TamreeFugar

May 14, 2021
Marie yes, Lin no if you look inside the residence you will see Cornwall talking to some people so the elf in the maid outfit is probably one of his (Ahem) slaves;)

Nov 10, 2023
Marie yes, Lin no if you look inside the residence you will see Cornwall talking to some people so the elf in the maid outfit is probably one of his (Ahem) slaves;)
Damn, that's Cornwall? I didn't recognized him from that distance! I was thinking that maybe it is him, but he was too far away, I wasn't sure, I was thinking that it looks too young to be Cornwall, it could be some other guy in ugly suit. Now when I know that, if I remember it correctly, his wife, had her hair in a bun, so the other person could be his wife, but who is third person?

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Yes, things will get back to normal but will this thread forever remain the deadly minefield in which it was turned into?

And by saying that I probably detonated some mines and I will get some angry reactions, so anyway, let's talk about the image that Runey posted on Patreon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The elves head is not flat enough to be Lin's.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Public betas are treated as regular updates, closed betas depend on patrons leaking them first which doesn't happen as frequently.

And anyway, betas are usually more trouble than it's worth. I can recall one such incident with Lucky Paradox, it had a beta version leaked which the dev explicitly said would break save compatibility. You can imagine what happened when the next official release dropped.
I remember when someone leaked a beta of this game, once. The amount of posts clogging the thread about broken saves and things was ridiculous. Small closed betas allow devs to get feedback and correct things before a public release. Making a beta public shows that not enough people will see that it is beta or understand what that means, and it just becomes chaos.

TamreeFugar

May 14, 2021
I should probably learn to keep my mouth shut and not post things that trigger mines.
I really wouldn't be bothered by it as long as it's not something really stupid or derogatory, I know the mods clean up these threads from time to time but they are usually pretty forgiving on a lot of things besides that if someone on the thread gets under your skin just hit ignore and keep on truckin' ;)

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
It is not uncommon for alpha and beta builds to break save files.
Meaning, that if you try to use those save files later, in the full release, it might make the game crash.
For that reason, Runey does not post beta builds here.
And a lot of people are happy with that decision.

Because if they were posted here, then the regulars would have to deal with the screaming from people who were trying to use those save files that were created in the beta.
And possibly things that won't even show up in the full release, because the testers, who are the ones who have access to the beta builds, know not to make save files, and already reported the problem.

Not to mention the fact that if you played the beta, you would have to play the full release of it anyway, because content may have been added or changed, that was not in the beta.
Which is one of the issues that can lead to broken save files.

Beta builds: A test to see if things are working out the way that the dev wants them to.
If they don't, then things get changed, and save files are broken...
Yeah, that's a good decision, really good, I'm more tech literate than most users of this forum (not bragging, this isn't a high bar to pass), but for The Fixer when I stepped away from it for a year or so and downloaded the latest update to check how things are it was a broken mess and I took to the forum pissed off at how butchered it was.

It was a beta version containing only the current update without much else. I've deleted my outburst and learned my lesson, but dealing with a flood of things like this would be hell, especially for game as popular as this one.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2023
I really wouldn't be bothered by it as long as it's not something really stupid or derogatory, I know the mods clean up these threads from time to time but they are usually pretty forgiving on a lot of things besides that if someone on the thread gets under your skin just hit ignore and keep on truckin' ;)

I know. It's just that I am concerned about the safety of the people who are new to this thread. Most of the people on this thread, mostly those who were in this thread for a long time, know where all the old mines from the previous Comment Wars are and how to step without triggering the mines when walking around thread, but some pople, mostly the newcomers, don't know that. I still don't understand why, after The First Comment War, we didn't remove the mines or bury the dead, and why we didn't do it after the next Comment Wars. We just finished one war and started another without burying the dead or removing the mines. And then we started another war. And then another. War after war. And we never buried the dead or remove the mines, we just kept adding more and more dead bodies and mines to this thread with each new war. I mean, back then, before The First Comment War, it was so easy to walk around the thread and we could walk where we wanted, but now this thread is full of dead bodies that nobody burried and mines that nobody removed, so we must walk slowly and carefully. And some areas are even unaccessable. And if we will start another Comment War, there will be more dead bodies and mines. Which mean that more newcomers will step on a mine and explode.

I can't see one on her head, but her ass looks like it might have a mine on it.
There is a mine on her ass? It's probably from the latest Comment War. Somebody should really disable and remove those things.

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
Game was last updated in December. It has not even been 6 months. This game has been shadowbanned for awhile and F95 staff hide updates for it. Has happened to a few games I know of no idea how many I don't know of. They change the "last updated" to year+ then never change it to hide the game from the search results. It is pretty cringe. (proof from the discord)
I am not 100% positive this game was shadowbanned but I know for a fact Corpo Life was.
Alright that does fit since 17.2 was at the time this thread says was last updated. Hard not to be suspicious though when other games definitely are shadow banned. Last patreon post was yesterday though and dev says they hope to release next beta build next week.
A lot of games on this site have beta releases on the OP. I did not check the release number though which this thread is using a year old version. Other games I have seen will release an update and be put at the top of last updated games then like a week later the thread is buried and says last updated over a year ago because the dev said some shit or something and pissed people off.
The reason the betas aren't posted here is because they are actual beta versions that only have some of the game's content and because of that, they will nuke your saves and people don't seem to get that, so they blindly download said versions then blow up on the forums when things get broken because they couldn't read.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
In addition to what was mentioned previously about breaking saves, this game is also 12 gigs. That is the real reason why nobody bothers to leak this game in BETA stages of development.

It's a lot of work and time to upload 12 gigs to the various download sites. Time that is basically wasted because saves don't work and the BETA's aren't complete anyway.

So the incentive, both for F95 and the leaker themselves, just isn't there.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
In addition to what was mentioned previously about breaking saves, this game is also 12 gigs. That is the real reason why nobody bothers to leak this game in BETA stages of development.

It's a lot of work and time to upload 12 gigs to the various download sites. Time that is basically wasted because saves don't work and the BETA's aren't complete anyway.

So the incentive, both for F95 and the leaker themselves, just isn't there.
That, and we don't want to make Runey cry. :cool:

4.70 star(s) 445 Votes