Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
(also, using the keyboard to click on things in ren'py is time consuming and problematic at best)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Of course it's difficult to use it for some games but find it helpful in most, when I want to rest the right hand for a while(CTS). 2-4-6-8 for navigation, numEnter to select+skip, + - for rollback. Should be fairly straight forward to move this over to wasd or similar.

holyassz

Oct 5, 2017
F how do i rollback this upgrade? "Always Look!" i suddenly upgraded it and now moons always saying i have to learn Always look , before i can spank her on level 3 im at level 2/10

Fridolin0815

May 4, 2019
F how do i rollback this upgrade? "Always Look!" i suddenly upgraded it and now moons always saying i have to learn Always look , before i can spank her on level 3 im at level 2/10
Try to go to the Reception, "upgrade" "Bar Upgrade" Training

29fastly

May 23, 2018
Honestly I don't know why, but this game's thread seems to be chalked full of people creating problems for themselves and ignoring instructions.
Willful ignorance is a form of bratting, so they're all just masochists begging for punishment.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
You know you have a problem when you want to answer the question "Have you beaten the game?" with "Other: It's not complete yet."

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Neither of which take/took real advantage of the Unity engine. Besides the unity version of Big Brother is abandoned while the Renpy port is still moving ahead (abet slowly) Never mind technical standpoint doesn't really tell you much as it can be in spite of the engine's limitations as much as due to the advantages of the engine.
Granted the Unity version did get cancelled as a direct result of the Patreon inquisition against incest, not the project itself being too difficult to handle for the dev.

Reactions: TheDevian

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Or you could end up with something like Man of the House, or even Big Brother, which was at least good from a technical standpoint.
Both MotH and BB could have easily been done in Ren'Py. Neither do anything that stresses the engine.

I would argue that they would have been better in Ren'Py - both can have some annoying technical support issues. And you get Mac/Linux versions for free by clicking the right checkboxes. Plus you get save anywhere and rollback.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Aww shit, I get to use this one again! :LOL:

I know she punches your lights out if you ignore her when she says enough, just wondering if not continuing from the first set of each scene, before you even get the keep going option, has an impact. Right now, I'm on the scene where she entered my room after the 9th spanking session and she is freaking pissed that I edged her. I didn't know if something different happens if I just don't continue or if I continue until she punches me.

You need to keep going until she knocks you out a few times to advance.
I'm the same as sillyrobot, I did try the full knocked out sequence once, thought I might have gone too far, reverted back to the initial spanking scene, and only went up to the second set of spanks, the one right before she punches you, and she's now in my room because I didn't let her get off.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Besides the unity version of Big Brother is abandoned while the Renpy port is still moving ahead (abet slowly).
Except it was not abandoned due to the engine, it was the story. Where as the new one is complete unplayable garbage so far.
Both MotH and BB could have easily been done in Ren'Py. Neither do anything that stresses the engine.

I would argue that they would have been better in Ren'Py - both can have some annoying technical support issues. And you get Mac/Linux versions for free by clicking the right checkboxes. Plus you get save anywhere and rollback.
I have to disagree, just because it doesn't 'stress the engine', doesn't make it bad. The simple fact that it is not filling my SSD C:\ up with useless redundant saves makes it far superior to me, even if you can't save in or roll back conversations.
You can get the other versions of a game in unity in the other OSs as well, also with the click of the right things.

As a dyslexic person trying to make games, even if Ren'Py didn't upset me with its shitty saving to hidden files on C no matter where you put the game itself, working in it was a nightmare. I worked for days, and could not even manage to get my buttons moved, but in unity, it was easy.

Both engines have their good and bad points, but most of the problems with unity can be fixed if you know how to code, where is with Ren'py, they are either hard baked into the system and are not changeable, or they take ten times the work to get the same result, especially if you want to have minigames.

I want everyone to use what they want, but personally, I will stick to the one that is easier for me to use, and prepares me for the future games I want to make, as opposed to one that is only good for one thing. But to be honest, I hate Ren'Py, and all the extra work it makes for me, cleaning up its mess, between it and Daz filling my C:\ without permission, I ended up having to buy a new drive because you can't fill an SSD, or it ruins it.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
I ended up having to buy a new drive because you can't fill an SSD, or it ruins it.
It doesn't ruin it, but performance will drop as free blocks run out and only partially filled blocks remain. Some drives overprovision to help mitigate this effect.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 444 Votes