TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Sidenote, i'm joining Team: Make Violet Canon(Team MVC?).

Cuz she's the cure for the most implausible part of the game. That the MC has the sheer stamina needed to keep a harem this big satisfied and exclusive to him. A lil succubus magic in the form of a spell/blessing/curse explains how the MC can keep up. Heh.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Yes, was hoping the MC would be the one who got to break Sylvia in, pop her cherry, and put her in her place.

Cornwall is now my mortal enemy.
not sure how i feel about the dude. i mean he was kinda an ass at first but after contest event u realize hes not as bad as he could be. in general though if i did hate him its cause he took Sylvia. eh who knows maybe one day he'll offer her to MC (doubt it but forcing myself to hope) all in all this prolly the first game i find a female character get banged by some1 other than MC and i dont like her any less. maybe its cause of her attitude during the contest lol

Reactions: Runey

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
She's used goods now, man. I mean, don't get me wrong. Still worth taking, but she'll never have that new car smell.
lmao, nice. still though i mean is Maria any different? only thing is we didnt see her bang another guy but we all know she did. pretty sure she wasnt "new" during the contest either. but yeah still worth taking lol

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
So I'm guessing it'd be a spoiler, but the last room is going to Juliet probably, right?

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Yeah, but Maria was a slut right out of the starting gate. You knew what you were buying. Sylvia was teased as the stuck up elitist who'd never dare let a filthy human sully her, making the prospect of being the one to get her all the more enticing.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Not sure if I am missing something. We used to get messages letting us know when we got all the new content, right? Not getting such a message but can't find any new events for anyone. Maria refuses to even talk anymore. Lin won the contest. Ashley went around giving everyone what felt like 'goodbye' gifts. Nothing happens when visiting her in school. All traits for all chars(Except autumn's love trait) is gotten. Kuno went to the beach and then discussed her mortality in the sauna. Am I missing anything?

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
seems like everything to me. i did get said message i completed everything. but it was like 3 events before i actually finished.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
If you disregard Ashley, then the Twins join, then you do Ashley's story, it'll make no sense, I agree.

But if I lock the twins behind Ashley's 20th (or something) friendship level, everyone would hate me for locking three characters behind Ashley.
Granted, but it otherwise would require a lot of work writing several versions of all the scenes where they interact with Ash. I mean, in addition to the current one where you first meet them in Ash's story (is it actually even possible to get that far with her before they show up now they're main girls?), you'd also need one where they know you but don't like you, and a version where they are already in love with you. Anything less would mean some really strange scenes. It would be far better to do it that way, but it would be a lot of writing and likely some extra renders too.
Lin doesn't want to be freed, yes. Lin prefers you over anyone else to be her Master, she's finally content with life. Freeing her makes he open to being stolen by anyone. A free Elf is more a slave than an actual slave. If you free her, now she has to watch her back so she doesn't get kidnapped. Just out the world works.
No offence meant, but that's even less plausible than slavery continuing into the 21st century in the first place. It's a total contradiction of what being free even means. It's perfectly believable that Lin would prefer not to be freed for her own reasons without needing such a silly rationalisation to explain it.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
So I'm guessing it'd be a spoiler, but the last room is going to Juliet probably, right?
No, Juliet will always remain a side character.

I have no solid plans for new characters anymore. From v0.1, I knew what characters I wanted to add. Lin, Kali, Ashley, Maria, Android, Felicity & Emma, and Autumn. Now, I need to start thinking about new ones.

I think right now I'm going to take a break from adding new characters until perhaps v0.8

Not sure if I am missing something. We used to get messages letting us know when we got all the new content, right? Not getting such a message but can't find any new events for anyone. Maria refuses to even talk anymore. Lin won the contest. Ashley went around giving everyone what felt like 'goodbye' gifts. Nothing happens when visiting her in school. All traits for all chars(Except autumn's love trait) is gotten. Kuno went to the beach and then discussed her mortality in the sauna. Am I missing anything?
You're playing a leaked, unreleased, buggy version of v0.5 that was meant only for bug testers. v0.5.1 fixed this.

Reactions: waffel

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
No offence meant, but that's even less plausible than slavery continuing into the 21st century in the first place. It's a total contradiction of what being free even means. It's perfectly believable that Lin would prefer not to be freed for her own reasons without needing such a silly rationalisation to explain it.
wasnt Sylvia free up until she was taken? i mean shes kind of living proof that a free elf doesnt mean a safe elf. then again i might be remebering the conditions to her slavery wrong.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Harem Hotel is not in the 21st century. It's not based in reality either.

In our world, people were slaves for various reasons.

In the Harem Hotel world, ELVES are enslaved.

Think about it this way. We keep zoos, we capture animals and put them in cages so we can enjoy ourselves by seeing these crazy exotic creatures.

This is almost exactly what's happening in Harem Hotel. Elves were only found 300 years ago on an undiscovered continent (The one Harem Hotel is based on). People saw these Elves as no more than smart animals. People think they're sexy, so they buy them, and enjoy themselves with them.

So, what happens when you let your cat go outside? If she's not tagged, someone can pick her up, and now your freed cat is theirs. This is even discussed in game. You mention Elves having Humanity to Cornwall, he says "Do you hear yourself? Elves aren't human, thus they have no humanity." Lin says "If I'm freed, that means anyone can pick me up and claim me. They can scan my face, realize I have no owner, and claim me."

A freed slave is a freed human. A freed Elf is a wild animal.

People treat Elves as animals in Harem Hotel. I'm not trying to make bullshit up or come up with excuses, I'm building a lore.

(Disclaimer: I do not endorse slavery. I'm just stating the facts of the game.)

wasnt Sylvia free up until she was taken? i mean shes kind of living proof that a free elf doesnt mean a safe elf. then again i might be remebering the conditions to her slavery wrong.
You can kind of see a hint in game if you pay attention. Sylvia is a one man army in this.

You can see the example of Sylvia as the one I'm pointing at above as well.

Sylvia was free, but now Sylvia is a slave, someone scanned her face, noticed she was not taken, and then someone took her.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Sylvia was free, but now Sylvia is a slave, someone scanned her face, noticed she was not taken, and then someone took her.
The whole thing doesn't seem to phase her much. She just runs away, goes home, gets the courage to try to free elves again and goes back out.

The problem for Elves is honestly that most of them have now been slaves for so long they don't even comprehend what actual freedom is. They think that being free just leads to them being possibly owned by someone worse than the way they have it. None of them desire freedom because none of them remember or understand what that actually means. Sylvia was born free, lived most of her life free and will not be owned if she can help it.

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes