PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
Is it better to re-start playing from the beginning? Is there any story rewrite?
This update includes a lot of new content at the beginning of the game, including remakes and new story. For this reason I recommend a fresh install with a fresh save, though it isn't necessary.
Besides that...which is on the front page right above the download options...maybe yes, maybe no. I like to re-start just because I enjoy a fresh run-through, but that's just me. To each their own.

Reactions: Burgh917

Palim palim

Nov 3, 2020
Besides that...which is on the front page right above the download options...maybe yes, maybe no. I like to re-start just because I enjoy a fresh run-through, but that's just me. To each their own.
Well most updates of games just add a few szenes to the end. When you just played the game one month before from start to end its not really sensefull to start again from scratch

Reactions: PsybehrWolf

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
I enjoy a fresh start myself if the game is good enough and its been awhile. Plus there's new content for this update, so looking forward to it.

Reactions: PsybehrWolf

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
Well most updates of games just add a few szenes to the end. When you just played the game one month before from start to end its not really sensefull to start again from scratch
True, that's why I don't do it for games that have quicker updates, after all, what would be the point of doing something like that for, say...Corrupted Kingdoms with a weekly update, or something with a monthly either, but give me something with a nice deep story, plenty of space between updates (HH, Eternum, Power Vacuum, Serenity), I don't mind replaying from the start. Again, that's just a matter of preference. I will actually sit on updates for a while if it's just a scene or two (CK is a great example of that....), as I like some substance to work with. Never have that prob with Runey!

Reactions: Burgh917

fakitm8

Dec 1, 2019
Walkthrough / Cheat Mods (0.16.1 TEST)

Since Lain is still MIA, I decided to give this game my Walkthrough / Cheat Mod treatment based off of her original mod.
I have revamped some of her mod work and updated other parts of her mod.

WARNING:
If you are having errors after loading a save from the previous version of the game then go back to the previous version of the game and Save In The Lobby.
Then immediately after you load your save in the new version Click The Bar Icon and your game should play without issue afterwards.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Link:
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-walkthroughs-and-cheat-mods.84767/post-9577746

View attachment 1613971 View attachment 1613972 View attachment 1613973 View attachment 1613974 View attachment 1613975 View attachment 1613976 View attachment 1613977 View attachment 1613978 View attachment 1613979 View attachment 1613980 View attachment 1613981 View attachment 1613982 View attachment 1613983 View attachment 1613984 View attachment 1613985 View attachment 1613986 View attachment 1613987 View attachment 1613988 View attachment 1613989
Hi, is this good for v0.16.2?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
trying to sound smart is easy
also mod works fine
Yes, reading is hard....

Regardless, all old mods can work with a newer game version, but the never must work with a newer game version. So, if the patch isn't affected from the newer game version (eg. only small grammar correction) then it mostly would work. Often wait for the modder to assure you that the patch will work for the newer game version too.

QWolfe

Nov 11, 2021
it's just a minor revision(bugfixes, etc), i would assume it'll work.
Except it's not. 0.16.1 reworked some of the opening parts as well as tweaked other things.
That means some of the mod's code won't line up and will cause errors.
On top of that, Ashram needs to add in the options for any new/rewritten dialog as well as the new additions on top of making sure that the mod doesn't cause errors there as well.
It's not easy and it takes time.
The old mod can work, but it'll be bug prone and not line up with everything that's changed.
So wait for Ashram or Lain to do their work.
Quality mods take time.

Reactions: TheDevian

fakitm8

Dec 1, 2019
Except it's not. 0.16.1 reworked some of the opening parts as well as tweaked other things.
That means some of the mod's code won't line up and will cause errors.
On top of that, Ashram needs to add in the options for any new/rewritten dialog as well as the new additions on top of making sure that the mod doesn't cause errors there as well.
It's not easy and it takes time.
The old mod can work, but it'll be bug prone and not line up with everything that's changed.
So wait for Ashram or Lain to do their work.
Quality mods take time.
????
the mod is for 0.16.1

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
MOD UPDATE:
  • I have the TEST version for 0.16.1 done, it does have some minor issues with the WT that needs people to test and let me know.
  • I see that Runey has the 0.16.2 update out and I will work on getting an update for that soon but my personal life (re: Health) has left me so drained I'm not sure how soon but i will try to incorporate that on the next TEST update.

Please keep the chat about my Test releases on Runey's thread to a minimum out of respect for Runey and in my main thread where you will find the Test link.

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-walkthroughs-and-cheat-mods.84767/post-9577746

I tried to post this sooner but I kept getting a Bad Gateway site error for a while.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Yes, reading is hard....

Regardless, all old mods can work with a newer game version, but the never must work with a newer game version. So, if the patch isn't affected from the newer game version (eg. only small grammar correction) then it mostly would work. Often wait for the modder to assure you that the patch will work for the newer game version too.
The old mod mod will not work with the newer version of Harem Hotel.
Runey made changes in the earlier part of the game that conflict with the old mod and caused crashes, as early as day 2 that you cannot get past.
I went through that on version 16.0 because I was starting over again, and installed the old mod, under the assumption that it should be fine with the old content. I could install the new mod when it was released.
Day 2, entering either Kali's room or Lin's room I got unrecoverable errors that involved clothing items that had not yet appeared in the game.
Deleting the entire game folder and re extracting the game, without using the mod worked perfectly.

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
Runey made changes in the earlier part of the game that conflict with the old mod and caused crashes, as early as day 2 that you cannot get past.
I went through that on version 16.0 because I was starting over again, and installed the old mod, under the assumption that it should be fine with the old content. I could install the new mod when it was released.
Day 2, entering either Kali's room or Lin's room I got unrecoverable errors that involved clothing items that had not yet appeared in the game.
Deleting the entire game folder and re extracting the game, without using the mod worked perfectly.
Since v0.16 is technically the update and v0.16.1/v0.16.2 are basically bugfixes for the update, I'd assume a mod should have minimal conflicts so long as the "v0.16" part is good.

Reactions: DigDug69

fakitm8

Dec 1, 2019
if you're trying to do that in a major revision, i don't know what to tell you.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
if you're trying to do that in a major revision, i don't know what to tell you.
I was unaware that it was a major revision. Many devs upgrade graphics in earlier parts of the game, and the old mods still work for old content in that situation.
Runey went beyond revising just the graphics.

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes