TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Uhh, well, the good news is a lot of disabled people have told me they're very hyped for it...

I am already devoting my time to the characters in game. They get 1 - 2 story events per update guaranteed. I haven't done a single update without giving them content.

I think you may have the wrong idea about side characters. Side characters exist to mostly aid in the story of their main character counterpart. Side characters will absolutely get some story and some sex stuff, but I really don't want to start hearing "Not enough content for a side character" (I mean, I understand if someone likes a character and wants more, but I don't want to hear serious complaints about it). Main characters are the priority, side characters make the world bigger and support the main cast. Background characters like Juliet just sort of exist.

The last thing I want is people expecting me to give side characters the same treatment as main characters.

Oh, for some added context, I suppose there are tiers to side characters. At tier 1 you have characters like Moon, Lucia and Jin, who live in the hotel with their main girl counterpart. You have tier 2 like Hana (as of v0.8), Kate, etc who show up in the main characters story. Side characters who live in the hotel will have more priority than those outside of the hotel as well.
I get people liking side characters but there is a point where getting everyone the same amount of content is gonna be too much work and dilute the content we're getting and its quality.

That is possibly something to think about in the VERY long term. And even then eventually I expect Runey to want to move on to something new. The same project for too long will just be stressful.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
That is the thing with making cool characters, people want more of them, Boba Fett had like 2 mins of screen time and look how crazy people went for him.

Reactions: TheDevian

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
Uhh, well, the good news is a lot of disabled people have told me they're very hyped for it...

I am already devoting my time to the characters in game. They get 1 - 2 story events per update guaranteed. I haven't done a single update without giving them content.
I know you do Runey, but it only takes one disabled person to take issue to start a shitstorm.

Reactions: Runey and alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Anything that you arent forced to do, or that has a "Go away" button is optional.

_______

No more trouble with Patreon now. I recommend not discussing this much more, It'd be nice is people stopped talking about this news (other than to update friends and devs) so it doesn't go anywhere else in the future.
Agreed, don't want to get too off topic. Anyway, good to see it was resolved and let's hope this is the last we hear.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
The last thing I want is people expecting me to give side characters the same treatment as main characters.

Oh, for some added context, I suppose there are tiers to side characters. At tier 1 you have characters like Moon, Lucia and Jin, who live in the hotel with their main girl counterpart. You have tier 2 like Hana (as of v0.8), Kate, etc who show up in the main characters story. Side characters who live in the hotel will have more priority than those outside of the hotel as well.
Is it too out of the question for the tier one girls to get pregnant?

Reactions: dunreeper

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
If anyone doesn't mind sharing, I finely got the give pet name to Lin, what names have you given them.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm not opposed to the disabled girl, but given that Runey has introduced 4 elves, three fairies, Katie and Juliet and Hana, I'd personally like to see those characters fleshed out before making additional cast members (not to mention more content for Ellen and Lucia if there are any plans for those characters).
Those are side characters and won't get much content.

Chances are once their part is played they will disappear.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

erkper

May 16, 2018
Is it too out of the question for the tier one girls to get pregnant?
It's been said multiple times, by Runey and others repeating him (like me here) - Runey plans pregnancy for most if not all the main character girls, but not until near the end.

So your answer would be definitely yes, but not anytime soon.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
It's been said multiple times, by Runey and others repeating him (like me here) - Runey plans pregnancy for most if not all the main character girls, but not until near the end.

So your answer would be definitely yes, but not anytime soon.
My question is regarding the side characters.

erkper

May 16, 2018
My question is regarding the side characters.
My apologies, I misunderstood. I haven't seen Runey address that specifically, but from what he has said about side characters I would lean to expecting his answer to be no, and even if yes it would still happen only near the end of the game. *shrug*

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm not opposed to the disabled girl, but given that Runey has introduced 4 elves, three fairies, Katie and Juliet and Hana, I'd personally like to see those characters fleshed out before making additional cast members (not to mention more content for Ellen and Lucia if there are any plans for those characters).
Hana seems like she would be a decent candidate for promoting to main girl, but I don't know if Kate or Juliet are really interesting enough; they're definitely cute, but a main girl would need a ton of story, and that means some pretty interesting character traits to support that. Personally I'd like to see wheelchair girl (does she have a name? Can't keep calling her 'wheelchair girl') as the next main girl and maybe Hana after that, but I'm not going to be expecting the next girl (whoever that ends up being) to come any time soon. I don't know if the plan is to actually finish some of the first girls before adding more or what, but developing ten or more girls at once is clearly not going to work.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

Shadu

Mar 8, 2018
this maybe a stupid question but where is maria and ashley room? i cant find it and how do you get to her school also for the side character kate

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
this maybe a stupid question but where is maria and ashley room? i cant find it and how do you get to her school also for the side character kate
Ashley is the 2nd Door to the right on the 1st Floor Maria is the 3rd.

To get to Ashley's school you need to click her door in the afternoon.

Reactions: Runey and TheDevian

Shadu

Mar 8, 2018
Ashley is the 2nd Door to the right on the 1st Floor Maria is the 3rd.

To get to Ashley's school you need to click her door in the afternoon.
i would assume those would be there rooms but those rooms says nobody lives there yet and i have the updated version of the game im not sure if its a bug 13D9CD04-D9D4-494E-8340-FCC2DE5B5165.jpeg

Shadu

Mar 8, 2018
How far along into the game are you? More girls move in as you advance.
Im on day 25 lol they shoulda been moved in already i havent done either ashley or maria story because the rooms are lock i should say but ive done most of the other stories

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes