Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
MOD UPDATE:
Due to life today I am getting a late start on trying to complete all the backporting of Runey's changes before I can even get to the process of updating the WT part. If I had to guess on an ETA it will be Thursday even my time at the earliest if not sometime Friday. My apologies but life is what it is.

Also if you'd rather me continue my mod instead of using Lain's upcoming version then please give this post a Heart so I can see if I should continue or not.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
When i saw the screenshots, is it possible to lose scenes without the mod? Am a little insecure about that but i play it without any mod. I just feel better when i know what i click on :(
Is it possible, yes, but you would need to jump to Runey's wiki page often to ensure you didn't miss anything.
Also take a look at the screen shots I have on my mod's post to see what extra my version of the mod adds to the game's experience.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
MOD UPDATE:
Due to life today I am getting a late start on trying to complete all the backporting of Runey's changes before I can even get to the process of updating the WT part. If I had to guess on an ETA it will be Thursday even my time at the earliest if not sometime Friday. My apologies but life is what it is.

Also if you'd rather me continue my mod instead of using Lain's upcoming version then please give this post a Heart so I can see if I should continue or not.
No stress and thank you for working on it anyway.

I have no idea if you should continue, that should be your decision. The thing is I have no idea if and when Lain is even gonna release it and what it contains. All we have so far is a screenshot from discord. That means nothing.
So, I think it's too soon to decide.

H_NGM_N666

Nov 25, 2020
Is it possible, yes, but you would need to jump to Runey's wiki page often to ensure you didn't miss anything.
Also take a look at the screen shots I have on my mod's post to see what extra my version of the mod adds to the game's experience.
That is what i am afraid of, to miss something. I know that it is a lot of work to do the mod and i am thankful for that, so i play further and start again when you get the mod done. Thank you forward for your time!

Reactions: Lord Ashram

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
No stress and thank you for working on it anyway.

I have no idea if you should continue, that should be your decision. The thing is I have no idea if and when Lain is even gonna release it and what it contains. All we have so far is a screenshot from discord. That means nothing.
So, I think it's too soon to decide.
I plan on at least getting this version done. As for the uncertainty of future updates, it comes down to what Lain is doing and if people are more interested in hers or mine. I do get there are some who are not interested in any future updates from her due to quitting and coming back verses I plan to only stop doing updates when I die (which may include the possibility of S.L. if that ever gets another update).

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
MOD UPDATE:

Life happens buddy! Will patiently wait, besides, I have plenty of things to enjoy during said time. Thanks for working on the mod, and hope to see you continue on this one.

Reactions: Lord Ashram

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
I only know of 3 that have one, and they are all pretty good.
, Love of Magic, and Summertime Saga, all of them are worth using, and almost as good as for a AAA game.
If you're talking about the wikis, Glassix has a decent one.

Reactions: TheDevian
Sep 23, 2019
MOD UPDATE:

At current point, i'm think good approach it is make own version (fork) of the mod - throw away "backward compatible saves" and assimilate the best Lain's additions, navigate and play Harem Hotel efficiently incredibly hard if target is only story. So this mod alleviate the painful adventures with checking the text walkthrough, going back to game... back and forth. So what you took - hero work.
This time Runey returned to much earlier stage in its game and seems going continue "outside map" mechanic add here & there... making previous progress invalidated - so trying keep oldier saves, ignoring new mechanic is might be harmful.

So basic needed features:
1) Walkthrough menu like already implemented for every character which hover above game ui at any place.
2) Of course cheat menu. Probably with more commands, such as change characters stats. Through MC's PC seems kinda limited list of cheats - such as "jumptoend" handy, but useless in own full playthrough.
In my opinion this most important features - everything else is nice to have.

Pretty sure if you can - you probably want to avoid any spaghetti code in your work. Dunno.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
MOD UPDATE:

No hate to Lain, on the contrary, Lain did some major contributions to a lot of games and I appreciate them a lot for it. However, personally, I'd prefer you stick around, or at the very least, be ready to jump back into it in case Lain disappears again. And also, if the screenshots are to be believed, your mod is a lot more "purist" since Lain's mod adds content unlike yours.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Anyone else getting nonstop errors? I started a brand new game with a fresh install, and every time I enter Kali's room on day 2 it gives me an error that traps me in her dialogue, something about 'ho_kali_goth not recognized'. Can't ignore, can't rollback, crashes every time. : /
I bet that you installed the cheat mod.
That exact same thing happened to me when I installed it.
Deleting the game folder and starting again without the mod fixed the issue.

Jul 31, 2018
im having a similiar problem because im using the separate update patch,. It give me the error at the start and after i click ignore 3-4 times it start a new game, but i can still load the precedent save and play the new content. Now im downloading the FULL 0.16 and restart the game from scratch because i started the game many version ago and im kinda missing out all the animations rework

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
There where already several reports of issues with Maria's outfits, Runey
I can confirm that. The outfit selection for Maria's repeatable events has no effect at all.

There are two sets of variables involved in selecting the outfits and the scenes and they get confused somehow. I guess this should be only one set of variables, or even better only one variable.
I am still unable to repeat this error, it just doesn't happen. It never has.

Houston we got a problem maybe next updat if you can fix it this is when she is off the drugs When Lin is in the kitchen you go to the Hot Springs you se her sister with a tattoo this is when she is clean she has no tattoos hope you understand this
Not sure I follow.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
im having a similiar problem because im using the separate update patch,. It give me the error at the start and after i click ignore 3-4 times it start a new game, but i can still load the precedent save and play the new content. Now im downloading the FULL 0.16 and restart the game from scratch because i started the game many version ago and im kinda missing out all the animations rework
Question. Just out of curiosity and because the info may help others, did you by any chance use the cheat mod in the past?
I had to restart the game due to reinstalling windows, so I used a full install.
The first try, I installed the cheat mod, and it crashed on day 2 when I visited either Lin or kali in their room, with references to clothing issues being the cause in the trace back.

Deleting the game folder and extracting it again, without using the cheat mod, fixed the issue.
Since then, I have had "ZERO" issues with the game.

Jul 31, 2018
Question. Just out of curiosity and because the info may help others, did you by any chance use the cheat mod in the past?
I had to restart the game due to reinstalling windows, so I used a full install.
The first try, I installed the cheat mod, and it crashed on day 2 when I visited either Lin or kali in their room, with references to clothing issues being the cause in the trace back.

Deleting the game folder and extracting it again, without using the cheat mod, fixed the issue.
yes, i used the mod in the past, but i stopped using it 3 or 4 patches ago and it never gave problems.....i have to say tho that every time a new patch came out i always downloaded the full game and this is the first time i simply downloaded the update patch, so maybe its the update patch that cause some problem

MorganKitty95

Apr 24, 2022
call me ignorant but i dont know the difference ngl. is there an example you can list? otherwise i guess do your thing.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
call me ignorant but i dont know the difference ngl. is there an example you can list? otherwise i guess do your thing.
Ashram's was based on Lain's from before she went MIA and it's basically a straight guide for the characters, including side characters iirc. Lain's probably will include all that, but Lain also is apparently adding her own content to the game as well.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Keep it up! That wasn't meant as a slight against you, i just meant adult games in general!
I can't take any real credit there, I don't do a lot to help on the wiki, other than talking to the guys who do most of the work on it about some events, and how they trigger, but I am sure they appreciate the complement, I meant 'we' as in the community. They work really hard on it, and it keeps getting better all the time.

A wiki is only as good as its community.

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes