TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well, I think Devian's pretty much claimed just the top of Lin's head, so I guess blowjobs would still be okay. I've been thinking of claiming Lin's elbows since Runey hasn't implemented a counter for patting them (yet) so I'm certain Devian wouldn't have much interest in them.
Well, to be fair, hugs and kisses are catching up, now that we can do that. XD
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Vignari

Mar 24, 2020
Lin, being the oldest, could gain more coordination, more awareness of herself as the most mature person invoved, the 'adult,' at least inside the Hotel and among the group. Id like to see her dress in larger clothing, along with a larger personality.
The only problem I have with that is that in Harem Hotel (and many fantasy tropes) elves develop mentally a lot slower than humans. I don't remember how old Lin was, but I'm pretty sure the way she's talked to by other elves, it's implied that she is still very young for an elf, almost still a 'child' (I'd wager she's roughly 18 or 19 in human years). So, Lin isn't exactly mature like that yet, despite being far older than any of the non-elves in the hotel.

Reactions: KonfinedKnat

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
The only problem I have with that is that in Harem Hotel (and many fantasy tropes) elves develop mentally a lot slower than humans. I don't remember how old Lin was, but I'm pretty sure the way she's talked to by other elves, it's implied that she is still very young for an elf, almost still a 'child' (I'd wager she's roughly 18 or 19 in human years). So, Lin isn't exactly mature like that yet, despite being far older than any of the non-elves in the hotel.
IIRC, Lin is around 300 years old physically but I think Runey said that she's "mentally" somewhere around the human equivalent of the early twenties.

Reactions: TheDevian

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
She is very much "young" in terms of elves and it is shown repeatedly.

Lin is insanely naive in terms of world views with elves and also very insecure in her own "world". She views the MC originally as a possible scare, because she's not sure she can please him without sex to be allowed to stay at the hotel and then initially hostile towards Kali / Android because they appear potentially "sexier"(Kali filling in while she's sick) or more "useful"(Android can actually follow microwave directions for cooking) to what she potentially offers the MC.

In all honesty, even towards the late game story elements, she's still very naive in how she thinks she can potentially "fix" something if she can just X/Y/Z. She fails with the false queen. She fails with the real queen. She shows up alone, with a 6-shot revolver to save the MC after he's kidnapped (weapon could be due to game limitations). She hopes with the support she/MC/Kali gives the tribal elves that they can break free from their instigators.

She is very fortunate to have the support circle she has, as she's managed to avoid a lot of the scarier slave owners that exist. While I'm very fond of her, I still think her love for the MC is more on the immature side and virtually every npc that comes along reminds her of her naviety minus maybe Autumn who is nearly as bad.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
every person in this story could benefit from a new personality archetype

Lin, being the oldest, could gain more coordination, more awareness of herself as the most mature person invoved, the 'adult,' at least inside the Hotel and among the group. Id like to see her dress in larger clothing, along with a larger personality.
Kali could lose a little of the geeky awkwardness, and either shift towards a calm businesswoman personality, or a affectionate seductress
Yandzilla could plan for motherhood maturely, rather than with frantic neediness
Maria could either embrace the idea of being the property of someone she trusts, or become a gentle supporter of fleeing and displaced elves and others who are rejected
Android I'm not sure, perhaps something related to real world permanence, since discovering mortality is very odd for a machine, or perhaps a secret steward of emerging intelligences. Maybe this is too serious for her, and she just needs a cute hobby that she takes far too seriously.
F+E I can't see them doing anything except getting serious about petplay. Perhaps a clothing business, but eventually maturing into hotel management
Churchlady is still developing narratively, so I'm not sure, but I actually think politics would suit her better than religion.
Looks like you have a good start to the development of your very own game.
Let us know when you get it done!

I get that HH isn’t quite up to your expectations… however … If I was in your shoes I would have framed my comments differently.
maybe list a few things that you enjoyed or that you think are done well vs a list of things that you think need changing and that could have been summed up under a heading of …

“This is how you screwed up your characters and your 4+ years of work has minimal value.”

Just a thought.

Last edited:

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Cool story, once he’s written and published a successful game based on his own characters I’ll take his pronouncements about what should have been done with the characters with slightly more importance than my used toilet paper.

Constructive feedback is nice, telling someone they did it wrong and to rewrite a many year project is not constructive criticism. It is pompous blather.

Edit: damnit. Just noticed the post total of the poster. It’s just a alt account troll. That’s what I get for just reading the quote.

Last edited:

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Cool story, once he’s written and published a successful game based on his own characters I’ll take his pronouncements about what should have been done with the characters with slightly more importance than my used toilet paper.

Constructive feedback is nice, telling someone they did it wrong and to rewrite a many year project is not constructive criticism. It is pompous blather.
Yep Exactly!!

My response to him was mostly me laughing in a creative way but MAYBE they might look at their posting from a more human-like viewpoint.

That was his very first post here … so it’s either a troll account or someone that has issues of some sort.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Looks like you have a good start to the development of your very own game.
Let us know when you get it done!

I get that HH isn’t quite up to your expectations… however … If I was in your shoes I would have framed my comments differently.
maybe list a few things that you enjoyed or that you think are done well vs a list of things that you think need changing and that could have been summed up under a heading of …

“This is how you screwed up your characters and your 4+ years of work has minimal value.”

Just a thought.
Yeah, to be honest, I read the first sentence of that post and ignored it. It doesn't seem constructive at first glance. I've just begun ignoring some posts. Other sites might have an issue with letting literal children play these games, but this site has an issue with pure toxicity.

I can tell it has something to do with personalities though. Every character grows and won't end in the same place they started. Lin is gaining confidence and independence, which is something she has never had in her life. Just one example.

jocoyo

May 9, 2018
is there any walkthrough to the game besides the walkthrough mod?
Honestly this isn't the type of game where you really need a walkthrough. The game will outright tell you if a choice will put you off a side character's path, but other than that, you have to see every scene to progress the story.

The only times I can think of where a walkthrough would be helpful is that there are certain story scenes (maybe like 4?) that have bonus content if you levelled up a certain stat (anal, exhibitionism, etc) with that specific character. I suppose the wiki would be helpful for that.

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019
Honestly this isn't the type of game where you really need a walkthrough. The game will outright tell you if a choice will put you off a side character's path, but other than that, you have to see every scene to progress the story.

The only times I can think of where a walkthrough would be helpful is that there are certain story scenes (maybe like 4?) that have bonus content if you levelled up a certain stat (anal, exhibitionism, etc) with that specific character. I suppose the wiki would be helpful for that.
What is with you people and walkthroughs. Have you tried playing the game in a way that isn't goal oriented? Be curious and walk around and check stuff out. Do you need your hand held during a visual novel?

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes