Korok85

Aug 21, 2021
excuse me runey i have problem, when i use my old save in version 12.0 and want to use it in 15.1 version it didn't work, what happen? do anyone one? (I just saw this hotel harem which is already on version 15.1)
Quick question. Did you use a Mod in your old version 12. Like Lanes Mod?
If yes then that is the problem. You would need the mod for the same version you want to play so that the saves work again.
So Runey cant help in that case.
By the way, Lain stopped creating the Mod and as I understood it Lord Ashram keeps it alive now.
https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-hotel-v0-15-1-public-runey.12760/post-7406608

So if you had the mod in v12 you could try if your saves work again if you installe the game in v15 with the Mod for v15.
But that is ony a guess as this topic "My saves dont work anymore" happes really often and in most cases the problem was the modded game.

Reactions: TheDevian

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
excuse me runey i have problem, when i use my old save in version 12.0 and want to use it in 15.1 version it didn't work, what happen? do anyone one? (I just saw this hotel harem which is already on version 15.1)
Uploading the saves here might help Runey find what's wrong

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
About the androïde university hack and every one's reaction. First the MC being self insert every reaction is valid.

One aspect I try to consider when playing the game is that societal norms are different than our owns. That, to me, explain the somewhat mild reaction the class has to their photos being reavealed to everyone. In our world I could see the university stating an investigation to find the culprit with possibly police involvement and media coverage. I find that reaction more telling than the MC's. Honestly for me MC's reaction, was an extension of that litle reflection on social acceptability.
On a personal level, I don't quite remember my emotional response. Thinking about it, how would I have reacted? Photos can be something people treat as verry personal and private regardless of what is happening in them or peoples state of undress. So I guess giving the player a choice of how to react there can only be a good thing. Maybe he could even omit talking about the lewd aspect of the photos if the player decide to scold Androïde. That way the player get what they want I.E. a scolding for sharing without consent while still learning more about the customs of the world.
I was kind of mixed on it, as it was kind of rude, but, on the other hand, I am a huge fan of ENF, so....
I don't think there would be a difference in customs in this case. A room full of ppl seeing your nudes, is still a room full of ppl seeing your nudes. If say the ppl of the city occasionally did a nudie day around town or if the school website has a section where you could post your own nudes, something giving us cultural context that sexy and nudity are more accepted, then i can see the studences not caring to much. But the students did freak out, the whole school knows that those
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And they might not get over that very well.

And for my personal reaction, i've been becoming more sensitive to SA in media, and in a small way thats what this was.(no runey the scene is fine im just discussing the game with somebody, this is in no way a critique.) So my reaction was a little more emotional. But did I have android send those to my computer? of course i did...
In a world where nudity is not seen as a big deal by most people, where it is legal to be naked in public, and even have sex with your elf on the street.

Putting our sensibilities onto it is a mistake.
The only problem I ever have is when there are two events at the same time at either a girl's door or someplace like the hot springs. It would be nice to have some way to tell which event belongs to which girl so we have a choice of which one to do first. In the case of the hot springs, the events usually trigger automatically, but only one will trigger if there are two of them and you have no control over which one it is.
While I was specifically talking about loading an old save to check something, like how to trigger an event someone was asking about and then having to go through 3 days of events triggering left and right before you can do what you are there to do, my mian problem is that I ALWAYS have something I want to do first. Every shift, I run around the hotel, and give all the girls some affection. Everyone, for every shift that they are available (and sometimes I do extras when they are not). It's my OCD routine, and I don't like it when my routine is disrupted. :p I particularly dislike missing the ones for Lin and Android in the kitchen, since it means I am losing potential affection points, and the only way to make that up, is to give her a spanking next time! It's so rude, even if she does like it!
Were you using a mod before?
Have you tried other saves, like one of the auto saves?
Did you get an error message? If so, what did it say?

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
I was kind of mixed on it, as it was kind of rude, but, on the other hand, I am a huge fan of ENF, so....
Don't we know it :p :cool:

Personaly, I am waiting for the public releasse even if I have acces to the prereleasse to restart the game. After all the discution about that event, I can't wait to explore the city to put in into a more understood context. The ENF aspect of the event could get more pronounced and the invasion of privacy one could be toned down simply by puting it in the context of the world.

Tomuch

Jun 19, 2022
wheres the update its been 8 months....
On the first page of this threat is the twitter link for updates.

The update came out 11 days ago for people who paid for "beta testing" and was released 6 days ago for patreon, and from the last tweet: Harem Hotel v0.16 releases to everyone this weekend.

Just click the link on the first page, it is even easier then to write "when update"

RiseFlash

Sep 1, 2020
In a world where nudity is not seen as a big deal by most people, where it is legal to be naked in public, and even have sex with your elf on the street.

Putting our sensibilities onto it is a mistake.
While I was specifically talking about loading an old save to check something, like how to trigger an event someone was asking about and then having to go through 3 days of events triggering left and right before you can do what you are there to do, my mian problem is that I ALWAYS have something I want to do first. Every shift, I run around the hotel, and give all the girls some affection. Everyone, for every shift that they are available (and sometimes I do extras when they are not). It's my OCD routine, and I don't like it when my routine is disrupted. :p I particularly dislike missing the ones for Lin and Android in the kitchen, since it means I am losing potential affection points, and the only way to make that up, is to give her a spanking next time! It's so rude, even if she does like it!

Were you using a mod before?
Have you tried other saves, like one of the auto saves?
Did you get an error message? If so, what did it say?
no i didn't get any eror message but here my save file from old save file i add into new save file version 0.15.1
Screenshot (550).png
and this what i get (first save is the new one i make)
Screenshot (551).png

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
no i didn't get any eror message but here my save file from old save file i add into new save file version 0.15.1
Did you put your save files in the Renpy folder ? Puting your old save files into the new "game/save" folder does nothing, the saves don't carry over new versions unless you put them in the Renpy folder of the game. Though unless you changed your PC recently I don't see why it wouldn't be there in the first place but just in case :

Reactions: RiseFlash

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
wheres the update its been 8 months....
Would it have hurt you to go back just one or two pages to see if there was anything about the release date before posting? For example:

In the tweet on the 18th about the "v0.16 Pre-Release 2", Runey metioned the Public release is only 1 week away.
that would be tomorrow; but we will see.

I am kinda hyped about the release, not in a "i will lose NNN tomorrow, lol" way, but more to see what changed and what the new content will bring.
To be fair, the release may not be for a couple of days because it's a holiday weekend here in the USA.

RiseFlash

Sep 1, 2020
Did you put your save files in the Renpy folder ? Puting your old save files into the new "game/save" folder does nothing, the saves don't carry over new versions unless you put them in the Renpy folder of the game. Though unless you changed your PC recently I don't see why it wouldn't be there in the first place but just in case :
ohh man thank you, because of you i didn't have to restart from the beginning so you have to paste it in appdata. i don't know this because i usually just copy the save at game/saves

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Maybe the developers were on vacation and the vacation went on for a while..
I always take a break after each update, but v0.16 included many hurdles in my personal life. I've had two family health scares, had gotten sick myself, dealt with many more personal issues, and still decided to spend extra time making sure v0.16 was not rushed.

Unfortunately most people here would rather complain than ask simple questions like "How are you?"

Swifthand

Aug 4, 2019
I always take a break after each update, but v0.16 included many hurdles in my personal life. I've had two family health scares, had gotten sick myself, dealt with many more personal issues, and still decided to spend extra time making sure v0.16 was not rushed.

Unfortunately most people here would rather complain than ask simple questions like "How are you?"
That's the nature of it sadly, many tend to forget its still people creating the games. People with their own lives, which include their own set of ups and downs.

I'm glad to hear that the health issues seem to be resolved (going by the tone of your post).

You're doing amazing work, even being here to talk to us is more than many other big creators do, so don't let the people without patience get to you. It's not your fault that they can't keep themselves busy in the meantime

smackdab

Jan 30, 2018

Because most people come here with dick in hand, or the intention of getting there within a fairly short timeframe.

...So how are you?

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes