vb6698

Sep 9, 2019
To be honest, i am just here for more Kate update.

i know all the other girls are amazing,but i need more K-point.

anyone with me?

Reactions: Runey

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Huh? What? No.
That was your argument. That a lack of events in (for instance) the laundry room is part of what forces players to spread their interest around.

Events (sexual or otherwise) in otherwise unused locales won't affect gameplay at all. The only thing that allows players to focus are un-integrated paths, and HH doesn't have those. You have to advance everyone. Being able to watch Maria masturbate in the hot springs (logical) rather than the vestibule (illogical) doesn't have any effect on my interest in Autumn.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That was your argument. That a lack of events in (for instance) the laundry room is part of what forces players to spread their interest around.

Events (sexual or otherwise) in otherwise unused locales won't affect gameplay at all. The only thing that allows players to focus are un-integrated paths, and HH doesn't have those. You have to advance everyone. Being able to watch Maria masturbate in the hot springs (logical) rather than the vestibule (illogical) doesn't have any effect on my interest in Autumn.
Your last post didn't make a lot of sense, no offense, something about Maria and Ashley in the laundry room? I think I got the gist, but that was mostly from the context of your other posts.

The paths are 'un-integrated' enough that people come in here whining about when they finally do get stuck at some point pretty frequently, so some encouragement is clearly needed for some people...

I agree with you that it would be nice to get more events in some of the mostly unused locations, but I don't see the game 'suffering' because of the lack of them. If you have suggestions for such events, Runey is almost always willing to listen, as long as said event isn't something that goes against something he had in mind, or just doesn't work for him (or is pro-Juliet, lol).

My best advice is to make a list of ideas for things like that that you would want to see (like the Maria masturbating one), and not only give Runey some ideas, you might spark a productive discussion.

Reactions: c3p0

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 2.54.29 AM.png
It doesn't make sense, I agree, but it's not me who doesn't make sense. This is an arbitrary mechanic. Which is fine, as tons of games have them and they usually work well, as they do here. But it's not logical, it's just arbitrary.

There aren't events in the laundry room because it only existed for the (three) events that required it. It's otherwise useless. Why are the hot springs there? To host the...15 or so?...events that happen there. But actual hot springs would be populated nonstop. As would the bar. As would the garden.

Love of Magic has an alley. It's used twice: once in a crucial early-game scene, and once later. The rest of the time it's just there. Let's not even talk about the offices, which are used once in a compelled scene and then never again. That's true for the laundry room in HH, and mostly true for the garden (which I expect won't be true in the future) and the hot springs. This is a flaw in sandbox games. Not a fatal one, but a flaw. If you're giving me a location, use it.

Does the inability to have a scene in the garden encourage me to spread my affections around, which was Runey's defense of the mechanic? I truly can't see why. I spread my affections around because it's a harem game and I want the harem. Not because I was cockblocked while trying to dry my whites.

Last edited:

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
People claiming that Harem Hotel is too complicated is pretty hysterical. Someone even asking for a walk through mod.

Here let me make a walk through mod right now.

There is only 1 clue you will ever need. It will apply every time.

Advance with the other girls.

End of walk through.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
My best advice is to make a list of ideas for things like that that you would want to see (like the Maria masturbating one), and not only give Runey some ideas, you might spark a productive discussion.
For god's sake, I went into excruciating detail about how this particular process could be improved, and then stopped because haranguing Runey about this was irritating even me. I'm not repeating it. I've said what I wanted to say. Stop white knighting and listen, will you?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 1565000
It doesn't make sense, I agree, but it's not me who doesn't make sense. This is an arbitrary mechanic. Which is fine, as tons of games have them and they usually work well, as they do here. But it's not logical, it's just arbitrary.

There aren't events in the laundry room because it only existed for the (three) events that required it. It's otherwise useless. Why are the hot springs there? To host the...15 or so?...events that happen there. But actual hot springs would be populated nonstop. As would the bar. As would the garden.

Love of Magic has an alley. It's used twice: once in a crucial early-game scene, and once later. The rest of the time it's just there. Let's not even talk about the offices, which are used once in a compelled scene and then never again. That's true for the laundry room in HH, and mostly true for the garden (which I expect won't be true in the future) and the hot springs. This is a flaw in sandbox games. Not a fatal one, but a flaw. If you're giving me a location, use it.

Does the inability to have a scene in the garden encourage me to spread my affections around, which was Runey's defense of the mechanic? I truly can't see why. I spread my affections around because it's a harem game and I want the harem. Not because I was cockblocked while trying to dry my whites.
The garden was literally just added, now it has a couple story events and the new date mechanic. The hotspring has a number of story events, you can invite girls there, and the new date mechanic. Even the laundry room is used, just not a lot.

Like I said before, if you want events there, make some suggestions rather than beating a dead horse. Repeating non-sequiturs doesn't help anything, and not everyone plays the same way, we have people who are only here for one girl, and some of them were encouraged to play with the others and learned to like them. It doesn't always work, but

Reactions: rKnight

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Any other games that are similar in quality to this one? I'm basically all out of content. Preferably in Ren'Py but open to anything!
It depends on what you love about this game. Story-wise, Love of Magic, Deliverance, Mythic Manor.

Quality-wise, give Depraved Awakening and City of Broken Dreamers a shot

Gameolay-wise...I'm afraid you might be out of luck. This is pretty unique.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Like I said before, if you want events there, make some suggestions rather than beating a dead horse. Repeating non-sequiturs doesn't help anything
I've made some. "Don't create locations that will never be used" was one. "Actual people would populate gardens, hot springs, bars, and showers" was another. No horses have been harmed. These are expected criticisms of sandbox games. You like them. I don't. I love this game. You do as well. That doesn't mean it's perfect.

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
Runey bug in 14.1
Just went to buy Bar upgrades brought the surround sounds then went to buy music for it but was $5 short, It teleported me to the second floor which I haven't even built yet. don't know if it's been reported yet.

Also I'm a sad panda I can't spank Lin in the kitchen no more???.
first my favorite Kali scene got removed now my favorite Lin scene! , Bro that hurts!.
(Kali Scene was the exibition sex scene on the table. and I loved spanking Lin with that view)

• Wow
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
For god's sake, I went into excruciating detail about how this particular process could be improved, and then stopped because haranguing Runey about this was irritating even me. I'm not repeating it. I've said what I wanted to say. Stop white knighting and listen, will you?
I have been listening, so far, mostly all I see is you complaining that rarely used rooms annoy you. Now if you want to be helpful, give examples of events, rather than saying things that intentionally make no sense, like the laundry room mattering at all... It is used in the story, so it needs to stay, so if this bothers you so much, how do you want see it used?

You gave a couple examples, and I responded to that with more ideas for it. Since then, you have just been ranting and talking in circles.
I've made some. "Don't create locations that will never be used" was one. "Actual people would populate gardens, hot springs, bars, and showers" was another. No horses have been harmed. These are expected criticisms of sandbox games. You like them. I don't.
There are no locations like that anywhere in the game, every location has been used, and anywhere we can go on our own has several.
Runey bug in 14.1
Just went to buy Bar upgrades brought the surround sounds then went to buy music for it but was $5 short, It teleported me to the second floor which I haven't even built yet. don't know if it's been reported yet.

Also I'm a sad panda I can't spank Lin in the kitchen no more???.
first my favorite Kali scene got removed now my favorite Lin scene! , Bro that hurts!.
(Kali Scene was the exibition sex scene on the table. and I loved spanking Lin with that view)
He said he was going to put the spanking back later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldtoothlessbasterd

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Look, I hate repeating myself so I'm going to make this fairly short.

mostly all I see is you complaining that rarely used rooms annoys you
No. All I said was that a perfect sandbox game (which doesn't exist, and I certainly don't hope for HH to be the "perfect" sandbox game; it's brilliant as it is) would never have an unused room, in any time period. Do I care that HH has unused rooms? Not really. Does it seem weird that especially appealing rooms are so rarely used? Yes.

Now if you want to be helpful, give examples of events
Sex. Conversation. Sex and/or conversation. Do you need me to write them for you?

There are no locations like that anywhere in the game
Events at the pizza shop include:

Events with Autumn at work include:

Last edited:

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
I Think we need a spank and Feel scene with each of the girls, A quick light fingering between each spank!.
been looking for a game where I could put a girl over my knee and give her a spank and feel as punishment,
( a Little pleasure with some pain)
Yet to find a game with it, would love to see a scene like that added to HH, would make my dreams come true!.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Runey and TheDevian

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Just f'rex: right this very moment, in my very odd playthrough, I have zero story-advancing options (this will change after I sleep). I can go have fun with Ellen, I cqn invite people to the dungeon, and I can do stat-building things with absolutely everyone who's actually in the hotel. I can also visit other characters in their remote locations.

But I've already done all of those things. Every single choice would be repeating something. Wouldn't visiting the hot springs and discovering X and a randomly generated scene be fun? I think it would. Wouldn't having a drink at the bar and ending up in bed with Y be fun? Yeah, I think so.

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
Jan82
Not unless you want to skip them!. It usually asks if you want to avoid a scene.
Not really many avoidable scenes though just fetish stuff,
Everything is viewable and easily findable with out a mod or walk through.

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
^ Yeah my bad forgot about that lol.
I usually max out my girls stats before going with the story!.
But it does give you an indication you will miss a scene by having those in a different txt color if your stats aint high enough if IRC.

Reactions: Segnbora
4.70 star(s) 449 Votes