Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
Error with version 0.14.1, saves don't works with your files

"Error from "traceback":
(using Windows 11)

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/kali_events.rpy", line 1041, in script
return
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/scripts/kali_events.rpy', 1634612522, 1662).

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/kali_events.rpy", line 1041, in script
return
File "D:\Jeux\Harem_Hotel-v0.14.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1505, in execute
next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
File "D:\Jeux\Harem_Hotel-v0.14.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 680, in lookup_return
raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/scripts/kali_events.rpy', 1634612522, 1662).

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.14.1
Tue Mar 15 19:50:28 2022""

I can't play with my saves unfortunately

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Error with version 0.14.1, saves don't works with your files

"Error from "traceback":
(using Windows 11)

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
Were you using mods? I recall a previous post where it was mentioned that version changes with mods can break saves - you'd need to update your mods or roll to a new game.

Reactions: TheDevian

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Who is the character related to inc3st content?
Still waiting for inc4st content...

If you are talking about incest then then there are some twin sisters.
One of your other LI has a sister too.

And if I want to be hopeful.... MC has a sister too but she is only mentioned and not ingame.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I believe it was two weeks. I've always felt bad for Lin in this game, going from master to master, not knowing if the next one is going to be a douche or a knight. Luckily she's had a couple of good ones before the MC came along.

That flashback interlude she had with the MC at the overnight vacation house, when I first played this game, definitely got me emotional, but back on topic, when it comes to slaves, finding Ms. Ren at this point is one of the most important things in this game to me. Don't know what kind of shape she's going to be in, but hopefully her reconnecting with Ash will be a good reunion.
I wouldn't get my hope up... we know that Ms. Ren is important for Ash but I'm pretty sure she has been through hell and back...

I just don't want Ashley to be disappointed...
I think she has certain hopes and dreams how their reunion will go but I don't think that will happen.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I wouldn't get my hope up... we know that Ms. Ren is important for Ash but I'm pretty sure she has been through hell and back...

I think she has certain hopes and dreams how their reunion will go but I don't think that will happen.
Same here, I don't think it will end well in the sense Ashley is hoping for. We may find her completely unharmed, which would mean it did end well in the sense that she was found still alive at least, but it may not be like Ashley hopes it will be. She could be some criminal mastermind behind an Elven underground operation, she could be completely broken beyond any sense of sanity, just hoping for the next guy to come around for some fun, she may be terminally ill and we may find her only in time for one final goodbye. There are many ways this could go and most of them aren't pleasant to think about to say the least.

Still, I am holding onto that slim hope that she will be alive and well and that the reunion will be happy and not the last we see of her.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Same here, I don't think it will end well in the sense Ashley is hoping for. We may find her completely unharmed, which would mean it did end well in the sense that she was found still alive at least, but it may not be like Ashley hopes it will be. She could be some criminal mastermind behind an Elven underground operation, she could be completely broken beyond any sense of sanity, just hoping for the next guy to come around for some fun, she may be terminally ill and we may find her only in time for one final goodbye. There are many ways this could go and most of them aren't pleasant to think about to say the least.

Still, I am holding onto that slim hope that she will be alive and well and that the reunion will be happy and not the last we see of her.
I hope that too....

Harem Hotel needs some "happy" right now... the whole game feels kinda depressing now... The stuff with Android is dystopian as hell... Lins fight for elven independence... Marias story.... Kalis father is doing shady stuff... Autumns possible accession in the ranks of her church... and of course Ashleys search for her "mother" to name some from the top of my head...

I really like Runeys writing and his story but I think he should give the MC and his girls a bit of a breather, even if it's a short one.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

I don't think that Runey is into sad endings, middles sure, but not endings.

While I agree that I doubt that the reunion will go the way that Ashley thinks, at best, seeing her will trigger feelings of shame, I do think that there will be a happy ending. I figure we will need to jump through hoops to find her, do something shady to get her back, and then help her get over whatever she has been having to do (rehab or whatever), and only then can we finally have a mostly happy Ren again. Something similar to Jinny's arc.

I mean, let's be honest, even when she was with Ashley's place, she was abused, kept in a naked apron, and so on. She will need a lot of TLC.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I hope that too....

Harem Hotel needs some "happy" right now... the whole game feels kinda depressing now... The stuff with Android is dystopian as hell... Lins fight for elven independence... Marias story.... Kalis father is doing shady stuff... Autumns possible accession in the ranks of her church... and of course Ashleys search for her "mother" to name some from the top of my head...

I really like Runeys writing and his story but I think he should give the MC and his girls a bit of a breather, even if it's a short one.
It does feel that way, but there is nearly always a light at the end of the tunnel. We are in the tunnel now and where there is no light we are making it. Every little thing we do, whether that's freeing Elves from a bad place or supporting Elves in need like Maria, making slavers' and slave owners' lives more difficult, hounding the people in power for change, or even just trying to reunite those who have lost each other, like Ashley and Ren, all of it adds up into something big, a just cause that will shake Syl'anar to its very core and make some VERY big and VERY necessary changes.

I don't think there is room for a breather, there is much work to be done to make Syl'anar better for everyone, whether they are human, elf, or fairy. These things take a long time to produce results, even if we were to go a much more drastic and violent path, and who knows what lies in store that may make things more of a race against time, especially things like those bots Kali's father is making.

I don't think that Runey is into sad endings, middles sure, but not endings.

While I agree that I doubt that the reunion will go the way that Ashley thinks, at best, seeing her will trigger feelings of shame, I do think that there will be a happy ending. I figure we will need to jump through hoops to find her, do something shady to get her back, and then help her get over whatever she has been having to do (rehab or whatever), and only then can we finally have a mostly happy Ren again. Something similar to Jinny's arc.

I mean, let's be honest, even when she was with Ashley's place, she was abused, kept in a naked apron, and so on. She will need a lot of TLC.
Agreed, assuming she does come into our care, Ren is going to need a lot of it regardless of circumstances. There's no telling how bad she's had life since she was separated from Ashley until she herself reveals it to us and that's if she has the courage and the strength to relive the trauma of her past.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
It does feel that way, but there is nearly always a light at the end of the tunnel. We are in the tunnel now and where there is no light we are making it. Every little thing we do, whether that's freeing Elves from a bad place or supporting Elves in need like Maria, making slavers' and slave owners' lives more difficult, hounding the people in power for change, or even just trying to reunite those who have lost each other, like Ashley and Ren, all of it adds up into something big, a just cause that will shake Syl'anar to its very core and make some VERY big and VERY necessary changes.

I don't think there is room for a breather, there is much work to be done to make Syl'anar better for everyone, whether they are human, elf, or fairy. These things take a long time to produce results, even if we were to go a much more drastic and violent path, and who knows what lies in store that may make things more of a race against time, especially things like those bots Kali's father is making.
Yeah you are right. Though I still think a breather would be nice...

As a side note... don't go to the light at the end of the tunnel... that's a trap....

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Agreed, assuming she does come into our care, Ren is going to need a lot of it regardless of circumstances. There's no telling how bad she's had life since she was separated from Ashley until she herself reveals it to us and that's if she has the courage and the strength to relive the trauma of her past.
Yeah, I mean, if living with Ashley's dad is one of the highlights of your recent life, you know it's bad.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Lord Ashram

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not sure this is related to your mod.

I just had it with a BJ scnen with android in the kitchen.

Side note... you really need your own thread for the mod, so the main nthread isn't cluttered with stuff like this. :D

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Come now everyone, we all know that Runey has been keeping that last room open for Ren.

And TheDevian? Both! at the same time.
Someone let Runey know what REALLY needs working on!

Then again, maybe Ren has been quietly building up an elf underground by grabbing up elves that have seemingly fallen into the cracks in the system... hmm... the logistics of that make it unlikely though... feeding, housing and keeping them safe/away from the system would be a massive undertaking, and from what I've seen of Mrs. Ren from Ashley's recalling, she seems to have been in the sorta "I'm in the system, being sent wherever by the government, let's make the best of a bad situation and find something positive (Ashley in this case) to help with" mentality.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Come now everyone, we all know that Runey has been keeping that last room open for Ren.

Then again, maybe Ren has been quietly building up an elf underground by grabbing up elves that have seemingly fallen into the cracks in the system... hmm... the logistics of that make it unlikely though... feeding, housing and keeping them safe/away from the system would be a massive undertaking, and from what I've seen of Mrs. Ren from Ashley's recalling, she seems to have been in the sorta "I'm in the system, being sent wherever by the government, let's make the best of a bad situation and find something positive (Ashley in this case) to help with" mentality.
Depending on how things go, the mafia could be less bad than some of the other jobs they had to do. lol
I could see that.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

Mentalities can change with an extreme enough situation, so that "make the best of it" mentality may have been a side of Ren that no longer exists. We have no idea how her life after Ashley left has affected her.

Depending on how things go, the mafia could be less bad than some of the other jobs they had to do. lol
I could see that.
An Elven mafia is exactly what I was hinting at earlier. We know for a fact there are cells of Elves underground, this much was revealed through Nia, but we don't know if such a vast underground organization the likes of which do exist in the real world exists in Syl'anar. It would be an extreme undertaking to be sure, but so is the real thing, there's no way the real thing isn't. The strange part is how this Elven mafia would actually be the good guys, from our anti-slave perspective, given how the real world equivalents are very much evil entities themselves.

DougsLeftNut

Nov 13, 2017

Ren in the sanctury. The last room is for little sister.

• Thinking Face
4.70 star(s) 452 Votes