Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
Fair points Runey, but you can’t stop people’s curiosity and neither can you stop them complaining about it all afterwards either. :rolleyes:(y)
You don't go to a restaurant and when the chef is halfway cooking the food you demand him to serve it to you. This is the same, wait until the game is fully cooked and served.

But I gotta say, if the dish had Maria in it, it would be really hard to resist.

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
You don't go to a restaurant and when the chef is halfway cooking the food you demand him to serve it to you. This is the same, wait until the game is fully cooked and served.

But I gotta say, if the dish had Maria in it, it would be really hard to resist.
Way too many people don't bother to read the fine print even if it's in big flashing neon letters. Unfortunately, no matter how many times Runey or anyone else posts warnings about test builds, etc. someone will decide to not listen, download the build, then complain about it "breaking" their game. (It's probably the same people who never think/bother to backup their saves whenever anything resembling a so-called "update" comes out, if not before.)

A dish with Maria in it kinda reminds me of a sushi place I went to years ago where the sushi was served on a naked woman. I think the Health Board complained and made the place change it so the girl had to wear a bikini or similar, but it was still fun. Maybe that could be a bar event in the game?:cool:

Reactions: Mytez

cavaemon

May 29, 2018

which is why I buy a twinky. its soft and filled like me lol

ghost24

Jul 5, 2017
I should really start copy/pasting this...

Beta Builds are buggy, unfinished, unpolished versions of the game that are meant for bug testing and feedback. Stuff that happens in Beta Builds don't represent the final version of the game since some may change. Beta Builds may also break your saves due to stuff being added and changed every week. Beta Builds aren't safe to play, it's always risky when you load one up.
dont get why people dont understand the term Beta or Alpha, there should be a readme post stuck at the top on the latest updates page.

Taken from a Steam Forum which i feel highlights the important aspects of Alpha and Beta phases of a game

Alpha state games are:
-Incomplete basic forms of the game
-Full of bugs
-Unbalanced in some areas (or all)
-Will have major changes at times
-Graphics Artefacts
- And a lot of other inconsistencies with the game that wont be in a full release or even beta state games

Beta state:
Review
-Less bugs and issues
-Better balancing
-quicker hotfixes or updates
-more content (but not all)
-game changes

tldr;
Alpha stage - game/version is sort of a working prototype, definitely filed with bugs
Beta Stage - game/version is more or less 70-90% done but still has bugs in it, which is why sometimes you see certain game companies inviting people to a closed/open beta test.
Note that at both stages the game/version is NOT complete, which is why the words Alpha and Beta are stuck on it

or read the link:

hope this helps

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
I remember a time when Alpha testing was a Paid job.
When a game was put through Beta testing before release.
and the released version had very few bug if any.
These days every game I've played recently is full of bugs, Some of them game breaking, These games are even marked as full release!.
Updates for these games are also few and far between, Usally slower then Runeys and often not adding anything but bug fixing.
I miss the Pre PSX / XBOX console days of games, game quality seemed a lot higher back then.
Almost like the devs actually cared about their games, Not just the bottom dollar.
Ok the graphics were not the best, But game play made up for it.

In saying that i see why @Runey is not releasing an Alpha to the public, and I whole heartedly support his/her discussion.
"Sorry Runey I don't know if you Identify as male, Female, Other or Attack Helicopter"
I'm in the same boat as most of you, I cant wait for the next update.
Its one of the few games on here I actually am excited about new updates for!.
But as we all know good things take time!.

"Is there a Cult of Runey?. If not there should be, Trust in the Runey an update commeth!."

ghost24

Jul 5, 2017
I remember a time when Alpha testing was a Paid job.
When a game was put through Beta testing before release.
and the released version had very few bug if any.
These days every game I've played recently is full of bugs, Some of them game breaking, These games are even marked as full release!.
Agreed, now i feel the only company that cares for their players is CDProjekt Red, even released a butt-load of downloadable content for free as an apology for the delayed release of The Witcher 3

Reactions: Oldtoothlessbasterd
Apr 16, 2019
I remember when 'alpha' was almost unplayable, it was basically coding and testing on the go. Nowadays developers put up games for sale on steam at a 'pre-alpha' state, and then go a year into 'beta'...

randymagnum

Jun 29, 2018
After all of this discussion (again) about alpha and beta versions of the game, the first person to pop up in here bitching about the content of said versions is going to get swarmed liked they whacked a hive with a stick, LOL.

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
After all of this discussion (again) about alpha and beta versions of the game, the first person to pop up in here bitching about the content of said versions is going to get swarmed liked they whacked a hive with a stick, LOL.
Awww But I want the ALPHA, Now now now NOW....
"Assumes the position ready for a spanking"

Reactions: ghost24

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
Jesus fuck this is a pirating site - no other game where the latest (even if "buggy") isn't kept up to date. Just being consistent, though if everyone wants to start crying just because of a request thread they're welcome to keep going.

Reactions: ayyyylmao

Pinguino47

Monster Energy addict.
Donor
Feb 24, 2018
If any of you has the build, share it (publicly or PM) and we'll link it in OP

4.70 star(s) 444 Votes