KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
I know that you are not the original creator of the cheat mod, and that you were kind enough to pick up where they left off, which we do appreciate.
I'm only telling you this so that if it is a problem, perhaps you can locate it and repair it.

Details of what I have seen and observations, with one of the tracebacks.
I had a completely clean install of windows, no save files at all and was starting the game over again from scratch.
Extracted the game.
Installed the mod to the game folder as I always did before I replaced the boot drive.
Everything seemed fine till day 2 in the game while trying to enter Kali's or Lin's room, where the game would crash, with references to clothing items being the issue in both rooms.
Rolling back or ignoring the error did not work. You could not proceed past that point at all.
In Lins case, it was the vine outfit that was mentioned.

Tried a few times, restarting the game, and it crashed in the same places every time.
Finally, deleted the game folder, and re extracted it.
Did not install the mod, and the game ran flawlessly.

My thoughts on it are that something that Runey changed in the earlier part of the game is conflicting with the game mod and causing the crash.
Lin's vine outfit was mentioned in the traceback, but in game, you do not see the vine outfit till later.
If my thoughts are correct, then someone who has been playing the game for a while, with the mod might never experience the crash, because it happens so early in the game.
But, new players who use the cheat mod may well be subject to it, and find themselves having to re extract the game and start over again, and use it without the cheat mod, and likely those people would not trust the cheat mod ever again.

I liked the cheat mod, it had useful feature, but as it stands, I won't be re installing it again any time soon.

Maybe this will help you to see what I was talking about.

File "game/scripts/lin_events.rpy", line 779, in script
call screen linroomout
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3185, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3186, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3186, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3187, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3192, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3193, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3193, in <module>
NameError: name 'ho_lin_vines' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/lin_events.rpy", line 779, in script
call screen linroomout
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3136, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3186, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3186, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3187, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3192, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3193, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3193, in <module>
NameError: name 'ho_lin_vines' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Harem Hotel v0.16
Sun Nov 27 15:41:15 2022
As has been pointed out many times over the past few pages on this thread by Lord Ashram and others, the mod hasn't been updated yet to work with the current v0.16 of the game. He's said he's working on it, but it might be a few days.

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
Aww I'm all out of new content, Just completed a new game on thee love route.
I Guess i better go play the slave route now. Always save the best for last!.
Only bug i encountered on this unmodded play-through was,
During androids Hiatus and she appeared in the hall answering yes Mis Lin as Lin asked her if everything was clean.
(I don't remember which event it was, But android was supposed to be Contemplating her existence?, It will probably be fixed with Androids remake though.)
I can see why some would think there wasn't much done in this update, (as I saw someone say in an earlier post)
as the new content felt short, But damn the amount of work you've put in Runey!!!.
So much of the earlier content is so much better now, I can see where a lot of time and effort went in for this update!.
Will be a much better story once you get around to the remakes of androids story you marked as to be updated!.
Also loving the new explore option hoping more places and events at the places you already have will be released in the future!.
Great to see Sofie again, I think that was her name. Hope her master is not a douch and is looking after her. Although it doesn't seem like he is?, If that's the case maybe we can rescue her?.
Nice work Runey...
I'ma gonna Play da slave routes nows k.

Reactions: TheDevian

celtaylo

Oct 8, 2020
Restarted to check out the new content, and it's great! I ran into one inconsistency though - when I reached Emma and Felicity's final event, I hadn't bought Sylvia yet. So it's a bit odd to have her hanging out and watching TV during that!

Haven't caught up the other characters yet, but the reworked early game events are all great so far and I had a long enough break between this run and the last time I played it that I'd forgotten a bunch of the great stuff from earlier in the game. Really solid, keep it up!

Reactions: HunterSeeker

wsrvnar

Jul 15, 2020
Aww I'm all out of new content, Just completed a new game on thee love route.
I Guess i better go play the slave route now. Always save the best for last!.
Only bug i encountered on this unmodded play-through was,
During androids Hiatus and she appeared in the hall answering yes Mis Lin as Lin asked her if everything was clean.
(I don't remember which event it was, But android was supposed to be Contemplating her existence?, It will probably be fixed with Androids remake though.)

I can see why some would think there wasn't much done in this update, (as I saw someone say in an earlier post)
as the new content felt short, But damn the amount of work you've put in Runey!!!.
So much of the earlier content is so much better now, I can see where a lot of time and effort went in for this update!.
Will be a much better story once you get around to the remakes of androids story you marked as to be updated!.
Also loving the new explore option hoping more places and events at the places you already have will be released in the future!.
Great to see Sofie again, I think that was her name. Hope her master is not a douch and is looking after her. Although it doesn't seem like he is?, If that's the case maybe we can rescue her?.
Nice work Runey...
I'ma gonna Play da slave routes nows k.
The event you mentioned is Nia's last event when MC princess-carry her after she got some hurt in a mission

Reactions: Oldtoothlessbasterd

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Check girls' affection, if theirs low, grind it up
Going back to check, I have the following:

Lin: 27 (obedience)
Kali: 16
Ashley: 21
Maria: 11
Android: 1 (gotta work on that)
Twins are both at 0 since they have only just moved in.

I would think that at least Lin and Ashley would be available for late-night shenanigans.

Edit: As per usual, shortly after posting this, I went out with Ashley, it raised her Affection to 21 (yes, it was 21 before) and she is now available.

Last edited:

DougsLeftNut

Nov 13, 2017
Okay, I know this is petty, and it might have been answered already, but I have a nagging question.

We know that the hotel theoretically has three floors. Lobby is floor one, and then two floors above that.

We also know the bar is on the first floor.

But if you look at the hotel zoom out render (shown during the transition animation after you go to sleep every day), the hotel is shown to have FOUR floors.

So my question, Runey, is what's the fourth floor? Do you have plans for it? Is it just there? Maybe we can stuff it with liberated elves after the sanctuary gets filled up (I'd love to be able to buy/have a quick sex scene with the fast food burger cashier elf and eyepatch elf from the slums:love:, although that's just a irresponsible wish coming from someone who has no clue how hard it is to make a game)

And I know this is a stupid question; it's just been bugging my completionist inner spirit...:unsure:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I recall very early on that there had been talk of adding a third floor as the rooms filled up, but it stalled out around the time that the events started getting longer and Runey decided to not add any further main characters into rooms until he got the twins and Autumn caught up closer to the existing girls and then to the swelling game size.

At this point, I am sort of just expecting it to go unfulfilled until a "Harem Hotel 2" or something, unfortunately.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Aswolfr

Jun 24, 2022
I play, and played a lot with this game over its developement. I see that Runey really put an insane amount of work into this. I really love the worldbuilding parts of this game, and i really curious where the stories will lead us. It turns into an amazing world.
I dont usually have a lot of free time, due to work, but i have a few days now, and since the update dropped, i thought i would grind through it from the beginning since my saves was lost somehow. I probably deleted them accindetally or something, when i threw out stuff from my pc.
So, the beginning of the game is much better. The story is much more consistant.Amazing!
I dont know how others feel with this, but to grind it through from the beginning... man... its tiresome. It would be awesome if we had an option to just jump straight to the new content. Its so tiring to go through everthing that i barely had any patienece and attention for the new stuff. So... i just made a few saves at some of the longer conversations, so that i can read them later. I know i could have searched for a save here, but that felt... i dont know alien to me. I wanted it to be my own, so i guess thats on me. I will be extra careful with the saves from now on, cause i will definetly not go through everything again. Oh and i havent checked it jet but i hope i will be able to read again all the events from the combination of the gallery and my saves cause there was quite a few which i just jumped over. Mostly the events in the middle of the game.
Also, i think it would be awesome if we could get a summary from the mc-s point of view in the future updates. For example as a file on his pc, like it was some sort of diary. Cause... as i said before. Its getting really really long, and it would be cool if i can just get a reminder about what happened up until now. I dont really have a lot of time to go back, and reread events all the time.

Edit: Holy shit... i just noticed there is a wiki, which summarizes stuff quite good. Its awesome. Saves so much time. I feel like an idiot.

Last edited:

RobbidyRob

May 18, 2018
Update Only seems broken, went from 0.15.1 to 0.16 and i'm getting script errors for every room, every character, 90% of interactions

BonkTime

Jan 11, 2021
This is not a go at the creator or anything, I'm just curious. How the fuck do you all download a game this size? Like the Mega app allowed me to do it in chunks so that was fine, and it also gave me a better (Still bad) speed, but like gofile was giving me less than 200Kb/s, how the fuck do you guys manage to download this with that kind of speed. Like I'm not a fan of leaving my PC on overnight, but I can't see how to do it otherwise.

Thexioao

Aug 20, 2021
This is not a go at the creator or anything, I'm just curious. How the fuck do you all download a game this size? Like the Mega app allowed me to do it in chunks so that was fine, and it also gave me a better (Still bad) speed, but like gofile was giving me less than 200Kb/s, how the fuck do you guys manage to download this with that kind of speed. Like I'm not a fan of leaving my PC on overnight, but I can't see how to do it otherwise.
gofile is good

Reactions: TheDevian

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
With patience, and because some of us have been playing this game since it was much smaller, and single digit versions, so we have watched it grow in scope of game size, world growth, and characters/story depth. That kind of reasoning makes downloading something this big worth it's weight in bandwidth.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Just started my second new game with v0.16 last night, I think we can all argee that Harem Hotel had grew big and beautiful. But just like ourselves, growing big mean problems start to be... problems for us and HH.

So, personally, I hope in the v0.17, Runey will take it easy and focus on polishing existing contents instead of trying too hard to create new ones.

Right now, the main problem of HH clearly is events happen illogically, like when Maria and Android unavailable, events with their appearances still can be started or when events with Nia in her black clothes can be started although I had yet to buy her Kit.

To solve those problems, I think Runey need to tighten requirements to trigger events. Like, are all characters appear in "this" event available right now? Can "this" event happen at any time or it need to be Morning or Noon? Can "this" event be delayed or it need to happen ASAP?...

Of course, Runey should add hints like "I should check Hot Spring" or "I need to wait Maria" or "I should come back at Noon" to make sure HH won't become to hard to know what to do next.

This is kind of a strange way to make a bug report, but I release bug patches after each public release, these can be fixed in v0.16.1. Just tell me how to reproduce the error and I can fix them. Otherwise I can't do anything about the stuff you said above.

And, in v0.17, I hope side characters like Jin, Ann, Peni, Cira, Ellen, Moon, Vanessa... will have more activities for them (and us :) ) to do.

BTW, for me, HH won't be completed without a fivesome between MC with Autumn, Hazel and two Saints (Abby and Lily). Man, just think about it, are you hard already? Just kidding...

One more thing, is MC give "shower" to Sylvia a sign that Runey will add more kinky things in HH? I hope we can soon ask Maria to use a strap-on dildo to double-penetrate girls with us, it would be fun!

Sorry about long post and my bad English, just in case.

Side characters like Jin, Ellen, Moon and Vanessa will definitely get more content! But Ann, Peni, and Cira are not side characters. Those are people you saved that you can also fuck. I totally understand wanting story from them, but I have enough on my plate as it is, haha.

Oh c'mon Runey xD
I can't see the new Sylvia scenes cause I picked the love route.
So that part of the update and your work on it never reached my eyes, how sad.
Content released for both routes. I also recommended a fresh save. You could also save before the decision and do both routes.

normally i dont usually ask for help when playing this game but i am stuck so i have no choice: i replay the harem hotel again from beginning and i come to moon event 3 but i dont understand what i am missing or what to do. i tried to reload the previous save but no use. any ideas please?

I can't fix bugs without being able to reproduce them. Please tell me where I can find this bug.

I play, and played a lot with this game over its developement. I see that Runey really put an insane amount of work into this. I really love the worldbuilding parts of this game, and i really curious where the stories will lead us. It turns into an amazing world.
I dont usually have a lot of free time, due to work, but i have a few days now, and since the update dropped, i thought i would grind through it from the beginning since my saves was lost somehow. I probably deleted them accindetally or something, when i threw out stuff from my pc.

So, the beginning of the game is much better. The story is much more consistant.Amazing!
I dont know how others feel with this, but to grind it through from the beginning... man... its tiresome. It would be awesome if we had an option to just jump straight to the new content. Its so tiring to go through everthing that i barely had any patienece and attention for the new stuff.
Reading a story shouldn't feel like grinding anything, so only do what you enjoy. I offer cheat codes that let you skip to the end, and half way to the end.

Update Only seems broken, went from 0.15.1 to 0.16 and i'm getting script errors for every room, every character, 90% of interactions
This would imply that you installed it incorrectly.

I don't offer the game in mega for obvious reasons (it has a 10GB file size limit and HH is 11GB), I don't know why F95 has it.

(Crazy concept, but what if devs controlled their own thread? :eek: This is my job after all )

You can use the itch.io site to download straight off the website with zero limitations.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
By having a normal ISP... if you have to leave your PC on over night just to download 11GBs them... well your ISP sucks.
You can also try different download options like torrent or directly from itch.io .

BonkTime

Jan 11, 2021
By having a normal ISP... if you have to leave your PC on over night just to download 11GBs them... well your ISP sucks.
You can also try different download options like torrent or directly from itch.io .
Sigh, look I'm in Australia, so yeah our internet here sucks, but no, not that badly. If this was say on steam it would be done in an hour. The limiting factor appears to be the server it's downloading it from. Maybe due to being in Aus it's slower than for someone downloading in America?

But yes, I do wish there was a torrent option, obviously somewhat harder to set up, but when it's a choice for these I always take it.

I don't offer the game in mega for obvious reasons (it has a 10GB file size limit and HH is 11GB), I don't know why F95 has it.

(Crazy concept, but what if devs controlled their own thread? :eek: This is my job after all )

You can use the itch.io site to download straight off the website with zero limitations.
Oh hey Runey, as stated I was not trying to make it a dig at you. Was more trying to figure out how tf other people download a file this large. I am thankful for you making this game it's awesome, and I've been around for a while now, but been getting by on updates. Tbh, didn't know that Mega had a 10gb max, that sucks, for while I know a lot of people have problems with it, my experience has been the best with it compared to the others. But yeah, once again, thanks for the awesome game. Looking forward to more Autumn and if you add more for Moon! (But they are all great)

With patience, and because some of us have been playing this game since it was much smaller, and single digit versions, so we have watched it grow in scope of game size, world growth, and characters/story depth. That kind of reasoning makes downloading something this big worth it's weight in bandwidth.
I mean I've been playing for a while, I don't comment often, but this is one of the first games I started following. I agree it's worthwhile, but what I was trying, and apparently failing to check, was does it take this long for others, or is this some sort of Aussie problem where like Gofile had a max download rate of like 160 Kb/s, like my internet isn't great, but it's a shit ton better than that.

gofile is good
So I'd heard, but it's really not being so for me /shrug

Reactions: Runey

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I am still unable to repeat this error, it just doesn't happen. It never has.
It seems only the nightly visits are affected.
All "Let's have some fun" interactions at night happen in nightwear no matter what outfit is selected.
During the day everything seems fine.

Another thing: When selling pictures of Lin's leaf-thingy there is a big chance to get no response and no money. There is a gap between the two conditions.

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes