shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
A schedule system is already in the game, but I understand what you mean by a calendar. You can click on each character's door to figure out where they are. The amount of clicks it requires to figure out where a character is in game right now would be close to the same if it were done with UI. I think it feels better not being stuck in UI and having the feeling of traveling the hotel. The only advantage I could see this having is telling you when a character will be unavailable in the future, at which point you will have probably forgotten and clicked their door anyway only to be told they're not there.
I'm still learning coding and I haven't looked at HH's at all, but could you use the chibi icons from the loading screen, make them a tad smaller and add them next to the navigation when selecting a place to go? So if I select the door and it pulls up the lobby / 2nd / 3rd floor - the characters in those locations would be listed?

Would circumvent the requirement of having a separate menu since it'd be piggy backing on what already exists.

Note: I'm not asking if you will, just if it's possible. Perhaps in my free time I might tinker and try it myself to get some coding practice in.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I hope you can get the opportunity to buy Serni at some point Like they say, i gonna catch em all!
I just don't like the idea of calling her 'Cave'. Sylvia made that seem really derogatory. But then, with her it is hard to tell, since she makes most things sound derogatory.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I just don't like the idea of calling her 'Cave'. Sylvia made that seem really derogatory. But then, with her it is hard to tell, since she makes most things sound derogatory.
Eh, see, I'm an asshole, so I don't care if it's derogatory or not. I do, however, think insulting anything that can overpower, crush, and rip the head off a fucking terminator is a bad idea, so I support not calling her "Cave".

Jul 12, 2020
I haven't played this game in over 2 years now. I remember enjoying it quite a bit. But the updates seem like its not much. Is it worth playing through again?

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I haven't played this game in over 2 years now. I remember enjoying it quite a bit. But the updates seem like its not much. Is it worth playing through again?
Yes. Yes it is worth playing.

As for the lack of updates, consider the fact that you aren't getting one or two story updates, you're getting updates for several characters at once. So it balances it out.

But yeah, the game is worth playing for the story alone.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
That's surprising to hear, if anything I usually hear that I add too much story. Just on a numerical level, these patch notes are bigger than any I typically see, but maybe I'm just not looking in the same places.

But each event is usually around 5 - 30 minutes long as well. Each update is going to last you hours, maybe 3 - 6 hours of raw story content. Which I believe is also bigger than many games around here, but again, maybe I'm just not looking in the same places you are.

TwoSeven13

Sep 24, 2022
I jumped back in about six months ago-ish when a large update dropped, and decided to start completely over, and I'm glad that I did. I think that the large amount of content flows better when you can experience it all from the start again.

Jul 12, 2020
That's surprising to hear, if anything I usually hear that I add too much story. Just on a numerical level, these patch notes are bigger than any I typically see, but maybe I'm just not looking in the same places.

But each event is usually around 5 - 30 minutes long as well. Each update is going to last you hours, maybe 3 - 6 hours of raw story content. Which I believe is also bigger than many games around here, but again, maybe I'm just not looking in the same places you are.
I just meant in terms of number of updates. If there's a lot of new content, that's great. Will check it out. I am used to seeing games get updated frequently even if they is barely anything new. Glad so see a dev who cares more about quality rather than quantity. It will be nice to play this again after a very long time.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I just meant in terms of number of updates. If there's a lot of new content, that's great. Will check it out. I am used to seeing games get updated frequently even if they is barely anything new. Glad so see a dev who cares more about quality rather than quantity. It will be nice to play this again after a very long time.
Oh okay, I see. I typically release weekly builds on patreon for testing (which have been more like every other week during v0.16). Once all the content is done the update is released to everyone, hopefully devoid of bugs and grammar mistakes. Unfortunately this update has taken longer for various reason, but you can typically expect an update every 3 - 4 months.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
This game at v0.15.1 has an average playtime of ~ 46 hours... that's way more than the average AAA game.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes