Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
But I am also considering adding a skip button to every story event.
Why not unlock this feature with a code? I know it is more convoluted than simply put an option in the parameters to enable it. I don't know how hard it is to change the code, but you could change it every vertion and give it to every player when they reach an update end of content. So every one would have to play the whole game at least once to enable it. It would prevent people complaining like Vignari is pointing out. It would also sort of reward players for reaching the end. And player opting to use this function would be making a more tought out decision since it involeves more imput and thought process than simply clicking a button.

The code could also be readyly availabble for supporter.

I much prefer an option to skip an event than one to jump to a specific relationship level. less risk of bricking a save.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Why not unlock this feature with a code? I know it is more convoluted than simply put an option in the parameters to enable it. I don't know how hard it is to change the code, but you could change it every vertion and give it to every player when they reach an update end of content. So every one would have to play the whole game at least once to enable it. It would prevent people complaining like Vignari is pointing out. It would also sort of reward players for reaching the end. And player opting to use this function would be making a more tought out decision since it involeves more imput and thought process than simply clicking a button.

The code could also be readyly availabble for supporter.

I much prefer an option to skip an event than one to jump to a specific relationship level. less risk of bricking a save.
If that event raises an important stat, then skipping it can lead to a character not having enough points to help trigger an event with another character.
If skipping that scene raises the stat anyway, that much of it could work, but it could still leave a player lacking in information that might be needed elsewhere.

For instance, someone talked about not being interested in Kali.
Skipping all of Kali's event could leave a player not knowing she is good with computers.
They would not know who her father was.
They would not know that they can get Kali to help them get a military grade robot to defend the elves, and they would not know that she could hack it.
You get that information from spending time with her.

Shitler1071

Sep 12, 2020
Relationship points (Friendship) is the counter of story events, so that wouldn't work at all.

The solution I came up with are Objectives, which are goals to reach every week. Doing so may unlock extra content. This isn't a requirement, but if you're playing correctly, you will finish the objects each week naturally. This will be stuff like "Get Kali to Relationship X" "Get Lin to Relationship X" It sort of guides you in a way that should prevent issues like that from occurring. But it does require that you play in the way I intend for the player to play, which may not be how you want to play. I can understand wanting to focus on a character, it's something I want to let players do, but in the end, I think every main character should be progressed together as much as possible.

But I am also considering adding a skip button to every story event.
thanks for the work! waiting for update.

Reactions: Runey

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
If that event raises an important stat, then skipping it can lead to a character not having enough points to help trigger an event with another character.
If skipping that scene raises the stat anyway, that much of it could work, but it could still leave a player lacking in information that might be needed elsewhere.
Not if he only has acces to the function after having played all the events. And since the code would always shift new players wouldn't have acces to it.

You could also make it so the codes are always active but alow you to skip only up to the point in the story where you got it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Not if he only has acces to the function after having played all the events. And since the code would always shift new players wouldn't have acces to it.

You could also make it so the codes are always active but alow you to skip only up to the point in the story where you got it.
I think the issue, is that they flat out want to add a feature to allow people to skip events on the first play through.
Most people would be unlikely to play the game over again for at least a long time.
I think that would only be a viable option, while the game is still a work in progress.
Something useful for the people that restart the game with every new version released.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That's a feature I personally wouldn't want to use. But I am always in favor of giving players more options when possible, and I've seen plenty of people who seem like they do just want to skip some character's events, so that might be an alright way to let them kind of 'ignore' a character they're not interested in. Only problem I see then is that you might get some people complaining about story elements not making sense without paying attention to the fact that they've been skipping half of the cast's events.
For me, the real boon for that would be when I load an older save for something, like going to look at the slave route saves, or trying to look for some bit of trivia, and some event triggers, because you woke up, or walked into the lobby.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
It will make a mess in the program and gameplay. Some events have important decisions in them like starting a new storyline with a side girl, spending or receiving money, increasing or decreasing affection levels. And if someone wants just repeatable sex events - its easier to get a save game where everything is unlocked and upgraded.
No it wouldn't. Those issues can be easily fixed. And yes, it would be easier for that reason. But the point of a skip button is to skip the story of character you don't like.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No it wouldn't. Those issues can be easily fixed. And yes, it would be easier for that reason. But the point of a skip button is to skip the story of character you don't like.
I will be honest, while I would not mind that feature for replay stuff, if I had that from the start, I would have skipped Ashley's story, and never forgiven her for her early on yandariness. Might not care about finding Ren either, and that would be a real tragedy. ;)

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I will be honest, while I would not mind that feature for replay stuff, if I had that from the start, I would have skipped Ashley's story, and never forgiven her for her early on yandariness. Might not care about finding Ren either, and that would be a real tragedy. ;)
Right, it would be a free code or option that unlocks the ability to skip.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
do i have unlimited time to buy sylvia? she said i need to hurry hoping that was just a part of the story tho
Yes. Future story events will prompt you to buy her - but you aren't "rushed" to do so at any point other than when you want to progress. So you can take your time but at some point you will reach a road block until you buy her.

Daddy2k.

Nov 18, 2020
Hi all, my compressed unofficial Android port of Harem Hotel v0.16.2
with Maim Lain Lord Ashram walkthrough, cheats and gallery mod.
Will update apk when Lord Ashram does the mod (will be small)
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Note: Quick Menu is not always active, swipe up on the screen to access the game menu if you need to.

Special Instructions:

Unzip and install apk.
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!
On first run you will get a prompt to copy the archive.rpa file to "documents/Wills747/harem.hotel/game" folder.
(game will quit now)
Copy the rpa file to the directory indicated in game.
Restart the game.
Keep in mind if your default install location is an actual SD card and slow speed this may slow the launch.

Keep archive.rpa, I'll likely use it for future updates to keep the apk size small.

Advise keeping gl2 disabled unless you have a PowerVR gpu or experiance video problems.
16.0 incl 16.0 rpa and apk files:
Mega

16.2 apk update:
(16.0 rpa NEEDS to be installed!)
Mega
(84Mb)
I have reuploaded

Craigdon97

May 27, 2022
Yes. Future story events will prompt you to buy her - but you aren't "rushed" to do so at any point other than when you want to progress. So you can take your time but at some point you will reach a road block until you buy her.
thats good cuz 7000 is gonna take a bit of time lol

Vignari

Mar 24, 2020
thats good cuz 7000 is gonna take a bit of time lol
It takes a little bit to get the ball rollin', but if you get the bar all set up (you can ask Ellen for advice on what to upgrade next in the lobby) you start making a ton of money. Especially if the game glitches like it did for me once and randomly doubles your money

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Here is some advice to all new players...

DON'Ts:
Don't rush! There is no need to do a speed run, it will hurt you in the end.
Don't try to get through all the story content as fast as possible.
Don't try to stick with just one girl in a harem.

DOs:
Do take your time, and try everything, smell the roses as it were, there is a lot of content that is not part of the story, enjoy yourself.
Do all of the stories, even if you don't like the girl, skip the sex stuff if you want, but follow the story.
And of course, Do upgrade the bar ASAP.

Take your time and enjoy all the game has to offer, and you will find you rarely are in need for anything.

And last but not least...

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Here is some advice to all new players...

DON'Ts:
Don't rush! There is no need to do a speed run, it will hurt you in the end.
Don't try to get through all the story content as fast as possible.
Don't try to stick with just one girl in a harem.

DOs:
Do take your time, and try everything, smell the roses as it were, there is a lot of content that is not part of the story, enjoy yourself.
Do all of the stories, even if you don't like the girl, skip the sex stuff if you want, but follow the story.
And of course, Do upgrade the bar ASAP.

Take your time and enjoy all the game has to offer, and you will find you rarely are in need for anything.

And last but not least...
And don't forget the head pats.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes