Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Sucks to hear that setting her free doesn't really do anything, be nice to have that as a branching point and when it comes to it, the other elves look kindly at you for setting her free. Also, glad to hear that many more characters are planned. Even characters that you can't have sex with will be fine, as it is a hotel.
If I remember correctly there are a lot of characters planned (more than double the current number)

With setting free. Do you mean the scene where you first meet Sylvia? Because nothing actually happens. There are no branching paths.
The game isn't finished, there could easily be consequences for your actions later down the road.

lewismasss

Mar 31, 2019
But how serious might the consequences be? We talking 'I killed Wrex in Mass Effect 1' or 'I over-watered the plant in Life is Strange'?
or i the MC will have sex with all the girls in the world is would be cool and fun as a consequences or the every women in the world dose that to the Mc and he cant get away from it :)

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
The "free Lin" question is a very difficult moral dilemma. Not to mention the potential future ramifications.

On the one hand : Free Lin. I absolutely hate the idea of enslaving her, but when the time comes to free her, she's terrified of it. She breaks down and has no idea how to handle life without a master because it's basically all she's ever known. The unknown is scary after all, and she isn't stupid. She knows all of a sudden she's in quite a bit of danger and more or less alone to face it.

On the other hand : Keep Lin as a "slave" (I use quotes here for personal reasons). Not only is Lin relieved to still "have a place" so to speak, but also enslaved Elves are, ironically, safer and better protected than free Elves because of the rights and protections afforded to them as property. If caught, the best a free Elf can expect is enslavement, the worst...shouldn't have to be explained. Sylvia and the others got EXTREMELY lucky.

Now, the reason I used quotes earlier is because in my "head canon" Lin and her sister are slaves in name only, and only because of the protections that particular "title" affords them. I hope this can be made absolutely clear to both Lin and all the other Elves at some point. If she ever came up to my MC and asked to be set free and she understands the risks associated with it, she's free. And you can damn sure bet my MC would have her back if she ever needs help.

I know a lot of the humans view the Elves as actual property and don't treat their slaves terribly well, but I'd like to think there are more than a few like my MC who only keep their Elves "enslaved" to protect them.
Let's face it, MC is going to need their support for the eventual revolution / political career. ;)

Anyway, like Runey said, the game's still a work in progress. Anything we haven't actually seen in-game yet is just guesswork on our part, but the story and game-world is a lot more complex than you might initially think, so I wouldn't dismiss the decisions you make just because there's no obvious difference at first.

Or maybe I'm just reading into it too much, who knows! :LOL:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
The "free Lin" question is a very difficult moral dilemma. Not to mention the potential future ramifications.

On the one hand: Free Lin. I absolutely hate the idea of enslaving her, but when the time comes to free her, she's terrified of it. She breaks down and has no idea how to handle life without a master because it's basically all she's ever known. The unknown is scary, after all, and she isn't stupid. She knows all of a sudden she's in quite a bit of danger and more or less alone to face it.

On the other hand: Keep Lin as a "slave" (I use quotes here for personal reasons). Not only is Lin relieved to still "have a place" so to speak, but also enslaved Elves are, ironically, safer and better protected than free Elves because of the rights and protections afforded to them as property. If caught, the best a free Elf can expect is enslavement, the worst...shouldn't have to be explained. Sylvia and the others got EXTREMELY lucky.

Now, the reason I used quotes earlier is that in my "headcanon" Lin and her sister are slaves in name only, and only because of the protections that particular "title" affords them. I hope this can be made absolutely clear to both Lin and all the other Elves at some point. If she ever came up to my MC and asked to be set free and she understands the risks associated with it, she's free. And you can damn sure bet my MC would have her back if she ever needs help.

I know a lot of the humans view the Elves as actual property and don't treat their slaves terribly well, but I'd like to think there are more than a few like my MC who only keep their Elves "enslaved" to protect them.
Let's face it, MC is going to need their support for the eventual revolution / political career. ;)

Anyway, as Runey said, the game's still a work in progress. Anything we haven't actually seen in-game yet is just guesswork on our part, but the story and game-world are a lot more complex than you might initially think, so I wouldn't dismiss the decisions you make just because there's no obvious difference at first.

Or maybe I'm just reading into it too much, who knows! :LOL:
I wanna make a reference to Harry Potter's books, why? Because the situation is similar.

the situation in HP: Hermione discovers about the elves being basically slaves, she starts a party for freeing the elves in Hogwarts, she started by sewing and making clothes for them(because giving clothes to an elf = freeing him/her/them), by that time Dobby was already free, and worked in Hogwarts, like the classic random janitor that you're friend with.
So Hermione wanted to force freedom upon those school-elves but she faced a wall of denial: Yes, the school-elves didn't care less about freedom, they were/are good in working for the school, because they know and learned that Hogwarts is a safe place for them: They work(like cooking, doing laundry, cleaning and stuff) and in exchange they have a place where they can live, it's exactly like living where you work!

The elves(in HP) know that freedom is a good thing, but they also know that they don't have the skills for living outside and that they're small, weak(physically), and they don't have enough knowledge to start a community somewhere, not mentioning that they may risk being captured all over again, and enslaved. So while Hermione was a hypocrite(but we forgive her bc at the time she was like 14) mostly for not even asking what the elves wanted, by forcefully freeing some elves(she did that) she indirectly put on Dobby pretty much all the cleaning of the Gryffindor's tower(yeah, the whole Gryffindor's house it's a tower with many dorm rooms, with 5 beds for every room, in theory it's like 250 beds to take care of, every single day).

In the Harem Hotel:

- Lin: Doesn't want to be freed because she may know(or guess) that she doesn't have the skill to survive outside the hotel, away from MC, like the school-elves (in HP) can guess(or already knew) that freedom is something that takes time, because involves many other variables before actually being freed.

- Blond Elf(Don't remember her name): She praises freedom, and try to forcefully free Lin, because she is noble, before the enslavement she was living the good life since she was born. While Hermione, she is born free, with two dentists as parents (as far as i know, the dentists are rich doctors, and it's kinda stated in the books that she can have cooler stuff than Ron, who is the sixth child of a family that lives under the average area of wealth, not considering that less than a year later he was born, his sister Ginny was born, the first girl in a house full of men/boys...Ron was neglected even more than the other brothers...but that's not the point...sorry.) so she may know about slavery (if you headcanon Hermione being from a black family) but she never felt it on her skin, she never had to question her skills...she was going to school for that reason: learning skill...so in a way Hermione = Blond Elf = Noble = Easy Start in Life.

- Main Character(MC): He is a nice guy, he is a good master, like Hogwarts/Dumbledore is a good master for the school-elves, Lin and the HP-elves are allowed to have a place where to sleep, access to bathrooms, and access to food(because they work in the kitchens and have time for their meals), MC is also such a good master that Lin is willing to compete with other slaves in some sexual competition(only to prove that her beloved MC is a perfect master), Lin blindly trusts MC, and he gave her many reasons to love him as a man and as a master, but someone in a privileged position like the Blond Elf and Hermione, they're so spoiled and used to a good life, that they don't understand that someone can be happy by working for someone who treats them good without achieving or wanting independence.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I wanna make a reference to Harry Potter's books, why? Because the situation is similar.

the situation in HP: Hermione discovers about the elves being basically slaves, she starts a party for freeing the elves in Hogwarts, she started by sewing and making clothes for them(because giving clothes to an elf = freeing him/her/them), by that time Dobby was already free, and worked in Hogwarts, like the classic random janitor that you're friend with.
So Hermione wanted to force freedom upon those school-elves but she faced a wall of denial: Yes, the school-elves didn't care less about freedom, they were/are good in working for the school, because they know and learned that Hogwarts is a safe place for them: They work(like cooking, doing laundry, cleaning and stuff) and in exchange they have a place where they can live, it's exactly like living where you work!

The elves(in HP) know that freedom is a good thing, but they also know that they don't have the skills for living outside and that they're small, weak(physically), and they don't have enough knowledge to start a community somewhere, not mentioning that they may risk being captured all over again, and enslaved. So while Hermione was a hypocrite(but we forgive her bc at the time she was like 14) mostly for not even asking what the elves wanted, by forcefully freeing some elves(she did that) she indirectly put on Dobby pretty much all the cleaning of the Gryffindor's tower(yeah, the whole Gryffindor's house it's a tower with many dorm rooms, with 5 beds for every room, in theory it's like 250 beds to take care of, every single day).

In the Harem Hotel:

- Lin: Doesn't want to be freed because she may know(or guess) that she doesn't have the skill to survive outside the hotel, away from MC, like the school-elves (in HP) can guess(or already knew) that freedom is something that takes time, because involves many other variables before actually being freed.

-Blond Elf(Don't remember her name): She praises freedom, and try to forcefully free Lin, because she is noble, before the enslavement she was living the good life since she was born. While Hermione, she is born free, with two dentists as parents (as far as i know, the dentists are the kind of rich doctors, and it's kinda stated in the books that she can have cooler staff than Ron, who is the sixth child of a family that lives on under the average area of wealth, not considering that less than a year later he was born, Ginny was born, the first girl in a house full of men/boys...Ron was neglected even more, than the other brothers...but that's not the point...sorry.) so she may know about slavery(if you headcanon Hermione being from a black family) but she never felt it on her skin, she never had to question her skill...she was going to school for that reason: learning skill...so in a way Hermione = Blond Elf = Noble = Easy Start in Life.

- Main Character(MC): He is a nice guy, he is a good master, like Hogwarts/Dumbledore is a good boss/master for the school-elves, Lin and the HP-elves are allowed to have a place where to sleep, access to bathrooms, and access to food(because they work in the kitchens and have a lunch-break), MC is also such a good master that Lin is willing to compete with other slaves in something sexual, Lin blindly trusts MC, and he gave her many reasons to love him as a man and as a master, but someone in a privileged position like the Blond Elf and Hermione, they're so spoiled and used to a good life, that they don't understand that someone can be happy by working for someone who treats them good.
At the time, when I played through that scene, my thought process was that even if I free her, she was still more than welcome to stay, work, and be my favorite elf, just not as a slave, but I guess she didn't think of it that way. Doesn't matter, I will treat her the same either way. ;)

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
At the time, when I played through that scene, my thought process was that even if I free her, she was still more than welcome to stay, work, and be my favorite elf, just not as a slave, but I guess she didn't think of it that way. Doesn't matter, I will treat her the same either way. ;)
Exactly my feelings as well, but it seemed clear that her thoughts were basically : "No! I'm all alone! I have no home! I have no money! What am I going to do now? HE ABANDONED ME!!!!" so I had to cave and not free her.

The scene was really, really well done.

As for the Harry Potter books, although I never read them I can see the similarities. Any story that actually delves into this particular issue would undoubtedly have some of the same underlying themes.

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019

In the Harem Hotel:

-Blond Elf(Don't remember her name): She praises freedom, and try to forcefully free Lin, because she is noble, before the enslavement she was living the good life since she was born. While Hermione, she is born free, with two dentists as parents (as far as i know, the dentists are the kind of rich doctors, and it's kinda stated in the books that she can have cooler staff than Ron, who is the sixth child of a family that lives on under the average area of wealth, not considering that less than a year later he was born, Ginny was born, the first girl in a house full of men/boys...Ron was neglected even more, than the other brothers...but that's not the point...sorry.) so she may know about slavery(if you headcanon Hermione being from a black family) but she never felt it on her skin, she never had to question her skill...she was going to school for that reason: learning skill...so in a way Hermione = Blond Elf = Noble = Easy Start in Life.

- Main Character(MC): He is a nice guy, he is a good master, like Hogwarts/Dumbledore is a good boss/master for the school-elves, Lin and the HP-elves are allowed to have a place where to sleep, access to bathrooms, and access to food(because they work in the kitchens and have a lunch-break), MC is also such a good master that Lin is willing to compete with other slaves in something sexual, Lin blindly trusts MC, and he gave her many reasons to love him as a man and as a master, but someone in a privileged position like the Blond Elf and Hermione, they're so spoiled and used to a good life, that they don't understand that someone can be happy by working for someone who treats them good.
I tried both ways and finally settled on freeing her because it was the only way that Sylvia didn't vow Eternal Bloody Revenge on me. (Pretty hypocritical, considering all the other crap being done by other slave-owners. But One deals with the Evil closest to One.)

I think that the better analogy for the Harem Hotel situation is NOT American Black Slavery, but the Native American one. (Albeit taken further than what actually existed in our History, but realize that it is pretty close to Spanish relations at various periods in some areas.) One thing that helped form my opinions on this subject was a segment in the last episode of Ken Burns' "The West". After the Indian Wars were over, in the 1890s the American policy changed again to cut the land allotment of the Native Americans and one native is saying that the worst thing for them was not the military which they understood, but the Do-Gooders trying to help them, because they were going by their OWN beliefs rather than the Indians. To paraphrase: No one EVER asked THEM what THEY needed/wanted. And that comes to a total lack of respect. Yes, there were social-economic pressures on the white side that created the problems. And the Natives responded in the way that they knew how. Very few people on EITHER side were ever able to get past the situation, in spite of the "proper" morality on both sides. BOTH sides committed their share of sins and the situation just continued to escalate, until the military solution was the only viable option left.

The several races of Elves in the Harem Hotel world (HHW) are actually fairly lucky- they survive (how many others haven't?) and have a CHANCE for change- it looks like the leaders of the HHW slavers have adapted to the times and are willing to improve conditions. (Of course, that's so that their "peculiar way of life" will continue to survive and be profitable.)

Last edited:
Reactions: imzahai and Runey

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I tried both ways and finally settled on freeing her because it was the only way that Sylvia didn't vow Eternal Bloody Revenge on me. (Pretty hypocritical, considering all the other crap being done by other slave-owners. But One deal with the Evil closest to One.)

I think that the better analogy for the Harem Hotel situation is NOT American Black Slavery, but the Native American one.(Albeit taken further than what actually existed in our History, but realize that it is pretty close to Spanish relations in some areas.) One thing that helped form my opinions on this subject was a bit in the last episode of Ken Burns' The West. After the Indian Wars were over, in the 1890s the American policy changed again to cut the land allotment of the Native Americans. and one native is saying that the worst thing for them was not the military which they understood, but the do-gooders trying to help them, because they were going by their OWN beliefs rather than the Indians. To paraphrase: No one EVER asked THEM what THEY needed/wanted. And that comes to a total lack of respect. Yes, there were social-economic pressures on the white side that created the problems. And the Natives responded in the way that they knew how. Very few people on EITHER side were ever able to get past the situation, in spite of the "proper" morality on both sides. Both sides committed their share of sins and that just continued to lead to an escalation, until the military solution was the only option left.

The several races of Elves in the Harem Hotel world (HHW) are actually fairly lucky- they survive (how many others haven't?) and have a CHANCE for change- it looks like the leaders of the HHW slavers have adapted to the times and are willing to improve conditions. (Of course, that's so that their "peculiar way of life" will continue to survive and be profitable.)
I didn't want to use any reference, because politics(usually there is a rule about not talking about political issues of any kind)

so i used HP-references instead...but the two situations are quite similar...so i choose to use a fantasy-story instead than a real-world thing...but you said pretty much what i've said

Reactions: TheDevian

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I didn't want to use any reference, because politics(usually there is a rule about not talking about political issues of any kind)

so i used HP-references instead...but the two situations are quite similar...so i choose to use a fantasy-story instead than a real-world thing...but you said pretty much what i've said
but Lin does not want her freedom ... she loves you this way :)

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
but Lin does not want her freedom ... she loves you this way :)
-.- and it's exactly what i'm saying

both Lin and the school-elves from HP are okay in being slaved, because their life is decent(even happy for Lin) they work and they have a place where to live, the end.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
-.- and it's exactly what i'm saying

both Lin and the school-elves from HP are okay in being slaved, because their life is decent(even happy for Lin) they work and they have a place where to live, the end.
so why set her free ????? when she does not want her freedom

• Thinking Face
4.70 star(s) 450 Votes