heliosine

Jan 18, 2020
I'm on Linux, and I'm running into an issue with performance warnings. It says "Performance Warning - This computer is using software rendering. Its graphics drivers may be out of date or not operating correctly. This can lead to slow or incorrect graphics display." Unsurprisingly, the game runs really choppy when this happens.

Although 3D acceleration worked fine the first time I booted the game, subsequent attempts have been spotty. I got it work fine once (I didn't do anything special, simply launched from terminal), but since then, no luck. I have a GTX 970 and its drivers are updated. I've tried using shift+g and forcing OpenGL rendering but the warning still occurs. Anyone have any ideas? I'm new to using Ren'py so I don't know much about troubleshooting it yet.

Postscript: in the log file, it detects my renderer as "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2" and near the end of the file it states
"Using gl renderer.
Texture testing:
- Hardware max texture size: 16384
- Incorrect pixel color in 64px texture: (2, 2, 2)
Textures are not rendering properly.
Total time until interface ready: 9.76474905014s"

Not sure if that helps or not.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I'm on Linux, and I'm running into an issue with performance warnings. It says "Performance Warning - This computer is using software rendering. Its graphics drivers may be out of date or not operating correctly. This can lead to slow or incorrect graphics display." Unsurprisingly, the game runs really choppy when this happens.

Although 3D acceleration worked fine the first time I booted the game, subsequent attempts have been spotty. I got it work fine once (I didn't do anything special, simply launched from terminal), but since then, no luck. I have a GTX 970 and its drivers are updated. I've tried using shift+g and forcing OpenGL rendering but the warning still occurs. Anyone have any ideas? I'm new to using Ren'py so I don't know much about troubleshooting it yet.

Postscript: in the log file, it detects my renderer as "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2" and near the end of the file it states
"Using gl renderer.
Texture testing:

Aren't NVidia and any Linux mortal enemies to begin with?
I thought you only have shitty NVidia drivers on Linux.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
will we finally be able to bang the red head in this update? forgot her name :(
Autumn, and depending on what you mean by 'bang', no, as has been said many times, vaginal sex will be last for her. Odds are we will get new activities with her, but we will not be fucking her in the puss. Ass maybe, but that will probably be a bit yet too.

• Sad
Reactions: lewdking114

heliosine

Jan 18, 2020
Aren't NVidia and any Linux mortal enemies to begin with?
I thought you only have shitty NVidia drivers on Linux.

Yeaaaaa, this wasn't originally a Linux machine, rather a Windows 7 one, lol. My next build will be AMD since I'm sticking with Linux.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

"Using gl renderer.
Texture testing:

This error doesn't seem to have anything to do with Harem Hotel, this seems to be an issue your computer is having.

Reactions: heliosine

heliosine

Jan 18, 2020
This error doesn't seem to have anything to do with Harem Hotel, this seems to be an issue your computer is having.
I was afraid of that. I'll have to try and figure out if I can work around this somehow. I really hope I can because I love the game so far!

• Thinking Face

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I was afraid of that. I'll have to try and figure out if I can work around this somehow. I really hope I can because I love the game so far!
Normally, I would suggest updating your drivers, though I am not sure how safe that is right now with the hack...
You almost might want to look into whatever Linux uses for codecs, maybe there is something like the K-Lite pack for them.

But one way or another, it seems as if your video card is not set up correctly, though I am far from an expert on Linux.

heliosine

Jan 18, 2020
Normally, I would suggest updating your drivers, though I am not sure how safe that is right now with the hack...
You almost might want to look into whatever Linux uses for codecs, maybe there is something like the K-Lite pack for them.

But one way or another, it seems as if your video card is not set up correctly, though I am far from an expert on Linux.
Will do, thanks for the tip. After some fiddling around, I've noticed that sometimes upon restarting the computer, the game will run smoothly and there will be no performance warnings. But if I close the game and re-launch, the warning appears. This last reboot, I got the warning regardless. So if anyone else is having this sort of issue, try restarting the computer as a temporary workaround. :LOL:

• Thinking Face

Draco0

Apr 20, 2020
Unofficial Android Port for :

Harem Hotel [v0.14.1 Public] [Runey]

Download

Download [Apk+Obb]

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

if you liked my work, support on Patreon.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.
Could you re-upload please, the link is dead, thanks in advance

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Are you guys using a VPN? Maybe try changing locations.
No I don't have a VPN atm but I don't need the file to begin with.
I have it but I don't use it. Playing HH on the phone kinda sucks plus i really like the Lain/Ashram mod and there is no port with that.
Also... If I'd really like to play it on my phone then well JoiPlay works just fine.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No I don't have a VPN atm but I don't need the file to begin with.
I have it but I don't use it. Playing HH on the phone kinda sucks plus i really like the Lain/Ashram mod and there is no port with that.
Also... If I'd really like to play it on my phone then well JoiPlay works just fine.
I just tried it again, and it just gave me the bandwidth exceeded error. That is so weird.

Yeah, no way I could ever play a game like this on a phone. I don't know how anyone could do it, if you have any other option. lol

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes