Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
"When the local Mafia set eyes on the Harem Hotel real estate they thought it'd be easy to force a women only hotel to meet their demands.
They were damn wrong".
"Preorder now to get the Undercover Secret Agent DLC - a new action packed story where the Harem Hotel girls go undercover and infiltrate Mythic City. Their cover isn't the only thing at risk of getting exposed..."

1.png d4.jpg 2.png d9.jpg

random.person

Aug 11, 2017

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
"Preorder now to get the Undercover Secret Agent DLC - a new action packed story where the Harem Hotel girls go undercover and infiltrate Mythic City. Their cover isn't the only thing at risk of getting exposed..."

View attachment 226540 View attachment 226543 View attachment 226541 View attachment 226545
Ahaha, nice, man
I'll definitely board the hype train if that really developed :LOL:

A collab works might be super interesting if written well, though it need good management since each dev already busy as it is
Or some crossover will do too, just like what Lykanz did on his game
Still kinda rare nowadays

Btw Ashley looks really beautiful with that dress, and here I thought both of them were infiltrating into Perverted Hotel :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Construct

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Can't wait to play the new Harem Hotel sequel!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
"When the local Mafia set eyes on the Harem Hotel real estate they thought it'd be easy to force a women only hotel to meet their demands.
They were damn wrong".

View attachment 226540 View attachment 226543 View attachment 226541 View attachment 226545
I hope the ice-cream machine in the lobby turns into a cash shop for microtranscations. I don't have time to grind those stats on my own, just let me throw money at it. Chocolate flavour? Yep, unlocks Buttslut for the small fee of 10$.

And I agree that this outfit looks quite good on Ashley.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Now I could use some help. This error occured while trying to load a save that worked perfectly fine the day before. Where did I screw up?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Now I could use some help. This error occured while trying to load a save that worked perfectly fine the day before. Where did I screw up?
That issue is due to the new event pacing system. I'm not sure why it occurred though.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Was the save made during a particular occurrence? Because the only thing I can guess from that, since I'm not a Ren'Py expert, is that the scene needs an object to be loaded and it probably isn't. It seems the code wants to do some operation using object.Girl, but it cannot find the attribute Girl. Since I don't think the code is bugged, I think the error stems from the fact that this temporary object has not been saved by Ren'Py and now when loading the game finds itself with no object thus no Girl attribute and hangs.
The save was made at the start of a new day, thanks to the reminder to not forget to save. Thank god that's there by the way. I wouldn't save as often as I do.
That issue is due to the new event pacing system. I'm not sure why it occurred though.
That sucks a little bit, because that was one of the saves I put more dedication in stat grinding into. I guess that's my cue to wait for the next update.

Reactions: Runey

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
The save was made at the start of a new day, thanks to the reminder to not forget to save. Thank god that's there by the way. I wouldn't save as often as I do.

That sucks a little bit, because that was one of the saves I put more dedication in stat grinding into. I guess that's my cue to wait for the next update.
Sorry about that! Not something I can fix unfortunately. Although you may have an auto save laying around somewhere...

Reactions: Construct

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Sorry about that! Not something I can fix unfortunately. Although you may have an auto save laying around somewhere...
I don't blame you and the suggestion of an auto save was brilliant. I totally forgot Ren'Py produces those. Saved me a lot of time and I can continue spending time with the girls. Meaning the issue is resolved now.

Reactions: Runey

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I don't blame you and the suggestion of an auto save was brilliant. I totally forgot Ren'Py produces those. Saved me a lot of time and I can continue spending time with the girls. Meaning the issue is resolved now.
Awesome! The daily reminder to save is sort of pointless considering the game auto saves just about ever other day. But not everyone knows about them.

Reactions: DrFog
Sep 4, 2017
Can't wait to play the new Harem Hotel sequel!
They were damn wrong".

I'd play it.
Is there a season pass or a collector's edition? Do we get a waifu of choice model with the latter?
Ahaha, nice, man
I'll definitely board the hype train if that really developed :LOL:

A collab works might be super interesting if written well, though it need good management since each dev already busy as it is
Or some crossover will do too, just like what Lykanz did on his game
Still kinda rare nowadays

Btw Ashley looks really beautiful with that dress, and here I thought both of them were infiltrating into Perverted Hotel :ROFLMAO:
You ruined this by leaving the 'Activision' name on the game. Everything Activision or Electronic Arts touches turns to shit!
I hope the ice-cream machine in the lobby turns into a cash shop for microtranscations. I don't have time to grind those stats on my own, just let me throw money at it. Chocolate flavour? Yep, unlocks Buttslut for the small fee of 10$.

And I agree that this outfit looks quite good on Ashley.
All that talk about sequel is interesting, but I heard that there is already a movie in produciton. It's set in time after the first game, after Kali inherits all her father's legal and "less legal" bussinesses.

Sadly, the posters for the movie are terrible. They hired a complete idiot that sucks at photoshop and art to do their posters. The results are the most terrible movie posters in the universe. As I said, the person who made it is an idiot. I hate that idiot.

EDIT: But we're drifting far off topic here
That is true.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
You're trying to open a v0.5.3 save with the v0.5.2 game. The new event stuff wasn't added until 0.5.3 and the game can't find the files for it since you're using an older version of the game.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
You're trying to open a v0.5.3 save with the v0.5.2 game. The new event stuff wasn't added until 0.5.3 and the game can't find the files for it since you're using an older version of the game.
That might actually be the case. I keep folders with different versions and I might have opened the wrong one. Guess I need to clean up a bit

Reactions: MasterCoyote

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
That might actually be the case. I keep folders with different versions and I might have opened the wrong one. Guess I need to clean up a bit
Not your fault. Ren'Py doesn't give a shit about folder when it comes to saves. Ren'Py games are saved in the local game folder but also elsewhere , so if you have multiple versions of a game you will still access from any of those the saves of all the other versions.
That's why deleting saves in Ren'Py is counterintuitive.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Thread going way off topic but I'll add a few things.

From what I remember the head honcho of Bethesda did an interview in November and when talking about the engine the words he said gave the idea that they were reusing the engine. He talked about how the engine's been modified with time saying how Fallout 76 used new lighting, etc. And then said that for Starfield the engine would suffer more modifications, and ES6 would be even more.

In my opinion, nothing tops EA and Activision's level of shit-tier but the reason, from my understanding, of why people are downgrading their opinion of Bethesda is more to do with the business decisions they're taking (random.guy above gave a few of the decisions) and also how they're treating Fallout 76. At the start, there was a massive lack of feedback from them to the point that they only responded when a patch was released, which took weeks and it was more of the usual message about how they were listening to customer feedback.
Certain features were badly implemented, an example was ultra-wide support. People got it to work by editing a .ini file but the interface was badly stretched so people asked for proper support. Bethesda responded saying they were working on it and then days later they released a patch with the main feature being ultra-wide support. What did the patch do to support it? It simply did what editing the .ini file did which was stretching the image.
Data miners have also found evidence that they're going to add an item that works like loot boxes that can give you things like exp, damage, etc. boosts.
And lastly, the game has a serious cheating problem that Bethesda seems more interested in banning the cheater accounts instead of fixing the problem. There's a duplicating item glitch that works for a long time and all that Bethesda did was ban accounts using it but only the ones doing the glitch, so people would just create a dummy account to use the glitch then send the items to their main account and nothing happened to the accounts that received the items.
Yeah, I heard about that stuff too. Didn't mention it because I didn't want to bore everyone to tears with the shenanigans they pulled off in such a short time.

Also, there's a dev room in the game with all items and people found how to access it. They started banning, but people just sacrificed dummy accounts this time too and just sent the items to their mains. So they got access to all items, even some unreleased ones, and duplicated it, then sold them for money online.

Reactions: MasterCoyote
4.70 star(s) 447 Votes