alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That isn't the impression I got, from the way it is worded it's my understanding that the studio neo claim is only valid if used in conjunction with honey select unlimited extend not when used with illusions jp version of honey select, I don't believe just because a dev is using studio neo gives fakku a valid claim.
It doesn't, Fakku is only a distributor. Only Illusion has the ability to call copyright infringement.

Reactions: TheDevian

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Sounds kinda like someone who knew the law told him to fuck off, so now he's using a threat against Patreon to try to trick/force some of you to pay him to go away before everyone else learns what happened. I find in some of these kind of situations, delay, stall, and wait are 3 of the best options available.
That sounds exactly like something he would pull.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Last thing I heard from Fakku was that they were going to license me. A week or so later, Jacob becomes very pissed (I wont give out any details, but it didn't involve me). Now, I get this copyright notice. This whole thing stinks of tantrum throwing child who wants his way.
That's exactly what it is and this is exactly how the Hentai Haven thing played out. He threw a tantrum and the supposed attempted revival of the site flatlined. I'd consider getting the attention of Illusion themselves to at least see if Fakku has legitimate power to pull this stunt if not to get Fakku, and Jacob, in trouble.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I did ask, and I was told it should be fine if I don't sell anything. I couldn't find the DM for proof though, so I asked Jacob to give me a list of all the staff on discord so I could give him proof. He decided that no matter what I was told, I was in the wrong.

Regardless of that though, this is the CEO of Fakku we're talking about. It doesn't matter if I got "permission" from someone else.

However, Fakku still has no claim of Honey Select from what I'm aware of.
Yep, that's Jacob alright, or at least sounds exactly like him.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I agree the ONLY way the system would hit you is IF you sold the contents... main word SOLD which you don't LOL. I don't think and im no lawyer but I've had a gradual understanding of it as a curriculum in highschool that is if you sold a byproduct without the makers express instructions or direction then yes its stealing and that is a DMCA infringement so as I understand I hear HS or honeyselect2.0 or the like are solely free AS LONG AS ITS CREDITED FROM THE MAKERS OF THE ASSETS... and the HS is made from a whole different group unless fakku owns the studio who made HS. I've read this even in mods of certain games nsfw and sfw that this is a rule. I do believe runey you are in no danger as long as you have followed the rules and by no means am i giving my vote to those that are seemingly not saying specifically what you are doing to infringe on the DMCA by laws. as far as I can say you are good in my eyes and others should take what fakku is saying with buttloads of salt and some vinegar lol. this is also a thing on youtube so yeah others feel this pain like you. good luck to you runey keep on making this game as great as you can :)
I can assure you that Fakku does NOT own Illusion.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Thank you, but I don't need to be making money for them to shut me down. Blizzard can easily(not really) shut down every youtube channel with Blizzard content just because it contains blizzard content.

Why don't they do this? It's incredibly stupid, hurts your fans, and loses them money and free advertisement.

So the question is, why am I getting a DMCA claim? It's likely I'm the only person getting this DMCA claim (so far) because I'm making the most money and it's easier to make an example out of me. However, Illusion has said they have no plans to sue or DMCA us. They mentioned they would like to do this peacefully and possibly ask for a one time payment for a license.

But Fakku didn't do this. So unless Illusion both changed their mind and fakku controls what happens to Illusion's Honey Select, Fakku seriously fucked up by directly going against what Illusion wants to do. Even more so, this seems like targeted harassment. The owner of Fakku is not happy with me and a some others. We even have proof of some harassment and it's been sent to Illusion's email.
There is a difference with YouTube, the uploader of videos with content owned by another company is actually making money off it through ad revenue if the video is monetized. Also, if Illusion had changed their stance on this, it would have been front page news on every site where creators like you can be found, minus 8ch of course since they are still going through congressional hearings over their involvement in unrelated events and their site is down. You are correct on the harassment and you may very well be able to charge them on it if this keeps up provided you can prove it. The last thing they want is a legal battle like that, so they would likely settle outside of court, typical corporate response, and you could force their hand. In order to avoid court, they would have to stop harassing you, which means no more illegitimate DMCA claims.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
The problem there is a pretty severe quality difference. I run both of those games on my machine and the difference is very noticeable.
It doesn't, Fakku is only a distributor. Only Illusion has the ability to call copyright infringement.
That sounds exactly like something he would pull.
That's exactly what it is and this is exactly how the Hentai Haven thing played out. He threw a tantrum and the supposed attempted revival of the site flatlined. I'd consider getting the attention of Illusion themselves to at least see if Fakku has legitimate power to pull this stunt if not to get Fakku, and Jacob, in trouble.
Yep, that's Jacob alright, or at least sounds exactly like him.
I can assure you that Fakku does NOT own Illusion.
There is a difference with YouTube, the uploader of videos with content owned by another company is actually making money off it through ad revenue if the video is monetized. Also, if Illusion had changed their stance on this, it would have been front page news on every site where creators like you can be found, minus 8ch of course since they are still going through congressional hearings over their involvement in unrelated events and their site is down. You are correct on the harassment and you may very well be able to charge them on it if this keeps up provided you can prove it. The last thing they want is a legal battle like that, so they would likely settle outside of court, typical corporate response, and you could force their hand. In order to avoid court, they would have to stop harassing you, which means no more illegitimate DMCA claims.
You might find it easier to use multi-quote, instead of answering each message separately. :)

If you don't know how to do it, just ask, I'm sure someone would be happy to help :)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Pregnancy won't be until the end, new things are eventually going to also include a girl in a wheelchair and a younger sister. Not sure about any other new tags coming.
Okay, I feel like I'm missing something here. The wheelchair girl was confirmed?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You might find it easier to use multi-quote, instead of answering each message separately. :)

If you don't know how to do it, just ask, I'm sure someone would be happy to help :)
Yeah, I could, but does it keep going through multiple pages? Like if I was quoting from 20 or so pages, would it continue? I know a single reply does, but I've never tried it with multi-quote.

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
Runey coming from someone who works for LE, get some legal advise from a Lawyer or similar. try to find any and all posts regarding your permissions, i in fact remember you talking to someone on this site about permission [to help you flesh out the information] its not really usable in court but it Should help you with the dates.
do your due diligence and protect yourself and your creations!!

Reactions: alex2011

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
Runey Hey, great work, this update has been awesome and all the stuff added is dope, really looking forward to v.09!

Also wanted to take the time if it's ok to make you aware of a small bug in case you weren't already aware which is present across v.08 and v.08.1; when you choose the Squirtathon option for Felicity in the Dungeon, the game briefly goes into Not Responding modes before resuming, then when you get the first "Keep Going" button option of the scene, after you press it the game briefly freezes, enters Not Responding, and then the game crashes. I just wanted to pass that along in case you didn't know, I hope it's of help! :) Again, awesome work!
Just tried to reproduce: For me it doesn't. Yes, the delay between statics and animations is a bit longer in these scenes (I believe Runey increased the fps in the newest scenes, so there's more to load), but nope, no crashing at all for me.

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Is there any way to know if something is optional or mandatory?.

I am really loving Lin and Melissa/android, the stories are really nice, they are both so sweet.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Is there any way to know if something is optional or mandatory?.

I am really loving Lin and Melissa/android, the stories are really nice, they are both so sweet.
Anything that you arent forced to do, or that has a "Go away" button is optional.

_______

No more trouble with Patreon now. I recommend not discussing this much more, It'd be nice is people stopped talking about this news (other than to update friends and devs) so it doesn't go anywhere else in the future.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
It's optional right now, I can't say for certain it won't be required, but I highly doubt it will be.
OK good to know I can keep focusing on Lin and android, the dark skin pawg is nice, but not into the other 2.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: aolli
4.70 star(s) 450 Votes