Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
It's a beautiful day in the internet.
A beautiful day for a headpet.
Would you pat mine?
Could you pat mine?

Won't you meme my neighbor...?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You didn't mention anything about headpats, so no. Also if you would have, then also no, as I 'm not interested in a flat head.:p

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian
Nov 10, 2023
You didn't mention anything about headpats, so no. Also if you would have, then also no, as I 'm not interested in a flat head.:p

But consider this:

TheDevian is rich. Like "really, really, super, insane, how is it even possible to be so rich?" rich. So, joining his harem and getting headpats from him could be a really profitable job. Plus bonuses and rewards for good performance. There are things that only somebody who is rich as him can afford.

• Hey there
  • Haha
Reactions: c3p0 and TheDevian

clawdigy

May 28, 2024
I keep running into an error: `IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/v13/linroomd_jin_fix.webp'.` I thought it was my download, so I downloaded `Harem_Hotel-v0.17.2-mac.zip` all over again, but it's the same problem -- the `images/v13` (and most of the other `images` directories are empty. In fact, the lets you browse the directory and shows the same problem (see img).

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 3.39.31 PM.png

Is there a problem in the source or build process? Should I just download the PC or Android files and merge the assets manually for now?

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
I keep running into an error: `IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/v13/linroomd_jin_fix.webp'.` I thought it was my download, so I downloaded `Harem_Hotel-v0.17.2-mac.zip` all over again, but it's the same problem -- the `images/v13` (and most of the other `images` directories are empty. In fact, the PixelDrain download link lets you browse the directory and shows the same problem (see img).

View attachment 3691022

Is there a problem in the source or build process? Should I just download the PC or Android files and merge the assets manually for now?
Most of the images and videos are inside the *.rpa files you'll find inside the /game/ folder, they're not normally accessible unless you use a tool to unpack them. That's why those folders are mostly empty.

As for that error, it's a known issue. For that particular image, the code refers to it as *.webp but in the release version it's a *.png instead. If you want, you can drop this copy of the image in the /images/v13 folder and the game will be able to load it.

View attachment linroomd_jin_fix.webp

clawdigy

May 28, 2024
Most of the images and videos are inside the *.rpa files you'll find inside the /game/ folder, they're not normally accessible unless you use a tool to unpack them. That's why those folders are mostly empty.

As for that error, it's a known issue. For that particular image, the code refers to it as *.webp but in the release version it's a *.png instead. If you want, you can drop this copy of the image in the /images/v13 folder and the game will be able to load it.

View attachment 3691177
Wow, thank you torresm! Very insightful. Yes, soon after I posted, I figured the assets may have been in the *.rpa files as they're so much bigger in size than other files in the `game/` directory. I was just looking into how to unpack *.rpa files when you responded.

And I appreciate you sharing the file. I'll load that into the game then. How did you find the file in *.webp format if it's only included as *.png in the game assets currently, if you don't mind me asking?

Dringar

Nov 16, 2019
Yes, that is also causing him issues, between moving and dealing with his father's estate, he is having a rough year.
Runey easily one of the most reliable devs on this entire forum IMHO. If dude says he needs slack we should give him slack. Plenty of freeloaders and half ass scammers elsewhere for folks to be bitter with. Runey isnt one of them.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Wow, thank you torresm! Very insightful. Yes, soon after I posted, I figured the assets may have been in the *.rpa files as they're so much bigger in size than other files in the `game/` directory. I was just looking into how to unpack *.rpa files when you responded.

And I appreciate you sharing the file. I'll load that into the game then. How did you find the file in *.webp format if it's only included as *.png in the game assets currently, if you don't mind me asking?
You're welcome!

Oh that part is simple, I extracted the png and used an image editor to convert it to webp. :WeSmart:

Cryptist

Aug 20, 2020
If you follow Runey you will realize that a lot of things are going on in his life from losing his Father (R.I.P.) to immigrating to a new country and moving his entire household belongings in the process, He has a lot on his plate right now. All of us just need to be patient and wait till things settle down & get back to normal. ;)
After 11 months without updates, all those things are just the causes of abandonment.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
After 11 months without updates, all those things are just the causes of abandonment.
And I have facts.

It is NOT abandoned. I was helping him with a scene the other day. He just hasn't had a lot of time to work on it (couple days a week at best), and is trying to work on it while traveling back and forth around the globe and dealing with immigration and lawyers.

Even the arbitrary rules of the site, it takes 18 months without update to get the abandoned tag, and even that doesn't mean the game is actually abandoned, just slow.

Cryptist

Aug 20, 2020
And I have facts.

It is NOT abandoned. I was helping him with a scene the other day. He just hasn't had a lot of time to work on it (couple days a week at best), and is trying to work on it while traveling back and forth around the globe and dealing with immigration and lawyers.

Even the arbitrary rules of the site, it takes 18 months without update to get the abandoned tag, and even that doesn't mean the game is actually abandoned, just slow.
I did not know that 18 months was the line. I thought I had seen games marked abandoned at six months without update.

So, is he still collecting donations?

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes