Draxeid

Oct 14, 2018
Runey... Runey... Runey... why are u so good at this... i honestly can´t believe this is your first attempt at writing a game xD
I´ve just got the newest patch V0.8 and i´ve already fallen in love with the characters... (AGAIN) i absolutely love the comedy and the emotions that come from this and i absolutely love the new character (Hana) and i honestly hope that she becomes a resident at the hotel just cause of how awesome she is and cause of all the shenanigans with her and the other girls that can come up from that xD (Also i really wanna spend a lot of time with her and get to know her better :D) This patch gets you an SSS! from me Keep the amazingly great work up Runey.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Finally an update with the Fakku situation
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The good news is, none of us use honey select unlimited. There may not be anything Patreon can do because of that.

So they're claiming you used something in your posts on Patreon rather than in the game itself?

That part where they say : "If we have trouble determining the extent of the potential infringement on your page, we may suspend your account until all claimed materials have been removed." sounds just super and potentially troublesome. You may end up dealing with retards who don't know wtf they're doing / what the difference is. Did they actually list anything for you?

First it's the morality police, now these assholes...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
How is my luck i lost about $300 to advertising before giving up. Btw do you have somewhere were you have the bugs you already know about written down. I have seen some while playing but i don't wont to let you know about the same thing as other people already have.
I have had strings of bad luck as well, and computers can do funny things with 'random'. If you get a bad run, you might try reloading the save (or scroll back), see if you get a better shot, though I am not sure when the random thing decided, most of them tend to be right before it shows.
Finally an update with the Fakku situation

The good news is, none of us use honey select unlimited. There may not be anything Patreon can do because of that.
Hard to say, the 'studio neo' part might give them some leverage, good luck. Worst case, my suggestion would be to try the studio that comes with Play Home, or one of the others, the seem to work about the same, you should be able to use all of your assets, and you can honestly say you are not using anything they distribute.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Hard to say, the 'studio neo' part might give them some leverage, good luck. Worst case, my suggestion would be to try the studio that comes with Play Home, or one of the others, the seem to work about the same, you should be able to use all of your assets, and you can honestly say you are not using anything they distribute.
That isn't the impression I got, from the way it is worded it's my understanding that the studio neo claim is only valid if used in conjunction with honey select unlimited extend not when used with illusions jp version of honey select, I don't believe just because a dev is using studio neo gives fakku a valid claim.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Runey and TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Honey Select Unlimited is the base game from Fakku. Honey Select Unlimited Extend + Studio Neo is their DLC. So, "Honey Select Unlimited Extend + Studio Neo" is the DLC name.

Basically I use none of their products. This copyright claim is coming from someone who actually has done no research into what I do.

From my understanding, which should be taken with a grain of salt, Fakku made a false copyright claim. I googled around, and I found this

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That isn't the impression I got, from the way it is worded it's my understanding that the studio neo claim is only valid if used in conjunction with honey select unlimited extend not when used with illusions jp version of honey select, I don't believe just because a dev is using studio neo gives fakku a valid claim.
While I agree with you in principal, and I am not saying they would have a "valid" claim, but to prevent any confusion or problems, it just seemed like a wise choice from my perspective. You know how Patreon can be, and FAKKU is known for shady shit. To me, it's just best not to take any chances, but I haven't messed with both studios too much, so I can't say exactly how easy such a switch would actually be. I just know games like Headmaster are made in it, and it looks pretty close.

Hell, you could even just say you use the play home one, and who would even know the difference. :unsure:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hey guys, can someone please tell me when the "Sleep with someone" option becomes available? I mean, there is never a girl in the list, only option for me ie "back". I am playing quite some time now, Ashley has friendship 26 for example. What are the triggers here?

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
While I agree with you in principal, and I am not saying they would have a "valid" claim, but to prevent any confusion or problems, it just seemed like a wise choice from my perspective. You know how Patreon can be, and FAKKU is known for shady shit. To me, it's just best not to take any chances, but I haven't messed with both studios too much, so I can't say exactly how easy such a switch would actually be. I just know games like Headmaster are made in it, and it looks pretty close.

Hell, you could even just say you use the play home one, and who would even know the difference. :unsure:
Shit could get spooky. Runey is an American with English honey select, fakku has exclusive distribution rights....

HSU also has a thing banning mods in their TOS, no idea about the Japanese version because I don't speak it.

This might because a shit storm still, there's a lot of legal bullshit they could pull out of their asses. Good luck Runey, hope you don't need it.

Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Hey guys, can someone please tell me when the "Sleep with someone" option becomes available? I mean, there is never a girl in the list, only option for me ie "back". I am playing quite some time now, Ashley has friendship 26 for example. What are the triggers here?
Some of those are locked out when events that require you to be asleep with no one come up.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Shit could get spooky. Runey is an American with English honey select, fakku has exclusive distribution rights....

HSU also has a thing banning mods in their TOS, no idea about the Japanese version because I don't speak it.

This might because a shit storm still, there's a lot of legal bullshit they could pull out of their asses. Good luck Runey, hope you don't need it.
Fakku owns Honey Select Unlimited, not Honey Select. Unless there's some information I don't yet know, they cannot file this copyright claim against me, it may actually be quite illegal.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Fakku owns Honey Select Unlimited, not Honey Select. Unless there's some information I don't yet know, they cannot file this copyright claim against me, it may actually be quite illegal.
Fakku might not know you know that and this is a simple scare tactic, or they might have legal representation of Illusions (right?) assets in the Americas. Patreon probably knows just as much as you do but maybe I'm underestimating them.

All I know for certain is if Harem Hotel and Mythic Manor die off we'll be losing two of my favorite games.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Fakku might not know you know that and this is a simple scare tactic, or they might have legal representation of Illusions (right?) assets in the Americas. Patreon probably knows just as much as you do but maybe I'm underestimating them.

All I know for certain is if Harem Hotel and Mythic Manor die off we'll be losing two of my favorite games.
Last thing I heard from Fakku was that they were going to license me. A week or so later, Jacob becomes very pissed (I wont give out any details, but it didn't involve me). Now, I get this copyright notice. This whole thing stinks of tantrum throwing child who wants his way.

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
This whole thing stinks of tantrum throwing child who wants his way.
That was to be expected from Jacob.

I cannot take the lad's accusations seriously, therefore I cannot take this mail seriously as well.
If you want my opinion HH's future nor Runey's is really in Danger, Worst case Scenario Patreon's staff is being trash as always and suspend Runey anyway, sending him to another fund collecting website.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Last thing I heard from Fakku was that they were going to license me. A week or so later, Jacob becomes very pissed (I wont give out any details, but it didn't involve me). Now, I get this copyright notice. This whole thing stinks of tantrum throwing child who wants his way.
That is the kind of thing I generally expect out of Fakku. :cautious:

Reactions: preglovr12

erkper

May 16, 2018
Sounds kinda like someone who knew the law told him to fuck off, so now he's using a threat against Patreon to try to trick/force some of you to pay him to go away before everyone else learns what happened. I find in some of these kind of situations, delay, stall, and wait are 3 of the best options available.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
My only worry is that middle paragraph about them being "unable to determine".

Try explaining or convincing some bozo at patreon the difference between the assests. You're likely just going to end up confusing them as if you were talking to some 90 year old about modern tech.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Some of those are locked out when events that require you to be asleep with no one come up.
I don't understand that. I am on day 81 and have the bar complete and everything, have been flying to Kali's dad and boinked her sister, all the main girls have moved in, and stats are not the highest but also not low. However, not a single night I was able to invite a girl to sleep with, and I tried every night. There were plenty of nights without "events that require you to be asleep with no one"...

4.70 star(s) 446 Votes