WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
You never know what someone's financial situation is and what their needs are. With all due respect, it's pretty presumptuous on your part to suggest he should have enough for something when you've not seen the man's checkbook. I think you should leave other people's business alone in that regard.

Totally cool to discuss coding but I think you went too far there, friend.
Lmfao you're completely insane.

Lolzi

Dec 16, 2018
Runey, tip from a nobody: If you're going back through from start to finish, add in some new content. That way people won't grumble quite so much (as they don't see the bug fixes).

Additionally... this is your 'first' game. Can you do a none-bdsm (or at least a bdsm optional) next time? Harem Hotel had been my favorite go to game way back when, unfortunately I got around the Jin/Lin area and that was it for me, felt like I'd segfaulted out of the game.

M A R B L E

Mar 25, 2019
I'm still rooting for the girl in the wheelchair that Runey showed off a while back to be the next main girl.
Wait, there was a small "leak" a while a go. if you can find it again. can you please send it? (you can do it through PM's if you like)

Sep 4, 2018
Wait, there was a small "leak" a while a go. if you can find it again. can you please send it? (you can do it through PM's if you like)
Well, the thing I'm talking about wasn't a leak. At least, I don't think it was since Runey was the one who posted it. He talks about it in this post here. I don't know if his intention for that character was to be a main or side character, but I really want her to be a main one.

Reactions: TheDevian

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Well, the thing I'm talking about wasn't a leak. At least, I don't think it was since Runey was the one who posted it. He talks about it in this post here. I don't know if his intention for that character was to be a main or side character, but I really want her to be a main one.
I want her in it too, but she wouldn't be in the 8th room... it's upstairs; so unless Runey installs a lift?

M A R B L E

Mar 25, 2019
I want her in it too, but she wouldn't be in the 8th room... it's upstairs; so unless Runey installs a lift?
Yeah, thats true. or you could like get a upgrade for the hotel for a stairlift. and I would like to see her in the game as well ! (and for some reason she gave of a Maria vibe lmao)
Ps: thanks for quoting the post

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
You want the wheelchair girl to go up 2-3 flights of stairs?!?!?! :ROFLMAO:

I just thought of something, maybe there already IS an elevator, it's just on the side of the building we can't see in the lobby (or general floors)!?!?!?! :eek:

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018
You want the wheelchair girl to go up 2-3 flights of stairs?!?!?! :ROFLMAO:

I just thought of something, maybe there already IS an elevator, it's just on the side of the building we can't see in the lobby (or general floors)!?!?!?! :eek:
Hey, man, if the sex is good enough, who wouldn't crawl up a couple flight of stairs for it?

• Haha

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
Yeah, that's the main mistake I made programming that. I just didn't know how else to do it, now I do though.

I actually hit the max file size for HH's script in Atom so I had to separate it into more files, such as clone_events, ash_events, and the newly added lin_events script files. It's another thing I just didn't consider because I was new at it.

I'm not making these mistakes anymore, at least not that I know of. I just don't see a point in fixing something that isn't broken in this case.
Save it for the sequel
Harem Hotel 2: The Legend of Lin's Gold

• Haha

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Hey, man, if the sex is good enough, who wouldn't crawl up a couple flight of stairs for it?
I've seen enough "As Seen on TV" to know you can install an electric chair assist for the mobility impaired.
It's not beyond reason for that to be added.

I just hope the MC never takes her to the BDSM closet. As that would add a whole new meaning to gimp suit.

Tristrix

Jun 30, 2019
I've seen enough "As Seen on TV" to know you can install an electric chair assist for the mobility impaired.
It's not beyond reason for that to be added.

I just hope the MC never takes her to the BDSM closet. As that would add a whole new meaning to gimp suit.

• Haha
Reactions: imzahai

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
If you find this game amaizing because of the story, like myself, and if you are open to something else, you might give Summertime Saga a try. I came from there. I find both games equally outstanding.
Has anyone "fixed" the incest issue that started because of Patreon? I left the second the dev bowed to their demands and never looked back, hoping it would be made right again.

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
Has anyone "fixed" the incest issue that started because of Patreon? I left the second the dev bowed to their demands and never looked back, hoping it would be made right again.
The fact that there is no incest in Harem Hotel Is one of the reasons i like it, shits gross yo (3 ways with a pair of sisters twin or otherwise however quite hot)

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
What incest issue? If you are talking about the twins, there is a code to put into the computer that 'fixes that'

• Thinking Face

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
What incest issue? If you are talking about the twins, there is a code to put into the computer that 'fixes that'
I think they mean for Sumertime and the answer as with everthing is there's a patch for that too.
The fact that there is no incest in Harem Hotel Is one of the reasons i like it, shits gross yo (3 ways with a pair of sisters twin or otherwise however quite hot)
Not talking about Harem Hotel, I was responding to srksrk 68's mention of Summertime Saga, a game I used to follow before Patreon got to them for two characters being a mother and sister to the protagonist. I pulled out not because of the change in relation itself, but because he bowed so severely. The case that happened here was not nearly to the severity of Summertime Saga as a mere costume change does nothing while an entire relationship change, for two characters mind you, changes the story drastically. However, on the subject of Harem Hotel itself, there would be an issue if and when the sister gets added unless there won't be NSFW content for her involving the protagonist. Remember that Runey is a patreon dev, so even the mere mention of incest being planned for addition could get him reviewed, again. He has to be extremely careful on that particular character. It's good to hear there is a patch, finally. There hadn't been for a while when I left.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018
Not talking about Harem Hotel, I was responding to srksrk 68's mention of Summertime Saga, a game I used to follow before Patreon got to them for two characters being a mother and sister to the protagonist. I pulled out not because of the change in relation itself, but because he bowed so severely. The case that happened here was not nearly to the severity of Summertime Saga as a mere costume change does nothing while an entire relationship change, for two characters mind you, changes the story drastically. However, on the subject of Harem Hotel itself, there would be an issue if and when the sister gets added unless there won't be NSFW content for her involving the protagonist. Remember that Runey is a patreon dev, so even the mere mention of incest being planned for addition could get him reviewed, again. He has to be extremely careful on that particular character. It's good to hear there is a patch, finally. There hadn't been for a while when I left.
There will definitely be sexual content with the sister character, However, the most likely thing would be that playing without the incest code will make her the "childhood best friend" trope, and activating the incest code will make her your sister.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
There will definitely be sexual content with the sister character, However, the most likely thing would be that playing without the incest code will make her the "childhood best friend" trope, and activating the incest code will make her your sister.
That's probably the best course of action, the same way the twins are coded. It's already used once before, so he has experience with this method of avoiding the potential trouble and even has an example within the code to work from or, my favorite method in my own projects that I do for myself, copy and paste the entire block and simply change certain variable names so they don't conflict and trigger the twins when the sister is supposed to be triggered or the other way around.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes