TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I did not know that 18 months was the line. I thought I had seen games marked abandoned at six months without update.

So, is he still collecting donations?
That is not the only way for it to happen, if there is no word from the devs, or if they say it's abandoned, there are other reasons for why it could be marked. And the rules changed over covid.

I would assume so, he has a lot of expenses right now. They are "donations". He is open about what he is doing, and people who want to pause their patronage, they can. But he is still working, the supporters are still getting test builds, things are progressing, it's just slower than we would all like.

BebopPiggo

Jul 22, 2023
I did not know that 18 months was the line. I thought I had seen games marked abandoned at six months without update.

So, is he still collecting donations?
Your skepticism is valid. The abandoned tag is applied at 3 months of no official communication, which Runey knows. He can reset the clock by posting a couple paragraphs and an image on his pateron, which is what he's been doing.

It would be Decemberish before the abandoned tag will come into play, and he'll have the update out over the summer to avoid that.

Funnily enough, he's most active on itch.io, where he can slurp up praise from randos that don't recognize the game is stagnant. I imagine he's doing the same on his discord full of enablers.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
There's a much shorter deadline based on when the dev last made any kind of communication about the project (whether on this forum, their Patreon/Substar/etc., or a public-facing Twitter/Discord/etc. account), I think that's only something like 90 days; the 18 month deadline is for the last time an actual update to the game itself was released. Since Runey hasn't gone incommunicado, he gets the 18 months.

BebopPiggo

Jul 22, 2023
oh so it is somthing that is planed nice
For context, that's several years down the road. There are 7 ('clones' only count as 1) main story girls, and he does 1-3 story events for most of them (1 or 2 are usually skipped) each update. Oh, and there's that empty room that will supposedly contain a final resident, which is an entire story that hasn't even started yet (I suspect he'll actually just ditch it lol).

This was pretty good, when he was active, but he started slowing way down back in 2022. There's no way he's ever going back to more than 2 updates per year, not after he's established that his patrons are gullible dweebs.

So yeah, check back in 2029 or so, if that's the content you're after :KEK:

joe1111

Apr 17, 2018
Check this post, someone has posted a beta version here like 4-5 versions ago and everyone that downloaded it blew up because they didn't read the warnings.

i dont really care either way, but this argument is bugging me a bit. No one is required to play tech support here, Runey least of all, but last i checked this is still a piracy site.

If people dont wanna upload beta versions or whatever, then dont, but acting like thats whats best for the people on this site is cringe.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
If people dont wanna upload beta versions or whatever
They usually don't.
whats best for the people on this site is cringe.
We see the fallout, so lot of people* will coming to the thread and complain about broken saves.

*enough that it disturb the thread from its normal flow. Although their is less and less of the normal thread in here as fairy wing after fairy wing slowly drop to the ground - so perhaps a change of peace is what is needed here?:unsure:

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
The excuse that it breaks saves to release beta content is whatever. You’re welcome to go donate and get access and do whatever you want with it.

I personally would never bother because the alphas and betas are just a few of the event content anyway.

dazedwell

Jul 8, 2019
Yeah, I kind of get what people are complaining about but I don't think it's completely compareable. I clearly remember playing the beta in January or something (from the patreon). Some of these other games I've seen people mention clearly milk their playerbase, remove content, add new content all to keep us subbed to the patreon. All I'm saying is, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes