Jan 28, 2018
Do you have figures for the number of patrons that actually hopped on discord? I fear some would not understand and stop pledging altogether instead of continuing to get the updates on discord.
No, not really. I just watched things happen, so not sure. Mostly I saw that they would post on patreon telling patrons to go to the discord. It might be worth looking into, but still be wary. We don't know. It might work, or it might even make Patreon get their panties in a bunch and try to shut it down anyways. Either way, I hope Runey doesn't get shut down when we're getting a quality project and the premise Patreon's using is pretty bullshit.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Something I think would be worth looking into is a thing I remember other game did. They were also going to get their Patreon shut down, so what they did is they stopped posting the game on patreon as such while still using patreon.

They would post progress updates (leaving aside stuff that was what was going to get them shut down in the first place) but the releases as such were uploaded through a discord server where the creator gave invites to patrons and made it so only he could give out invites. The game itself was no longer on patreon, but the creator was supported through it, and the patrons got server invites for new releases.

I remember that worked as a way of not violating patreon rules, while also being able to receive support. Don't remember who did it particularly but I remember it worked. I think the game was abandoned, but it had nothing to do with getting shut down by patreon or anything of that sort, just creator abandonment.
That sounds great but I feel like it's the sort of thing that would be very temporary.

As soon as a few bigger devs started doing it Patreon would probably crack down on it, I'm sure there's some technical BS in their terms that would allow them to do that.
At the end of the day they're still associated with someone producing content they don't like, even if it's technically not on their website it's probably still bad in their eyes and ultimately the person is getting Patreon money for that content.

I think you'd have to go even deeper and have a false project in place that you can claim the donations are really for. Probably a lot of effort.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Something I think would be worth looking into is a thing I remember other game did. They were also going to get their Patreon shut down, so what they did is they stopped posting the game on patreon as such while still using patreon.

They would post progress updates (leaving aside stuff that was what was going to get them shut down in the first place) but the releases as such were uploaded through a discord server where the creator gave invites to patrons and made it so only he could give out invites. The game itself was no longer on patreon, but the creator was supported through it, and the patrons got server invites for new releases.

I remember that worked as a way of not violating patreon rules, while also being able to receive support. Don't remember who did it particularly but I remember it worked. I think the game was abandoned, but it had nothing to do with getting shut down by patreon or anything of that sort, just creator abandonment.
Isn't that basically similar to what MrDots did with DMD, they completely removed all mention of the game from Patreon leaving only Melody up on there with DMD having it's own website for news etc whilst still allowing people to pledge on patreon, although MrDots supporters can use Patreon, Subscribestar for monthly payments or buy the latest version Humble Bundle.

Maybe it would be an idea for Runey to start moving over to or to at-least make a page over there as a backup and to give supporters a choice if they don't want to use Patreon.

Dante22

Apr 22, 2018
Shit that situation sucks. I really hope Patreon is reasonable but from what i've seen from these types of companies that's unlikely.

We should keep coming with the back-up ideas, i think the code would be the simplest and easier one. If they continue with the claim i think it's worth trying that one first before going for more drastic measures.

Leiyena

Feb 7, 2019
played a fair few games on this site since joining up, this was the 1st i tried and its still by far my favourite, if i could support you in any way i would but finacially i'm kinda fucked xD

this game defo need more hype than what it seems to have atm love the story and scenes that come with it :) and cant wait till the update is open to public ^-^

look forward to see where you lead this game @Runey

Reactions: Runey
Jan 28, 2018
i think the code would be the simplest and easier one.
Ideally that sounds like the best option. Keep her in game, but lock all her lewd content behind the truestory code. Question is will they settle with just that? Or are they going to say she needs to be off the game entirely? Hopefully Runey can do something to appease Patreon's bullshit.

Reactions: Runey

SimpleFapper

Donor
May 4, 2017
Out of Curiosity, Runey. When is the Official v0.6 expected to come out? I'm patiently waiting for that version since you've hyped it up quite a bit.

Aug 16, 2016
To be clear, I'm not suggesting he should 100% switch yet, frankly nothing currently comes close to what Patreon can offer. I'm cautioning to be aware of the trends, diversify his income streams for the game with other outlets like KoFi or Gumroad even though those are currently less desirable they do provide the chance of extra income and some small safety net while giving his supporters more options to chose from than just a subscription model, and to keep an eye out for alternatives because Patreon seems to be getting continually more aggressive in shutting down pages preemptively and there's growing discontent with their censorship which should hopefully drive some competition. I suspect sooner or later most creators in the adult content space and others outside the mainstream of allowable opinions and interests are going to be forced to switch.

BigRay87

Jan 15, 2019
So I forget if the hotel actually has a name in-game, but whenever I mentally refer to it I always pretend I've named it "Harambe Hotel" to have a vague similarity to the game's title. Anyone else made this absurd connection? I'm thinking not. : P

Reactions: Dante22 and Runey

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
@Runey so I just recently tried this game, I was impatiently waiting for update to a game I was following and wanted to ease the wait. Usually a very limited number of games capture my interest (well quality is not quite common) and I'd only list a few games that I like. Harem hotel instantly sky rocketed to the top along with a few handful other games after the initial adjustment phase. I wasn't expecting such a fleshed out and engaging story, with very easy gameplay instead of grind, tons of content. The girls are adorable, especially the clones, all of their personalities are so engaging.

I am not here from the start, so I am not familiar with everything, but it seems that this game got off a great start, and you seem to be a great person. I'd say that this is an idyllic situation, a great game with a great developer, lots of fanbase and supporters, and development is going on full mast ( unlike the epitome of disappointment, I think it's obvious which game I'm referring to), game has great recognition.

That being said, regarding the recent fiasco going on, it's quite a shame, I am just a far bystander not involved in any of these matter, without any say and quite ignorant of what's going on, enjoying your product and grateful for it. I hope I won't be triggering anyone, I recall Jordan Peterson from an interview saying somethin along the lines of that we face two main problems here : that we are mortal and that there is malice in this world, I am so sorry that you are facing this malice right now. All the best for you and may these problems resolve for you, keep on going, find new ways if you have to,and I hope you make many more successful great games like this one .

4.70 star(s) 446 Votes