wrong bc I couldn't see any extra money coming in. I won't be fooled again. :cool:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I know, it's the principle of it all! I tried setting up the sports bar once...extra tv, more amenities, more advertising, live music.... I probably did it wrong bc I couldn't see any extra money coming in. I won't be fooled again. :cool:
I can't even buy the upgrades! :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
Reactions: freedom.call

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I believe it is 31. Says it at the top right when I go to her room.
Like I stated earlier, I did not yet do the event that would have locked her for 0.13.
Is Android unavailable as well? Did you buy Sylvia yet?
The requirements for this event should be made cle
I can still interact with the android and all that. All the acts and such.
Yep, been bought Sylvia and she works in the kitchen in the evening.
That is very odd then, I'm not sure what would be causing this. This seems almost like file corruption with what I currently know.

I cant buy the human module for Android. No error. I just cant click on it in the shop....
Any suggestions?
This bug was fixed in v0.14.1, but you just need to level up Android.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Now in Intro there is Elen+2 elves.
Elves are slaves. Has long lifespan. Kinda long term purchase.
And when player came into hotel Elen says that all maids excepts one(Lin, totally new one) left.

So, did they were buried along with MC grandpa to serve him in the afterlife?
:unsure:
They were let go because the hotel wasn't making any money and the CEO had just died.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Again, no-one is saying it's complicated.

Clearly, the guy's NOT like you. Like I said, not everyone consumes game content the same way.

No, he isn't. He's saying the game does not contan an efficent way to check certain information. That's a VERY different thing. If you want to disagree with the dude, then disagree with what he's actually saying.

No-one is saying to "change the game". The guy is saying to "improve the UI". Those are two VERY different things.

No, it doesn't. It tells you how many exhibitionism points you've earned. That's not the same thing. In order to see what scenes you've unlocked, you need to talk to each girl individually then go to their exhibitionism scene hub (cafe or beach), which is nowhere near as quick or efficient a process as the option that Lain's mod included.

Why should they remember? They might have last played the game three months ago; why would you expect them to remember everything they did and did not do in a game they play irregularly?
Again, the fact that you've played through nearly 900 days, and others have played through 23 times, are not the only ways to play the game.

You don't need to get it. The guy (and others like him) are telling you that they found the mod helpful, as an efficient hub for seeing certain information at-a-glance. The fact that you personally don't care about having that information so readily available is irrelevant; they do care, and they're telling you they care.
What he is saying is very clearly "I like access to information in an efficient way", and the response he's been getting is "but you can see the information just as easily by spending twenty five minutes clicking through eight different conversations, so why do you want a faster way to see that information?"
I'd hope this conversation was put to rest, but just to clarify, his suggestion has been heard. It wasn't very clear what point he was trying to make at first, but it's been made clear now. I at the very least was under the impression that he believed none of this information was available in game, but the suggestion is a cheat sheet of information centralized in one location. This is not something I wish to do as I think it takes quite a bit of the immersion out, among other things. But there's nothing wrong with modding that in for users who prefer that.

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
Okay, you are clearly not reading what I said. When I said "if you are like me",
I've read what you're saying. What you said was " Look at exhibitionism stat... that tells you how many you have done, so unless you are like me, and repeat the hell out of it, in which case you will have them all memorized, and only do them once, this will tell you."
I explained to you that the exhibitionism stat doesn't actually tell you how many scenes you've seen; it tells you how many exhibitionism points you've earned. It's entirely possible someone played Event 1, then played Event 1 again three or four times (because they liked it), then Event 2, then didn't play again for three months for any one fo half-a-hundred reasons. If that person checks how many Exhibitionist Points they have, it'll say 5 or 6, but that doesn't mean they've played/seen every event, does it? And if that person would like to know, quickly and efficiently, which scenes they've not seen yet, then the option in the mod (the one that Wisblade mentioned) was a better system than the suggestion "go check each girl, one by one".

I also said "and repeat the the events". You either do them once and move on, easy to forget, or you are like me, and repeat them, there are not a lot of variations there...
And if someone repeated an event, then their exhibitionism stat doesn't match how many scenes they've seen, does it? An exhibitionism of "4" does not necessarily mean they've seen every scene, does it?

I also explained what I meant by 'complicated',
Yes, and you're misusing the word. Nothing is "complicated", it's just something you don't understand. Note the difference between the two.

why do you care about this useless information? If you can't even read the responses, I am done discussing this.
I never once said I cared about the information. But let me ask you a question; you've expressed a very clear preference for the "Headpat" counter, which is utterly useless information, so why do you care about that useless information? Can you consider that perhaps, just perhaps, some people might like having information that other people consider utterly pointless?

Then make a mod yourself, if you want it so badly.
I don't want it. Never said I did. I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion, since I've never once expressed that desire. It's almost like you're not reading what I've written, which is ironic.
I'm telling you that other people want it, because they expressed that preference, and then you either misunderstood, or intentionally misrepresented, their comments.

Reactions: Wisblade

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
Time as in a matter of minutes, it doesn't take that long. Nothing is harder to collect, it is all there and ready to be read at the player's request, AKA clicking the correct option to display the desired piece of information. I'm aware of that line about easy for developer vs easy for user, but I am on the user side of that line and it is just as easy for me as it is for Runey.
Again, YOU DIDN'T FULLY READ WHAT I WROTE. As I said, go check ALL locations for ALL girls to see if there is a new scene (or if you didn't missed one), which is something that I need to do on EACH update TWICE (begin & end of new content). It's not "a matter of minutes", you're way too focused on the girl's doors. Corvus Belli explained it too, maybe his english is easier to understand for you? I can accept criticism about my writing style, but when you reply on elements that I clearly put as unimportant/minor and forget the main thing, it's quite tiring and hopeless, you know... :cry:

I see, it isn't that I didn't get the analogy, more like I didn't even realize it was supposed to be an analogy, my fault on that. I am a developer myself, just not for public use and not on this game.
When I say that you read only what you want to read to keep your conceptions unchanged... I'll quote myself, then:
What I try to explain you, and I hope you'll understand the analogy:
And you didn't realized it was an analogy, really? :FacePalm: Seriously, dude, please do a little effort...

Yes, it is fine as is. If you're looking for something that falls into the three clicks rule, sandbox VN is not the genre you want. I DID try the mod with older versions, in fact, I just came off of a modded 0.12.4 and saw no benefit of adapting anything the mod added to the core game systems. I'm not telling you I think it's useless, I'm telling you that it technically IS useless. It is fun to mess around with for things like quickly swapping the sanctuary routes without playing the game over from the start, but it provides nothing that the game doesn't provide already except MAYBE restoring the content for one removed character and that in itself does not qualify as useful.
Again, you're focused on the cheats, the added content and the "walkthrough" - which isn't one, since there is no real choices / problems apart that you shouldn't spank girls too much - which is quite obvious for anybody with a working brain.

Restored content was fun, but not needed. Cheats are usefull, but apart the Sanctuary route (ONE ONLY swap per update, at the end, to see the Slave content), nothing that - or UnRen - can't help with. Walkthrough was so minimalistic that it could have been missing, it wouldn't had made a single difference. Everything valuable was purely in the UI.
Stop telling me that "sandbox VN aren't for you", when it's an UI design question and not a gameplay question - neither a scenario, story, or anything else: ONLY UI.

Clearly, in particular in 0.12.4 when you didn't even have the day change icons, it was MORE than useful - what is currently added to day change screen IS what I want, so it isn't an "useless idea", but it SHOULD be present directly in the "Info" panel instead of only at day change screen - and without having to hover anything, there is enough space on a 1080p screen to display that! If you didn't see anything useful, then you didn't tried the mod - probably only looking on the main panel every now and then while playing like you're used to - the important word is "USED TO", and that doesn't mean "PERFECT". You probably didn't used the side girls panel, or the events panel - or you didn't want to see how it could be used for getting all content and be SURE that you got all content.

Technically, a graphical UI (or operating system) is useless... Why are you wanting one, instead of a text interface?
Technically, a mouse is useless... Why are you using one, instead of using keyboard and an awful amount of shortcuts?
Technically, a real text editor is useless... Why are you using one, since you have VI/Notepad? (Troll bait: why using even VI, when you can have "cat+grep+sed+more"? :devilish:)
Technically, a fast internet connection is useless... Why are you wanting one, when only having a connection is really important?
The answer is always "it's easier and more comfortable, of course!". And that's exactly what I'm saying: NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. If an UI can be made prettier, easier, more complete, save time, etc. then it's obviously perfectible. I also don't propose an impossible thing (I don't ask for 360° animations for girls, for example, or for a fully voiced game, or for a shitload of fetish to implement with each girl), I propose something that was proven as possible, since it was already DONE, and even more important, something that would have NO IMPACT on game or story - that's definitively not a "fap accelerator", an insane gallery or similar "fast content mod", but clearly a tool for people who want to explore the WHOLE GAME.
Forcing people to go everywhere during half an hour isn't a good way to add lifetime to a game. It's as pointless as adding a 30 seconds cooldown between each click.

BTW, the three-clicks rules can be (and in fact IS) implemented in several sandbox games - and not only sandbox games, BTW... Most of them implement full location jumplists, full protagonists information panels, etc. and not partial ones. And yes, some are worse than anything I could have said here. Why absolutely want to level down, instead of level up?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Corvus Belli

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Again, YOU DIDN'T FULLY READ WHAT I WROTE. As I said, go check ALL locations for ALL girls to see if there is a new scene (or if you didn't missed one), which is something that I need to do on EACH update TWICE (begin & end of new content). It's not "a matter of minutes", you're way too focused on the girl's doors. Corvus Belli explained it too, maybe his english is easier to understand for you? I can accept criticism about my writing style, but when you reply on elements that I clearly put as unimportant/minor and forget the main thing, it's quite tiring and hopeless, you know... :cry:

When I say that you read only what you want to read to keep your conceptions unchanged... I'll quote myself, then:

And you didn't realized it was an analogy, really? :FacePalm: Seriously, dude, please do a little effort...

Again, you're focused on the cheats, the added content and the "walkthrough" - which isn't one, since there is no real choices / problems apart that you shouldn't spank girls too much - which is quite obvious for anybody with a working brain.

Restored content was fun, but not needed. Cheats are usefull, but apart the Sanctuary route (ONE ONLY swap per update, at the end, to see the Slave content), nothing that - or UnRen - can't help with. Walkthrough was so minimalistic that it could have been missing, it wouldn't had made a single difference. Everything valuable was purely in the UI.
Stop telling me that "sandbox VN aren't for you", when it's an UI design question and not a gameplay question - neither a scenario, story, or anything else: ONLY UI.

Clearly, in particular in 0.12.4 when you didn't even have the day change icons, it was MORE than useful - what is currently added to day change screen IS what I want, so it isn't an "useless idea", but it SHOULD be present directly in the "Info" panel instead of only at day change screen - and without having to hover anything, there is enough space on a 1080p screen to display that! If you didn't see anything useful, then you didn't tried the mod - probably only looking on the main panel every now and then while playing like you're used to - the important word is "USED TO", and that doesn't mean "PERFECT". You probably didn't used the side girls panel, or the events panel - or you didn't want to see how it could be used for getting all content and be SURE that you got all content.

Technically, a graphical UI (or operating system) is useless... Why are you wanting one, instead of a text interface?
Technically, a mouse is useless... Why are you using one, instead of using keyboard and an awful amount of shortcuts?
Technically, a real text editor is useless... Why are you using one, since you have VI/Notepad? (Troll bait: why using even VI, when you can have "cat+grep+sed+more"? :devilish:)
Technically, a fast internet connection is useless... Why are you wanting one, when only having a connection is really important?
The answer is always "it's easier and more comfortable, of course!". And that's exactly what I'm saying: NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. If an UI can be made prettier, easier, more complete, save time, etc. then it's obviously perfectible. I also don't propose an impossible thing (I don't ask for 360° animations for girls, for example, or for a fully voiced game, or for a shitload of fetish to implement with each girl), I propose something that was proven as possible, since it was already DONE, and even more important, something that would have NO IMPACT on game or story - that's definitively not a "fap accelerator", an insane gallery or similar "fast content mod", but clearly a tool for people who want to explore the WHOLE GAME.
Forcing people to go everywhere during half an hour isn't a good way to add lifetime to a game. It's as pointless as adding a 30 seconds cooldown between each click.

BTW, the three-clicks rules can be (and in fact IS) implemented in several sandbox games - and not only sandbox games, BTW... Most of them implement full location jumplists, full protagonists information panels, etc. and not partial ones. And yes, some are worse than anything I could have said here. Why absolutely want to level down, instead of level up?

I thought you were done and I was prepared to leave it as it was, but I guess I was mistaken.

I read everything you wrote. As of 0.14, it isn't even necessary to check locations for main girls, they have an icon on the transition screen between days that now even has a number to indicate how many days are left before an event is ready, and the side girls are trivial at best. It is a matter of minutes, the only exception is when there is an event ready, in which case you add in the time it takes to go through the event, which I did not count because it is not time spent trying to find an event. I have no problems with your English or Corvus's English, I simply see no point in doing as you say because the information is already in the game.

I'm focused on the cheats because those are the only useful part of the mod that doesn't already exist in the game, with potential exception to restoring content that was stripped from the game, and even some of the cheats are in the game if you know the codes. You're right, any restored content it had was fun, but entirely unnecessary, as is every other part of the mod. You said it yourself Unren and save editors do what the mod can. The UI was nice, but also unnecessary. The thing about sandbox VNs is that they typically share a similar UI concept, not always, but usually. If you don't like the UI in Harem Hotel, that means you also won't like many other sandbox VNs. Even in 0.12.4, the only thing I ever used the mod for was to quick swap sanctuary routes or do things the game couldn't. The day change info is fine where it is, which is somewhere no player will miss because they have to go through it. It isn't about space, that was never a concern in my argument against the idea, it is about not needing to move the information. It is more unnecessary work for Runey, which takes some time away from content development. I DID try the mod, but I found nothing useful in it except some of the cheats. To be sure I have all the content, all I have to do is look at the in game info panel at the top right of the game's UI.

The UI is comfortable as it is, from my USER point of view. There's really no time to save, the only way to play the game in less time than it already takes is to skip all text and to cheat the stats all the way up so that you are entirely maxed out, including friendship, which is known to break saves if cheated. Then again, that's not actually playing, that's skipping the game for whatever you have left after, a fap accelerator if you will. Everything is perfectible, nothing made by human hands is perfect nor will it ever be because our imperfection is part of being human. I didn't say it was impossible, just that it is an unnecessary waste of valuable development time.

There is nothing forcing anyone to go everywhere. Look at the bottom right on the new day screen, then go to the room of the girl of your choice with a fully colored icon on the new day screen, simple.

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
I thought you were done and I was prepared to leave it as it was, but I guess I was mistaken.
And since you don't even WANT to see things from the other side, there is no need to continue - seriously, dude, I would never thought that you were so stubborn and narrow-minded, I simply can't explain it better since already THREE people detailled the problem and even gave examples... :cautious:

No, you didn't tried the mod. At all. You used only the cheats, which is precisely something I was explaining as irrelevant regarding the main advantage it provides. I'm showing you a GPS, and you're telling me that you're fine with a paper map, a compass and a sextant and - worse - than GPS is useless and don't save time... :FacePalm: What's next, we'll go back to punch cards for programming computers?

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
And since you don't even WANT to see things from the other side, there is no need to continue - seriously, dude, I would never thought that you were so stubborn and narrow-minded, I simply can't explain it better since already THREE people detailled the problem and even gave examples... :cautious:
Come on man, there is no 'other side', only different opinions. The game is the way Runey wants it to be, he's reading our posts and maybe picks up a few things here and there he's happy to include/change. I don't think going on and on about it helps. :)

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
Come on man, there is no 'other side', only different opinions.
Probably a gallicism or cultural difference, here.

"Other side" in a conversation isn't a polarized expression in French. It's not like two sides/opponents of a war or a fight. It means "looking from the other side of the window" - i.e. being able to see the problem with someone's else point of view, without being forced to accept it nor to be convinced, but simply LISTENING to other's arguments from THEIR point of view.

Reactions: Corvus Belli
4.70 star(s) 449 Votes