melancholie

Aug 17, 2018
Why? What would be the point of using a complete save of 0.6.1 to play 0.6.2 when there is no new content, you would be better of starting a new game.
If there is actually no new content, then I will just wait till the mod is done.

Didn't see a changelog for 0.6.2 so I was hoping for something to be added.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Those were old links, Runey recreated the polls but I guess never updated the links on that post.

Thanks, and I kept it to three, as Runey wished. :LOL:

Reactions: Hones

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Why do you guys have to do this to the mods? I said the link I posted here about v0.6.2 was going to be replaced. And now they're going to have to reupload all of those uploads again to add literally 1 picture that somehow didn't make it in to that upload.

@Runey Soooo, all the issues with patreon and ashley is fixed now?
Yep!

@Runey As much as I love the game, would it be possible to get a "reset Ashley" option, (a code on the PC, console command or whatever), so I don't have to replay everything to see the new renders?

I know I can just speed through all the events on a new play-through or open the images directly but it might be something other people with limited time to play find helpful too.

If it could be a "reset character" option, then I'm sure there are people out there who particularly enjoy one characters story arc and would love to replay it.
Unfortunately not, the only way to play through Ashley's new content would be to replay the game from the start (on a separate save file of course) and only focus on Ashley.

Would it be possible to upload a patch for the last Update? I don't have too much data on my mobile plan left :(
(I don't have normal internet at home, only a LTE-Router with limited data)
Actually someone is sort of working on a launcher for Harem Hotel so you can just update the game and only download the new stuff. But It's a while out.

@Runey Sucks to see that patreon is jumping on the "Petite girls can't be legal age" bandwagon.

Really wish outrage culture would stop coming up with stupid arbitrary rules "flat chest = underage" I know plenty of 30+ year olds who are rocking A-cup or no tits at all.
Patreon has made it very clear that it's not about her being petite. Or about her wearing the school uniform. It's about both on one character, which is why they were fine with me changing her outfit.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Why do you guys have to do this to the mods? I said the link I posted here about v0.6.2 was going to be replaced. And now they're going to have to reupload all of those uploads again to add literally 1 picture that somehow didn't make it in to that upload.
I must have missed that post, what image is missing I just started a new game haven't even met Android yet in my new playthrough and I haven't seen anything wrong.

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018
Actually someone is sort of working on a launcher for Harem Hotel so you can just update the game and only download the new stuff. But It's a while out.
that will give you a lot of work xD but i think the guys who upload the game will be very greatful xD the game now is with 2.71GB that take a lot of time to upload xD but when you could make a launcher for that it would be great xD
btw one question you can do a launcher to ren'py? or you need use another software?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I must have missed that post, what image is missing I just started a new game haven't even met Android yet in my new playthrough and I haven't seen anything wrong.
"ashhang1" is missing from the files. It's from her Utility room stuff.

that will give you a lot of work xD but i think the guys who upload the game will be very greatful xD the game now is with 2.71GB that take a lot of time to upload xD but when you could make a launcher for that it would be great xD
btw one question you can do a launcher to ren'py? or you need use another software?
I'm not really sure how it works, a buddy of mine just said it would be possible. But for now, he's working on a website.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
ren'py does have the abilty to do game updates using the , it sounds handy I'm surprised more devs don't use something like that for their games.

Reactions: Scrot

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018
I'm not really sure how it works, a buddy of mine just said it would be possible. But for now, he's working on a website.
hmm that's great :) if it is possible then i think the game is in a good way :D

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018
ren'py does have the abilty to do game updates using the , it sounds handy I'm surprised more devs don't use something like that for their games.
that is interesting i think more developers should use that another day i just downloaded a game with 6GB wtf?? it is a good game but upload 6GB that is insane :/

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
It's because you need to set up a computer as a personal server to upload the files to anyone who is trying to download the update. Essentially, it's like EA having a bunch of servers that their games live on. So for the launcher to work, not only would you need to store the game's content on that server, but the server would also need to handle thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of people updating at the same time.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
that is interesting i think more developers should use that another day i just downloaded a game with 6GB wtf?? it is a good game but upload 6GB that is insane :/
Right but not only that it would also make releasing bug fixes much easier instead of users downloading patches or hotfix releases just push an update to the server and the users gets the update.

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018
It's because you need to set up a computer as a personal server to upload the files to anyone who is trying to download the update. Essentially, it's like EA having a bunch of servers that their games live on. So for the launcher to work, not only would you need to store the game's content on that server, but the server would also need to handle thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of people updating at the same time.
yeah that could be hard and for that you need a really good server.
so for that happen you need people who can handle and mount a good server for you that could handle at least hundreds of updates at same time without the server fail or get to overloaded

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Thats very true I didn't consider that, for some games a server could be hit with a lot of update requests.
Isn't this what you are going to need though?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Thats very true I didn't consider that, for some games a server could be hit with a lot of update requests.
Isn't this what you are going to need though?
Yes, and I believe the person (I don't know if he wants me saying his name) who has offered to host it on his personal server is able to handle all of that.

Reactions: Scrot and Hones

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Yes, and I believe the person (I don't know if he wants me saying his name) who has offered to host it on his personal server is able to handle all of that.
I hope it all works out well, it will make things so much easier not just for those downloading your game but for you when releasing updates and patches as well.

Reactions: Runey
4.70 star(s) 444 Votes