Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
At current point, i'm think good approach it is make own version (fork) of the mod - throw away "backward compatible saves" and assimilate the best Lain's additions, navigate and play Harem Hotel efficiently incredibly hard if target is only story. So this mod alleviate the painful adventures with checking the text walkthrough, going back to game... back and forth. So what you took - hero work.
This time Runey returned to much earlier stage in its game and seems going continue "outside map" mechanic add here & there... making previous progress invalidated - so trying keep oldier saves, ignoring new mechanic is might be harmful.
No hate to Lain, on the contrary, Lain did some major contributions to a lot of games and I appreciate them a lot for it. However, personally, I'd prefer you stick around, or at the very least, be ready to jump back into it in case Lain disappears again. And also, if the screenshots are to be believed, your mod is a lot more "purist" since Lain's mod adds content unlike yours.
My mod is originally based off of Lain's 0.13 code, I just changed a few things like the Money Cheat, starting you with $6k to lower the grinding for money and added/changed the context of the choices to better help the player make decisions or inform them what needs to be done first.

This mod still has Lain's original side story content from 0.13 but that is still something you can turn off in her Cheat Menu and I won't be added any of her new story content to this mod.

Jul 31, 2018
ok, i have restarted the game and im tryng the new explore caliber city feature. I noticed that the elf slave with the eyepatch is the same of the elf that worked witht he grandfather.......have you simply used the same model or she is the same elf that worked for your grandfather? because if she is, i kinda want her in the sanctuary XD

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Question. Just out of curiosity and because the info may help others, did you by any chance use the cheat mod in the past?
I had to restart the game due to reinstalling windows, so I used a full install.
The first try, I installed the cheat mod, and it crashed on day 2 when I visited either Lin or kali in their room, with references to clothing issues being the cause in the trace back.

Deleting the game folder and extracting it again, without using the cheat mod, fixed the issue.
Since then, I have had "ZERO" issues with the game.
As a general rule for these Ren'Py (and other) games, if you used a mod then you must continue to play future updates with the mods because they change the game code and can cause issues if you use a previous save with a mod on a clean unmodded (newer) version of the game.

I did finish backporting all of the changes that got patch rejected expect the main script file. This means a Thursday release looks very possible, short of anything extra life might through at me.

ElectricArc

Nov 29, 2018
Walkthrough / Cheat Mods (0.15.1v4 Public)

Since Lain is still MIA, I decided to give this game my Walkthrough / Cheat Mod treatment based off of her original mod.
I have revamped some of her mod work and updated other parts of her mod.

WARNING:
If you are having errors after loading a save from the previous version of the game then go back to the previous version of the game and Save In The Lobby.
Then immediately after you load your save in the new version Click The Bar Icon and your game should play without issue afterwards.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Link:
Mega

View attachment 1613971 View attachment 1613972 View attachment 1613973 View attachment 1613974 View attachment 1613975 View attachment 1613976 View attachment 1613977 View attachment 1613978 View attachment 1613979 View attachment 1613980 View attachment 1613981 View attachment 1613982 View attachment 1613983 View attachment 1613984 View attachment 1613985 View attachment 1613986 View attachment 1613987 View attachment 1613988 View attachment 1613989
Are you going to update this for Version 0.16?

Diox12

Jul 1, 2020
MOD UPDATE:
Due to life today I am getting a late start on trying to complete all the backporting of Runey's changes before I can even get to the process of updating the WT part. If I had to guess on an ETA it will be Thursday even my time at the earliest if not sometime Friday. My apologies but life is what it is.

Also if you'd rather me continue my mod instead of using Lain's upcoming version then please give this post a Heart so I can see if I should continue or not.
Don't worry, I know many of us can wait for you to finish the mod. And as for whether or not to continue with the mod after lain releases it, I agree with Uthuriel, it's too early to vote on whether or not to continue with your mod.

Reactions: jaboney

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
As a general rule for these Ren'Py (and other) games, if you used a mod then you must continue to play future updates with the mods because they change the game code and can cause issues if you use a previous save with a mod on a clean unmodded (newer) version of the game.

I did finish backporting all of the changes that got patch rejected expect the main script file. This means a Thursday release looks very possible, short of anything extra life might through at me.
I know that you are not the original creator of the cheat mod, and that you were kind enough to pick up where they left off, which we do appreciate.
I'm only telling you this so that if it is a problem, perhaps you can locate it and repair it.

Details of what I have seen and observations, with one of the tracebacks.
I had a completely clean install of windows, no save files at all and was starting the game over again from scratch.
Extracted the game.
Installed the mod to the game folder as I always did before I replaced the boot drive.
Everything seemed fine till day 2 in the game while trying to enter Kali's or Lin's room, where the game would crash, with references to clothing items being the issue in both rooms.
Rolling back or ignoring the error did not work. You could not proceed past that point at all.
In Lins case, it was the vine outfit that was mentioned.

Tried a few times, restarting the game, and it crashed in the same places every time.
Finally, deleted the game folder, and re extracted it.
Did not install the mod, and the game ran flawlessly.

My thoughts on it are that something that Runey changed in the earlier part of the game is conflicting with the game mod and causing the crash.
Lin's vine outfit was mentioned in the traceback, but in game, you do not see the vine outfit till later.
If my thoughts are correct, then someone who has been playing the game for a while, with the mod might never experience the crash, because it happens so early in the game.
But, new players who use the cheat mod may well be subject to it, and find themselves having to re extract the game and start over again, and use it without the cheat mod, and likely those people would not trust the cheat mod ever again.

I liked the cheat mod, it had useful feature, but as it stands, I won't be re installing it again any time soon.

Maybe this will help you to see what I was talking about.

File "game/scripts/lin_events.rpy", line 779, in script
call screen linroomout
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3185, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3186, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3186, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3187, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3192, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3193, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3193, in <module>
NameError: name 'ho_lin_vines' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/lin_events.rpy", line 779, in script
call screen linroomout
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3136, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3186, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3186, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3187, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3192, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3193, in keywords
File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 3193, in <module>
NameError: name 'ho_lin_vines' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Harem Hotel v0.16
Sun Nov 27 15:41:15 2022

Last edited:

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Did the "Sneak around" option change? I'm fairly well into the game, but all the girls are greyed out. If I click on one, it says "We're not that close yet, she probably wouldn't like it if I came by this late at night."

From previous playthroughs I'm pretty sure I was able to visit them by this point.

Color me confused.

Edit: This is a fresh install, all previous saves deleted before starting, and no mods or other edits to the game beyond the 'makeitrain' code entered into the computer for starting cash.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

wsrvnar

Jul 15, 2020
Did the "Sneak around" option change? I'm fairly well into the game, but all the girls are greyed out. If I click on one, it says "We're not that close yet, she probably wouldn't like it if I came by this late at night."

From previous playthroughs I'm pretty sure I was able to visit them by this point.

Color me confused.

Edit: This is a fresh install, all previous saves deleted before starting, and no mods or other edits to the game beyond the 'makeitrain' code entered into the computer for starting cash.
Check girls' affection, if theirs low, grind it up

Eliza

Oct 3, 2017
tiny bug report; u reversed the information on sylvia's love route vs slave route within the game. when u finish sylvia ends up with 5/4 on love route and 4/5 on slave route. at least i'm pretty sure i finished sylvia's stuff, she refuses to trigger anything else, so that's my guess at what's happening based on patch notes and my memories of last patch.

wsrvnar

Jul 15, 2020
Just started my second new game with v0.16 last night, I think we can all argee that Harem Hotel had grew big and beautiful. But just like ourselves, growing big mean problems start to be... problems for us and HH.

So, personally, I hope in the v0.17, Runey will take it easy and focus on polishing existing contents instead of trying too hard to create new ones.

Right now, the main problem of HH clearly is events happen illogically, like when Maria and Android unavailable, events with their appearances still can be started or when events with Nia in her black clothes can be started although I had yet to buy her Kit.

To solve those problems, I think Runey need to tighten requirements to trigger events. Like, are all characters appear in "this" event available right now? Can "this" event happen at any time or it need to be Morning or Noon? Can "this" event be delayed or it need to happen ASAP?...

Of course, Runey should add hints like "I should check Hot Spring" or "I need to wait Maria" or "I should come back at Noon" to make sure HH won't become to hard to know what to do next.

And, in v0.17, I hope side characters like Jin, Ann, Peni, Cira, Ellen, Moon, Vanessa... will have more activities for them (and us :) ) to do.

BTW, for me, HH won't be completed without a fivesome between MC with Autumn, Hazel and two Saints (Abby and Lily). Man, just think about it, are you hard already? Just kidding...

One more thing, is MC give "shower" to Sylvia a sign that Runey will add more kinky things in HH? I hope we can soon ask Maria to use a strap-on dildo to double-penetrate girls with us, it would be fun!

Sorry about long post and my bad English, just in case.

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Are you going to update this for Version 0.16?
No, he doesn't. Sadly, he was infected with a disease that affects his reading ability, as well as others, after browsing too long through certained adult game forums.
One sign of this is I've seen him in different threads demanding that the dev must change the code of their updates, so that they will work with his old mods. He also calls them names and stated that all good game devs do that and he only writing that, so he can help this troubled game devs and help users to avoid this devs that are bad for the community.

This and other things make it impossible for him to do a mod, because he now only look at the error messages he have and scream at his monitor: A good interpreted would work with that.
He also argument a lot on the Ren'py and Python forum how they should write their code and define their language, so they won't lose people because of that.
If someone believes that garish I wrote, he should give me a Sil. :FacePalm:

Last edited:

robertfierce

Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Oh c'mon Runey xD
I can't see the new Sylvia scenes cause I picked the love route.
So that part of the update and your work on it never reached my eyes, how sad.

ThanhLong32

Jun 30, 2018
normally i dont usually ask for help when playing this game but i am stuck so i have no choice: i replay the harem hotel again from beginning and i come to moon event 3 but i dont understand what i am missing or what to do. i tried to reload the previous save but no use. any ideas please?

Nov 9, 2020
MOD UPDATE:
Due to life today I am getting a late start on trying to complete all the backporting of Runey's changes before I can even get to the process of updating the WT part. If I had to guess on an ETA it will be Thursday even my time at the earliest if not sometime Friday. My apologies but life is what it is.

Also if you'd rather me continue my mod instead of using Lain's upcoming version then please give this post a Heart so I can see if I should continue or not.
as much as I love lians past work previous ghostings have left a bad taste in mine and many others mouths I personally would love if you kept up your awesome work.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Does a Fairy lose her wings every time someone asks for the mod update as well?.
If so were all going to be drowning in...
View attachment 2203595
And fairy wings soon!.
I better get Juicing!.
No, when people ask about the mod, someone prevents Nia from kicking Cornwall in the nuts.
Literal cock block!!!!
Oh c'mon Runey xD
I can't see the new Sylvia scenes cause I picked the love route.
So that part of the update and your work on it never reached my eyes, how sad.
The new scene WAS for the love route. Go to the kitchen while she is working.

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes