wruzzer

Jun 24, 2021
Okay, uhm.. hypothetically speaking: would it be possible to start the game without mod, wait for mod update and then continue the save with the updated mod? I know it's not possible to continue if you used the mod before and try without mod, but what about the other way around? Same issue?

Reactions: DingleDon86

camoway

May 15, 2017
Alright, I am ready for the Christmas special you are almost done with!!! LMFAO
haHA OH man I am sorry runey that was extremely fun to say. Dude, you are a legend
honestly. I think 1 day's worth of your effort would be good enough. You don't know
when to quit, but that's your strength really... But also makes things like holiday stuff impossible.
Happy holidays man.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I felt like I missed something with that scene too, which I prolly did.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The fun of playing the game late at night is sometimes being half asleep and forgetting details :p

Okay, uhm.. hypothetically speaking: would it be possible to start the game without mod, wait for mod update and then continue the save with the updated mod? I know it's not possible to continue if you used the mod before and try without mod, but what about the other way around? Same issue?
That isn't how most mods work. As soon as the mod touches a file/script used in an earlier part of the game it would break. It isn't specifically your save that is broken, so restarting the game won't fix it. You either start a fresh install / no mod or wait for the mod to be updated and continue forward.

wruzzer

Jun 24, 2021
That isn't how most mods work. As soon as the mod touches a file/script used in an earlier part of the game it would break. It isn't specifically your save that is broken, so restarting the game won't fix it. You either start a fresh install / no mod or wait for the mod to be updated and continue forward.
So even if i started a game, install the mod afterwards and then start a new game with the mod it would break most likely and i would have to redownload it? Dang. Ty for your answer. <3

/Edit: Thought it would be more like in Bethesda games, where u can add mods and everything works fine, but if u delete one it can break your save.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
/Edit: Thought it would be more like in Bethesda games, where u can add mods and everything works fine, but if u delete one it can break your save.
For most of the mods that is the case. It exist some minor mods, who doesn't affect the save game, so with the same save, you can play a moded or unmoded game. Exception could exist, thus with some moded games you can't use a unmoded save...

Yet, General rule of thump a save game from a moded game will only run with the moded game and a specific version of the mod usually works only for a specific version of the game.

Kruggov

Jun 8, 2020
So even if i started a game, install the mod afterwards and then start a new game with the mod it would break most likely and i would have to redownload it? Dang. Ty for your answer. <3

Nah, the save would break when you add the mod, but the game itself would remain well.

wruzzer

Jun 24, 2021
For most of the mods that is the case. It exist some minor mods, who doesn't affect the save game, so with the same save, you can play a moded or unmoded game. Exception could exist, thus with some moded games you can't use a unmoded save...

Yet, General rule of thump a save game from a moded game will only run with the moded game and a specific version of the mod usually works only for a specific version of the game.
Yeah, specific version i know already. My question was only if i could play the game unmodded rn, wait for the mod update and continue with the unmodded save in the modded version. Seems like i get different answers. Dunno what to believe now.

Reactions: DingleDon86

Marcus9

Jan 28, 2019
MOD UPDATE:
Finished the preliminary work for the WT section, now time to work on updating and doing minor testing for the 0.16.1 update.
I won't be back until I have a Test version of 0.16.1 for those who want to help iron out anything I might have missed.

If anyone asks about the mod until them, feel free to reply to them with this post.
https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-hotel-v0-16-1-runey.12760/post-9543723
Amazing stuff, thank you -- please let us know if you need any help testing

H_NGM_N666

Nov 25, 2020
Yeah, specific version i know already. My question was only if i could play the game unmodded rn, wait for the mod update and continue with the unmodded save in the modded version. Seems like i get different answers. Dunno what to believe now.
Play and enjoy the game. When the mod is ready, install it and continue your save WITH the mod.

What others meant to say is, when you start/ load a game and you play it then with a mod, you probably can´t continue the save in the next update (because you need the mod again). So when the next update comes out, you have to wait for the mod to continue your modded savegame. But the modders are usually quick within some days to finish their mods. But some mods are quite big and you have to wait longer for it.

But the point is:
Play that game and install the mod when you want/can and proceed with it. Just watch out that the mod is for your game version!

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Yes, you can start playing now and then use that save with the mod, unless something is radically different with this version. However, that save then becomes a modded save and would likely always require the mod to continue working properly. So I'd suggest keeping a version of your unmodded save around in a separate slot or page or something. You should then be able to use that unmodded save in future versions of the game and just rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Runey

wruzzer

Jun 24, 2021
Okay, i will trust in your words and start playing. <3

I know that i can't continue without the mod after i installed it, but thanks anyways for clearing this up once again. There will always be someone who doesn't know yet. (y)

Reactions: H_NGM_N666

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
Does anyone know what the answer to this is?

What can be found at the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, the beginning of every end, and the end of every place?

wruzzer

Jun 24, 2021
Does anyone know what the answer to this is?

What can be found at the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, the beginning of every end, and the end of every place?
Yes. Do u wanna think about it a few more minutes or want me to tell ya? It's not that hard, promise. You don't need our help for this.

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
thanks guys i was typing out everything i could think of
Space
Time
Lightyears
Empty
Emptiness
God
The Big Bang shit like that

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
can someone explain how a Bell fits this?

My tongue is long, my breath is strong,
you would think it be shoes because the tongue and smell part

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes