KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
I'm only going from memory: wasn't most of those scenes exhibition related? What scenes required a higher any other stat? Coming to mind there are 2-3 shopping events, 2-3 dinner events, 1 Kali in the pool event all of which require exhibition. I know wiki says if Kali also has a high enough sub+exh you can have sex with her at the beach though that's never worked for me.

I've personally never missed those since I generally grind those stats up since I know it's a thing - I know new players might miss 'em though, but their other stats I've always slowly worked at because I don't remember any instance that they're useful outside of Cornwell's challenge.
The exhibition scenes are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, too. I consider those to be "bonus" scenes that don't affect the actual event beyond a little added flavor. The stat itself only needs to be up to 10 for those to trigger, and I'll usually whip that out fairly quickly after it becomes available. The only other thing I can think of where stat levels kinda matter is with the Cornwall Challenge, and that only requires Lin to be at 10 for the basics (vag/anal/bj) and her Obedience at 20. All of those are easy to get by the time of the event (if not long before), so I never worry about it.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
The differences between having the girl's stats high enough to hit certain 'Traits' - 'Buttslut', 'In love' etc. - is more about when you can perform specific actions and not if you will. There a small handful of scenes that have stat-based variants but the differences are minor - an exposed boob here, using a toy there, but you don't really miss anything - you just can't do certain things until the girls have the right traits.
Well here's the thing, I find that having anal sex with Ash in the tower or having sex with Kali at the beach while Lucy's there is somehow more satisfying than any repeatable. It just hit different because it's part of a whole scene which end like this. Don't know how to explain it but when I did miss the Ash scene, I was upset even though I knew I could just get repeatable anal with her later. Maybe that's just me but I do prefer lewd scenes from a more larger scene rather than repeatables, because then there's some sort of a build up we don't get with repeatable scenes.

In general, 'In love/Obedience', 'Submissive', 'Exhibitionist' and 'Nympho' are the most important and anyone that wants to 'see everything' (which they will anyway) just needs to run these up as soon as the game allows and not speed through the girl's events. The only real departure from this is Lin, who should be maxed out in every way possible as soon as possible.
Aaaand Buttslut for Ash as soon as possible :whistle:

Anyone that follows this advice, which came from Runey, doesn't need to 'know the number' - just light up those boxes ;)
We may not need them, but sometimes the crave for a good looking board full of precise numbers just get too strong. This may not be the board we need right now, but it's the one we deserve (Batlin, that's your cue).

Reactions: torresm

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Finding it hard to be horny at the moment.
I Got da Covids, Sapped all my strength and vigor. :sick:
On the upside I'm through the worst of it and should be right in a few days!.
Seeing how bad my flatmates are having it i feel lucky. They in real bad shape. :(
Odd considering I'm the only one unvaxed here. lol
Must be my Orcish genes eating the covid cells in my body,
Nothing survives in an Orc except an ORC!.
Sorry to hear it, Bud. Best of luck! Hope you kill that virus soon.
I think so, or at least I can't remember anything else other than that Ashley one PervyParadox mentioned above.
Yeah, I didn't know there was one with Ash, just the exhibitionism ones, which, of course, I maxed asap. ;)

Reactions: Oldtoothlessbasterd

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Well here's the thing, I find that having anal sex with Ash in the tower or having sex with Kali at the beach while Lucy's there is somehow more satisfying than any repeatable.
I've never gotten either of those scenes and those stats are always maxed out, so that's why I asked and commented from memory. I never knew Kali's was a thing until someone mentioned it was on Wiki - Ashley's I've never seen mentioned before until you, so that's new to me. I'll have to start a new save and try to get those done earlier - though I'm not sure what you mean by "tower".

Reactions: TheDevian

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I've never gotten either of those scenes and those stats are always maxed out, so that's why I asked and commented from memory. I never knew Kali's was a thing until someone mentioned it was on Wiki - Ashley's I've never seen mentioned before until you, so that's new to me. I'll have to start a new save and try to get those done earlier - though I'm not sure what you mean by "tower".
Ashley event 25 from the wiki:
Overworked from study and hasn't dyed her hair for the first time in ages, you take her to relax at a clock tower she visited as a kid. If she has the "Buttslut" trait, Ashley offers you anal sex.

It don't remember her offering that, but either my brain is as good as I know (what means shit) or I didn't have the stats either.

• Thinking Face

goonerfandango

Mar 7, 2021
I have fixed the last Lain's mod (v0.14.x) to work with 0.16.x. It obviously only supports characters from 0.14.x and I did not edit any other files than the ones that resulted in an error when clicking the mod button.
It's tested for a couple of hours, and so far I have had no errors.

Workupload
Pixeldrain
Thanks very much for making this, much appreciated :)

I'm getting crashes when I try to load saves that would have been created using Lord Ashram's (get well soon) version of Lain's Mod for v0.15.x - possibly a stupid question, but is that to be expected - are my saves incompatible?

Edit - nevermind - just re-read your post with fresh eyes, and I think what you're saying here is that it won't work with saves from v0.15.x
only supports characters from 0.14.x

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021

I'm getting crashes when I try to load saves that would have been created using LordAshram's (get well soon) version of Lain's Mod for v0.15.x - possibly a stupid question, but is that to be expected - are my saves incompatible?

Edit - nevermind - just re-read your post with fresh eyes, and I think what you're saying here is that it won't work with saves from v0.15.x

More accurately, it only works on events, characters, etc, that existed and were unchanged from 14. As Runey is, over time, updating early game events, its possible that could break it as well.

The minor conveniences of the mods really aren't worth all the trouble y'all. This game's mechanics are very simple... and Runey's adding a phone with an objective set anyway soon. That won't be as explicit as these walkthrough mods, but it will remove confusion as to what you should be working on.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019

I'm getting crashes when I try to load saves that would have been created using Lord Ashram's (get well soon) version of Lain's Mod for v0.15.x - possibly a stupid question, but is that to be expected - are my saves incompatible?

Most likely that new mod only worked well with the 16.2 release, with no pre existing save files from earlier releases being tested, either with past mods being used, or without them.
As said above, there were changes made to earlier events in the game that could possibly be causing issues with older save files and that mod.

People are much better off using the walkthrough to play, if they need help, but otherwise avoid any tweaked mods based on older versions of the mod.
Tweaking the stats on this game is not a good idea anyway.
You can miss events, because some events are triggered by a certain stat being a certain number.

Using them, could be asking for trouble,

Last edited:

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017

Lain's (and Ashram's) mod uses overrides for some scenes and introduces new variables, which renders the savegames incompatible between a non-modded game and a modded one.
It's a shame, since most of those overrides no longer work - there are no graphics for most of them and some refer to scenes which have been removed or renamed. Also, the mod causes errors later in the game due to the above scenes never triggering when they're supposed to.

It doesn't even matter if you start a new game... the mod will still cause your game to break at some point.

I've been working on correcting the mod (there's a new link on the OP) - but there is a lot to fix and a lot of guesswork/URM searching involved.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Overworked from study and hasn't dyed her hair for the first time in ages, you take her to relax at a clock tower she visited as a kid. If she has the "Buttslut" trait, Ashley offers you anal sex.

It don't remember her offering that, but either my brain is as good as I know (what means shit) or I didn't have the stats either.
Yeah, I don't remember that one either, but then I generally tune out her sex scenes, and try to speed through them as fast as possible, and that one has been a long time. I think it's optional now, where there wasn't one when I did that scene.

Funny thing is I did get her butt slut trait (for the submission rating) before then, but not the Nympho one.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Yeah, I don't remember that one either, but then I generally tune out her sex scenes, and try to speed through them as fast as possible, and that one has been a long time. I think it's optional now, where there wasn't one when I did that scene.

Funny thing is I did get her butt slut trait (for the submission rating) before then, but not the Nympho one.
Kali is always maxed for me nearly asap, so not sure why I'd ever miss any sub-event for her. Ashley I might have been slow on, I honestly can't recall though I "normally" just max a stat out once a scene is unlocked to avoid missing things. Guess I didn't in this instance(or the last 3-4 releases, lol), I remember the event but it was never sexual. I doubt I'll ever see the scene considering who it is with, but maybe one day.

Reactions: c3p0 and TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Kali is always maxed for me nearly asap, so not sure why I'd ever miss any sub-event for her. Ashley I might have been slow on, I honestly can't recall though I "normally" just max a stat out once a scene is unlocked to avoid missing things. Guess I didn't in this instance(or the last 3-4 releases, lol), I remember the event but it was never sexual. I doubt I'll ever see the scene considering who it is with, but maybe one day.
Yeah, my #1 was always Kali (with Lin right behind), and I tend to try to max everything I can as soon as I can, but I just can't see Ashley in a sexual way, so it's hard to bring myself to grind her points.

Last edited:

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022

I ran into that Ashley scene in a fairly recent replay of the game. I think it's one of the ones redone by Runey and was originally the scene where you first see her with her natural hair color and take her to a park overlooking the city for a heart-to-heart (IIRC).

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
<SNIP>

The minor conveniences of the mods really aren't worth all the trouble y'all. This game's mechanics are very simple... and Runey's adding a phone with an objective set anyway soon. That won't be as explicit as these walkthrough mods, but it will remove confusion as to what you should be working on.
This is what I've been saying all along. I guess there's a group of people that absolutely must have every option spelled out in detail, but using a mod has always introduced a certain amount of risk because you are, whether it's obvious or not, adding a person (or persons) to the development team, someone that typically isn't intimately involved in the development of the core game. Mod developers don't have an easy job because they're trying to modify someone else's code and that's very difficult, and they typically can't test them the way that game supporters 'beta test' the games themselves.

And, with respect to the cooperdk mod, I have to give him props for trying to give people what they want but he's cautioned everyone several times now that the existing Franken-mod was very complex, the game is complex and there is a learning curve that he's going through. I would recommend that people give him some time to get more comfortable with this project, give him some space and wait a little while before trying to use it.

QWolfe

Nov 11, 2021
This is what I've been saying all along. I guess there's a group of people that absolutely must have every option spelled out in detail, but using a mod has always introduced a certain amount of risk because you are, whether it's obvious or not, adding a person (or persons) to the development team, someone that typically isn't intimately involved in the development of the core game. Mod developers don't have an easy job because they're trying to modify someone else's code and that's very difficult, and they typically can't test them the way that game supporters 'beta test' the games themselves.

And, with respect to the cooperdk mod, I have to give him props for trying to give people what they want but he's cautioned everyone several times now that the existing Franken-mod was very complex, the game is complex and there is a learning curve that he's going through. I would recommend that people give him some time to get more comfortable with this project, give him some space and wait a little while before trying to use it.
At this point, anyone working on a mod for this game is a blessing and should be treated as such.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022

I ran into that Ashley scene in a fairly recent replay of the game. I think it's one of the ones redone by Runey and was originally the scene where you first see her with her natural hair color and take her to a park overlooking the city for a heart-to-heart (IIRC).
Reloaded an old save to refresh my memory. First time we see Ash with natural hair, we take her out and she leads us to the tower in the slums.
At the end the lewd scene is kind of a way to show her we still find her cute and sexy even with this look.
I may have been a little overboard with the screens there but yeah, I was talking about that scene as an example. Repeatable anal sex with Ash is nearly not as satisfying as the build up of that scene. Heart to heart conversation, first time seeing her with natural hair, plugging her asshole to help with her confidence. Just the perfect set-up. Hence why I was kinda upset to miss this during my 2nd playthrough.

Anyway I'm probably making a big fuss about it because that's basically the scene that made Ash my favorite. Don't know how to feel about the number of people who missed it, but I guess if Ash is not your favorite and if you don't care about missing these scenes it's not a big deal for you. I certainly know I wouldn't have been able to move on in the game (and in my life) if I'd missed out on that scene. But now I know so not a big deal for me to just (lovingly) go hammer on her ass 10 times before that event.

Don't know if it has been changed since but I've reloaded the scenes from the last version so I don't think so, it would probably won't work if it was changed. Anyway, the requirement for this is indeed the buttslut trait (anal sex = 10) if someone wanted a definitive answer.
If no one does it, I'll make that board one day I swear. Even though it's 90% exhibition and submission, with only this Ash scene requiring the buttslut trait.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 449 Votes