Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I just wish it wasn't a harem game, that's my only issue with it. Only main girl I really care about is Lin (side girls are Nia & Moon) and in the end I'm going to get Lin probably but also 5 or 6 more (girls) I don't want around (and I fucking hate Autumn), which is why I don't play harem games and always vehemently speak out against them, but I saw this by odd chance and fell in love with Lin while playing it, because I like the one-on-one time with her and don't like seeing her in scenes with Maria, Ashley, etc

I mean no disrespect to Runey, it's a great game, emotionally charged and shattering at times (Maria, Ashley) and I know I've mentioned solo route stuff before in posts 2-3 weeks ago here. I'm so used to playing a game for one girl, which is my motto "one game, one girl) and having a bunch of others around I honestly don't give a shit about is just not my thing.

I always do Lin's story (yeah I have to take time with Ash & 'droid) to do that, and I do, but it's just to finish her story. I only Interact (hug/kiss) with her and only sleep with her once that option comes around (which makes her obedience crazily climb into the almost 300s)

It's to the point now, after 10 runs, that I only do her story, because that's the girl I want my MC to be with, but I'm assuming and pretty sure you get the entire flock in the end. So I guess if I keep playing this game, I just do Lin only from now on, and whatever ending it is with her that's my ending for this game.

Games like Sisterly Lust come to mind where there's harem stuff, but I only always focused on Bella and MC is Caroline for me. So whatever ending Lin gets to her story is it.

Like I said, no disrespect to Runey it's a wonderful game, or to people that like MFF/MFFF/harem stuff, it's just not me. Every game I've only always had a solo route, no threesomes, no nothing (minus PL with the Ada/Elly ending) but not having the chance for solo runs with the girls is a rough thing for me to digest.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
I just wish it wasn't a harem game, that's my only issue with it.
... which is why I don't play harem games and always vehemently speak out against them
I'm so used to playing a game for one girl, which is my motto "one game, one girl
the Title of the game is literally "Harem Hotel", I understand having a favourite, but don't complain about it being a harem game when it upfront lets you know what it is.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
the Title of the game is literally "Harem Hotel", I understand having a favourite, but don't complain about it being a harem game when it upfront lets you know what it is.
I know what the name of the title is, I can read. If your going to comment or respond, be nicer about it jackass. I'm just saying I wish it wasn't. If it was a "normal" VN I think it could've been real good too.

Just another commenter with an attitude problem.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I know what the name of the title is, I can read. If your going to comment or respond, be nicer about it jackass. I'm just saying I wish it wasn't. If it was a "normal" VN I think it could've been real good too.

Just another commenter with an attitude problem.
I find it real good.

Also, I don't think it is a attitude problem, no more than usuall. I find it inreresting to suggest a solo route in a harem game. It is for me similar to the folks who goes in a game thread, where the game is catered for kink x and suggest that kink x should be remove.

Not saying you should change your opinion or what you like. For Harem Hotel I don't think that there will be solo routes at all. It looks for me that the story are already that much entangled that doing solo routes would be a real pain.;)

Of course you could always do the "if not on path; then x jump content" approach, but this often have a lot of drawbacks.

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
I know what the name of the title is, I can read. If your going to comment or respond, be nicer about it jackass.
He never insulted you, but you did call him a "jackass"; maybe take your own advice and be nicer.
And his point was perfectly accurate. A person who goes into a restaurant called "Vegan Meals" and then complains that they wish that it wasn't a vegan restaurant, and that they wanted there to be a meat option on the menu doesn't actually have a legitimate complaint.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Regardless, I do understand that different people have different preferances, and I can see where Mark Takagi is coming from, most games that have multiple partners usually have the MC dating without (most) of the other characters being aware/included (Summertime Saga is a good example of this) and usually allows the players to focus on only one if they so desire.

Harem Hotel is actually fairly unique in that all the "paths" are intermingled as a fairly cohesive story... (oddly enough the closest comparision I can think of is Sonic Adventure 1, where all characters are affected by a single story and have their own parts in it)

For example, you have Lin and MC (sort of) working the elf slavery angle, which has a knock on effect on Kali (and Ashley to a lesser extent), who is a major part of Android's storyline, which I think is going to have a round-robin effect on Lin's story later (speculation)

Either way, I personally am looking forward to future updates.

Sylordis

Sep 25, 2020
Anyone knows how to access Kali's 31st event? Everything I found is indicating "Morning in her room" but I tried every morning and nothing happens...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Anyone knows how to access Kali's 31st event? Everything I found is indicating "Morning in her room" but I tried every morning and nothing happens...
You might need to work on some one else's story first. Is everyone else caught up?

CherishingAss

Aug 10, 2021
Should be, as long as there were no mods involved, the saves should work.
Did a fresh install on both Android and Windows, problem still persists, I uploaded the traceback.txt so that people could understand the problem. If someone could explain a bit that would be much appreciated.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Did a fresh install on both Android and Windows, problem still persists, I uploaded the traceback.txt so that people could understand the problem. If someone could explain a bit that would be much appreciated.
If you were using the mod before, when you made the save, then you will need the mod on this version in order to load it. Your save is forever dependent on having that mod.

CherishingAss

Aug 10, 2021
If you were using the mod before, when you made the save, then you will need the mod on this version in order to load it. Your save is forever dependent on having that mod.
Okay I should clarify a bit, here's what I did.
I started a new game on Android then saved, moved the save to where Windows saves are located, booted up the game(on Windows with the Android save placed ) and tried to load it, and there's the error.
Both platform never had the mod btw.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Okay I should clarify a bit, here's what I did.
I started a new game on Android then saved, moved the save to where Windows saves are located, booted up the game(on Windows with the Android save placed ) and tried to load it, and there's the error.
Both platform never had the mod btw.
I see, well, I was a bit confused.
Hmm true I did install Lains mod, will mess around a bit more, cheers mate.
Other than trying another save then, I am not sure what else to tell you. Good luck.

Reactions: CherishingAss

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
argh lol why Nopy needed to be so stubborn and make life difficult for everyone.... no biggy but its a pity because was one of the fastest free download servers I know.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
argh lol why Nopy needed to be so stubborn and make life difficult for everyone.... no biggy but its a pity because was one of the fastest free download servers I know.
I redownloaded this game a couple of days ago and what usually took about 15-20 minutes took nearly two hours at a non-peak time, and about 4/5 of the way through it died, started it again, and the same thing happened before I went to a new service. NOPY lately has had a little bit of an issue. It was always the most dependable, now it's a tad sketchy.

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
the only advantage it had over Mega was no download cota limit per xx time. Now Mega is again the best even with that limitation.

tonnybn

Aug 7, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/gui.rpy', 1609699818, 1) is defined twice, at game/gui.rpyc:4 and scripts/gui.rpyc:4.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\DELL\Downloads\Compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12.4-pc\Harem_Hotel-v0.12.4-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\DELL\Downloads\Compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12.4-pc\Harem_Hotel-v0.12.4-pc\renpy\main.py", line 373, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\DELL\Downloads\Compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12.4-pc\Harem_Hotel-v0.12.4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 271, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\DELL\Downloads\Compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12.4-pc\Harem_Hotel-v0.12.4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 775, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\DELL\Downloads\Compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12.4-pc\Harem_Hotel-v0.12.4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 452, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\DELL\Downloads\Compressed\Harem_Hotel-v0.12.4-pc\Harem_Hotel-v0.12.4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 435, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/gui.rpy', 1609699818, 1) is defined twice, at game/gui.rpyc:4 and scripts/gui.rpyc:4.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Fri Aug 13 22:04:11 2021
------------------
help me....

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes