iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I never really understood while people ask for (or supply, for that matter) android version of these sorts of games.
Filesize alone is going to kill that project, even if you manage to make the UI work on a mobile-screen or whatever other nonsense you have to do.

Android just isn't capable of dealing with this kind of thing. Good on you for keeping it up this long, but if you haven't done it already, I'd run a poll to see how many people even care about the android version , and which percentage of those people can only access the android version. Then just... consider if you'd be better off losing that number of supporters in exchange for not having to fuck around.

I understand Mac or Linux versions, but Android isn't a 'full' operating system, it's near exclusively used for mobile-stuff, which is why it has all these crippling limitations. Because it's not intended for use on anything that doesn't have a mobile-sized screen or mobile-tier specs.

If you want to play games, get a real computer. Even a cheap one.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
If they're wearing their slut outfit in the lobby, they might ask for sex.
You mean if you ask them what they want to do?
But nevertheless: Sweet, that means there's content that I haven't seen yet! :LOL:

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I never really understood while people ask for (or supply, for that matter) android version of these sorts of games.
Filesize alone is going to kill that project, even if you manage to make the UI work on a mobile-screen or whatever other nonsense you have to do.

Android just isn't capable of dealing with this kind of thing. Good on you for keeping it up this long, but if you haven't done it already, I'd run a poll to see how many people even care about the android version , and which percentage of those people can only access the android version. Then just... consider if you'd be better off losing that number of supporters in exchange for not having to fuck around.

I understand Mac or Linux versions, but Android isn't a 'full' operating system, it's near exclusively used for mobile-stuff, which is why it has all these crippling limitations. Because it's not intended for use on anything that doesn't have a mobile-sized screen or mobile-tier specs.

If you want to play games, get a real computer. Even a cheap one.
I don't enjoy the procress of making Android builds, but Android users alone have as many or more users than PC/Linux/Mac combined. UI isn't that hard. In fact most of it isn't. It just takes nearly an hour to build it (compared to the PC/Mac versions that take like 10 minutes) and I have to micromanage the filesize on Android.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Some people don't have private pc's and/or don't want to lug a computer around everywhere, and appreciate the convenience. You don't have to be a pompous ass about it.
How many places other than your home do you play sex games? :oops:
Here are the stats from Harem Hotel's Itch.io page.

Does that include all of the download locations, like from here, or just the ones from the main links?

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Just from itch.io
I'm sure just trying to locate all of the possible pirate/download spots would be nearly impossible, but I'd assume the percentages wouldn't be much different. Let's face it, more and more people are just about living on their phones nowadays, so the numbers don't really surprise me that much. I've played games on PCs for about as long as there've been PCs so definitely cringe at the trend, but that may be because I think phone gamers are slightly lower than console gamers who discovered fire only recently.:p

How many places other than your home do you play sex games? :oops:
I've played sex games in many places, but those usually don't involve a computer.;)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Just from itch.io
That could be partly why then, not to knock the number android users, but I suspect it could be a bit different if all of the download links were able to be included. The poll for patrons might be the best way to know then. For example, I don't like to use mega due to the low transfer limits (several gig and you have to wait), so I like to wait for them to reupload it here.

Not saying anything about the change or not, do what you think is best there, I won't be complaining either way, but that seems to the best way to get an accurate reading of what your supporters use.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Please be civil in your disagreements.

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
I don't enjoy the procress of making Android builds, but Android users alone have as many or more users than PC/Linux/Mac combined. UI isn't that hard. In fact most of it isn't. It just takes nearly an hour to build it (compared to the PC/Mac versions that take like 10 minutes) and I have to micromanage the filesize on Android.
iamnuff

Appreciate it that you do take the time to make an android version - I play most of these games on my PC - but the convenience of being able to play on a tablet while you're out on the road (I travel a lot for work and spend way too much time in rinky dink hotels in the middle of nowhere on assignment) is a good time filler haha (y)

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes