Hentai1987

Apr 16, 2018
Graphics are so irrelevant to the enjoyment of any game. We can go "wow that's cool", but it will never make us feel anything. Many of us enjoy games with nearly no graphics at all, like dungeons and dragons, and half the game is in your imagination. Other two insanely popular games are Runescape and Minecraft, with graphics older than honey select. Minecraft even tries to look older than it is and finds beauty in its style. Graphics have just never been able to carry a game. Look at Forspoken. I'm pretty sure Harem Hotel will be played more times than Square Enix's newest game.

You should know what you're getting anyway, this is an indie game. I have no choice with which assets I use like indie games on steam (which is beginning to slowly change).

Funnily enough I have actually remade most events before v0.13ish once or twice for the visuals. This is a MASSIVE undertaking that is taking years, but it's still u sing the same engine. I just want the quality to be consistent through the entire game.
i get the feeling the majority of AAA games turn out to be disappointing. Its often the smaller independent games that are real gems like the horror game Signalis that got a lot of positive reviews

Reactions: TheDevian

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Sorry, I was very busy yesterday and was not able to respond.
I guess i'm not sure what exactly i'm expecting from it. Someone mentioned not to expect Eternum level of story and I know that there won't be such a conspiracy inside. I get that.
i'm at about day 30. in my last play the game said i reached the end of the story for the receptionist.
I guess in those games i search for interesting characters and fairly good writing. if we get back to eternum, yeah, it's probably my fav, big part of that is the convoluted mystery, but i also love Single Again (probably top3 or 4 for me) and it's basically a slice of life drama with no special story in it. i like it just because the characters are very likeable and the writing is good.

i guess for this one it kind of confuses me. it just looks like it's a "come tomorrow to get another point, and then the day after to get a new h scene. repeat". the scenes/events are very short... i guess i just can't get attached to the characters.

but seeing how many good reviews there are, and how many people are just communicating about the game (2000 pages, damn) i'm wondering if i'm still very early in the game and later events are getting bigger/better/both.
I wasn't talking about the "totally not eyes wide shut + accellr8 + what if west world was elves and a really real place" overarch in Eternum. I'm talking about the characters, which are characters, including the two that seem to be literal harem-bait. The ladies in Eternum exist to service Orion. They simply do, which isn't even an indictment. Simply what's presented and laid out.

HH is simply not even kind of that vehicle, even the character that ostensibly at the beginning exists for that sole purpose of getting harem-path started. (Point of fact, said character has an entire decades-long history with your grandfather that is still a complete mystery, even now)

Given that Eternum literally repeats H events twice in a row three times with almost the entire cast... I'm not even gonna touch that one, suffice it to say you can stay for the feels or simply find something with faster/more linear faps, like the thing you're attempting to compare it to... which simply doesn't work.

Lord of the Rings isn't Eragon and "but dragon and sword" isn't even a kind of comparison. They exist in similar formats and potentially have focus overlap and that's about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runey

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
The ladies in Eternum exist to service Orion. They simply do, which isn't even an indictment.
Damn, with all the games where indeed the girls are only here to service the MC you could have used as an example here, you basically chose one of the only game that makes that statement just downright false. Even though it's not an indictment, it's just not the case for reasons I'm not going to detail here because this is the wrong thread. Don't even know why this sentence is here honestly, your whole argument is otherwise legit but this simple statement discredit everything for people who knows Eternum at least.

Also it's the wrong thread to talk about it, there's a chance that talking too much about another game might get your message deleted soon so be careful of that.

I know I know you're not the one who started it but just be aware.

Reactions: DigDug69

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Also it's the wrong thread to talk about it, there's a chance that talking too much about another game might get your message deleted soon so be careful of that.

I know I know you're not the one who started it but just be aware.
Very True.
They have a rule against discussing other games in a game thread, although just referencing another game would not likely invoke it.
But, multi post discussing it will make the game developer here annoyed, and anger the moderators and cause them to shoot fireballs from their asses at the offender...
They can really do that, and it is not something that you ever want to experience.

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
This is an image of an actual troll being targeted by the moderators.
View attachment 2371359
Which subclass? The facepalms, the walkthrough/update/mods/..., the "I only post here to show you how bad game/dev is and to save his supporters, because their dumb and don't know.....", the "this has content x in and isn't tag, even if only I see content x here", the " game need x", the general "shit" posting one (like one post like game good) or the ones that post post like this one here? :eek:

Or just a general troll?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Which subclass? The facepalms, the walkthrough/update/mods/..., the "I only post here to show you how bad game/dev is and to save his supporters, because their dumb and don't know.....", the "this has content x in and isn't tag, even if only I see content x here", the " game need x", the general "shit" posting one (like one post like game good) or the ones that post post like this one here? :eek:

Or just a general troll?
From Discord...
HaremHotel (1).png

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019

Or just a general troll?
Most likely a variety of them, but I really want to see them do that more often to the rabid pro NTR/Anti NTR people who scream, yell and throw tantrums when the games are not exactly the way that they want it, and screw everyone else.
They may be the worst of the trolls.

hobohenry

Aug 7, 2020
Here is all the cheat codes as of 02/07/2023
----- Dedicator Only Cheat Codes -----
cheat_mode_on! - Enables cheat mode
cheat_mode_off - Disables cheat mode
----- Supporter Cheat Codes -----
hi = Hello : ) jumptoend = Maxes out every character's stats up to the last update, gives you all the money, and more.
jumptoend_lin = Maxes out Lin's stats
jumptoend_kali = Maxes out Kali's stats
jumptoend_ash = Maxes out Ashley's stats
jumptoend_maria = Maxes out Maria's stats
jumptoend_bot = Maxes out Android's stats
jumptoend_F&E = Maxes out Felicity & Emma's stats
jumptoend_autumn = Maxes out Autumn's stats
skiphalf_lin = Sets Lin's level to 20
skiphalf_kali = Sets Kali's level to 20
skiphalf_ash = Sets Ashley's level to 20
skiphalf_mar = Sets Maria's level to 20
skiphalf_bot = Sets Android's level to 20
skiphalf_F&E = Sets Felicity & Emma's level to 20
skiphalf_aut = Sets Autumn's level to 20
skiphalf_all = Sets all main character's level to 20
truestory = Clones to Twins, unlocks Lucia content. And more.
changename = Changes your name
add10days = Adds 10 days
ifuckedlucy = Rewrites the story to make it so you fucked Lucy, unlocking some content
makeitrain = Gives you $1,000
makeitstorm = Gives you $999,999
slaveroute_nia = Changes Nia's route to the Slave Route
loveroute_nia = Changes Nia's route to the Love Route
slaveroute_sylvia = Changes Sylvia's route to the Slave Route
loveroute_sylvia = Changes Sylvia's route to the Love Route

Enter them via the computer in your room :)

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
hi = Hello : ) jumptoend = Maxes out every character's stats up to the last update, gives you all the money, and more.
add10days = Adds 10 days
ifuckedlucy = Rewrites the story to make it so you fucked Lucy, unlocking some content

It is strongly recommended that people not use the jumptoend, or any others cheat codes that alter the characters stats
They will miss game content doing that.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Most likely a variety of them, but I really want to see them do that more often to the rabid pro NTR/Anti NTR people who scream, yell and throw tantrums when the games are not exactly the way that they want it, and screw everyone else.
They may be the worst of the trolls.
Agreed. Trolls are annoying but the people that demand something that doesn't fit well in a game, especially in a mature game that's been in development for a while and actually has a story, can be the worst.

"This game would be so much better if you added [insert poorly thought out kink request] to this game!"
"I'll pledge a dollar on Patreon if you add
[insert poorly thought out kink request] to this game!"
"Why won't you add
[insert poorly thought out kink request] to this game, you jerk!"

One of my personal favorites:
"This is a [insert poorly thought out kink request] board and every game should have [insert poorly thought out kink request]!"

The mind boggles...

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
add10days = Adds 10 days

Is it time to change the codes already? Thanks for letting me know

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No cheat code for heatpeads?:sneaky:
So, also no chance to get on par or even beat a certained someone. Who's also the only one with a Minecraft version of Lin.:whistle:
My Lin is not at all boxy! She still has all of her curves! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: solo323
4.70 star(s) 449 Votes