DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Is it time?

It's not time until all of the turkeys have been slaughtered during the annual Turkey Slaughter Day.
(One of our tastiest holidays.)
But first, we have the most sacred of all Holiday's, Halloween...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Runey
I think its time to tweak some doors. I mean, if i want to visit lucy, jin or hana it doesnt really matter if kali, lin or maria are in their rooms. Same with the bot and cat but they dont really have scenes to play with them.

The auto playing scenes were kinda confusing, every day lin calls for dinner and everytime you go to the lobby an other event started. To keep the freedom of order you could add a choice menu if multiple quests want to start at the same time in the same location.

Reactions: rbs305 and torresm

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
I'm having some issues with the narrative surrounding the Owl Clan. I'm picking up on some contradictions, but maybe I'm just missing something?

The last uprising was 92 years ago, but the Owl Clan has existed for longer. The region is inhabited by several clans of desert elves, and according to Lin, the government is aware of them (allowing raiding parties).
The leader of the Owl Clan, Iksa, has been involved in all three uprisings, and is considered a terrorist by the humans.
Elves only have basic rights since 30 years ago.

If the government is aware of the clans (as Lin suggests), and Iksa is a terrorist, why hasn't she been removed?
Lin mentions that Elves have been chipped since the last uprising, yet from the context of other events, it seems the IT revolution is more recent than this? Am I confusing it with an AI revolution maybe?
Despite the inhospitability of the region, why would the government allow for Elves to live in a self-sufficient way? Elves have been enslaved for 300 years, and the government is aware of the clans. Certainly after the industrial revolution, it would've been easy to just round them all up and enslave them. I just can't see the reason why the government would allow them to live free.

Though, narratively, I do like that the Owl Clan is something of an open secret, because it lessens Lin's "Oh, I just remembered <insert plot device here>".

I'm not sure what Lin is trying to achieve here (though this might resolve itself in a future event). A large part of why Elves are considered less than humans (by humans), is because of their low technological progression (not even metalworking). I'm not sure how showing humans these impoverished and primitive elves, is going to change their mind.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
I'm having some issues with the narrative surrounding the Owl Clan. I'm picking up on some contradictions, but maybe I'm just missing something?

The last uprising was 92 years ago, but the Owl Clan has existed for longer. The region is inhabited by several clans of desert elves, and according to Lin, the government is aware of them (allowing raiding parties).
The leader of the Owl Clan, Iksa, has been involved in all three uprisings, and is considered a terrorist by the humans.
Elves only have basic rights since 30 years ago.

If the government is aware of the clans (as Lin suggests), and Iksa is a terrorist, why hasn't she been removed?
Lin mentions that Elves have been chipped since the last uprising, yet from the context of other events, it seems the IT revolution is more recent than this? Am I confusing it with an AI revolution maybe?
Despite the inhospitability of the region, why would the government allow for Elves to live in a self-sufficient way? Elves have been enslaved for 300 years, and the government is aware of the clans. Certainly after the industrial revolution, it would've been easy to just round them all up and enslave them. I just can't see the reason why the government would allow them to live free.

Though, narratively, I do like that the Owl Clan is something of an open secret, because it lessens Lin's "Oh, I just remembered <insert plot device here>".

I'm not sure what Lin is trying to achieve here (though this might resolve itself in a future event). A large part of why Elves are considered less than humans (by humans), is because of their low technological progression (not even metalworking). I'm not sure how showing humans these impoverished and primitive elves, is going to change their mind.
The clan alone is too weak to cause any real problems, and is useful for learning about how elves lived.
Think of it as a nature preserve.

And the reason for not rounding them all up would likely be that a sudden dropping of fresh elves into the market, would devalue the currently owned slaves, and hurt the market.

As for the humans minds being changed, that would depend on peoples outlook towards society and life in that world, so we will have to wait and see.

Dehvid

Nov 4, 2021
Is the "Incest" tag solely based on the fact there are (twins /clones) in the game. I think if that is the case it might be a bit misleading. There is a tag for twins.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Is the "Incest" tag solely based on the fact there are (twins /clones) in the game. I think if that is the case it might be a bit misleading. There is a tag for twins.
Not only. Also because the sisters* have sex together.
*More than sister pair is in the game and a least one of them have sex together.

IAmNotEvil

Jul 31, 2023
It's not time until all of the turkeys have been slaughtered during the annual Turkey Slaughter Day.
(One of our tastiest holidays.)
But first, we have the most sacred of all Holiday's, Halloween...

Americans have the best holidays, Turkey day, Halloween, all the cool hollidays.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Haha

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
Amaricans have the best holidays, Turkey day, Halloween, all the cool hollidays.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't know if I should mention this, but I think more people should be embracing the holiday that happens on July 14th because (according to the Urban Dictionary) that's Worldwide Headpat Day.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Not only. Also because the sisters* have sex together.
*More than sister pair is in the game and a least one of them have sex together.
Depending on choices, there is what - 3 sister pairings you can have sex with? One is a bit more recent than the previous two

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
And potentially 4 in the future if things work out right.
The twins.
Kali and her sister.
Jin and Lin.
Autumn and her sister.
And then we have the issue of mothers in the future, both Maria's and Lin's, and also Kali's stepmother.
Oh, and we cannot forget the Android and her daughter.
Or, just name the MC Daddy, and everyone will be related to the MC.

Last edited:

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
And the reason for not rounding them all up would likely be that a sudden dropping of fresh elves into the market, would devalue the currently owned slaves, and hurt the market.
There are a LOT of elven slaves. According to Runey, there are about a billion elves in Syl'anar (and 3 billion humans). The introduction of a single clan with a triple digit population is not going to notably affect the value of elven slaves. The Owl Clan would represent about 0.0001% of the elven population, and that's if we generously assume there's a thousand of them; that's not enough for the market to even register, let alone have a negative effect on it.
It would barely affect the value of currently owned slaves even if the clan numbered in the hundreds of thousands, since there are, as already stated, a billion elves already; increasing those numbers by 0.01% would have less effect than a rounding error.

Reactions: Quetzzz

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
There are a LOT of elven slaves. According to Runey, there are about a billion elves in Syl'anar (and 3 billion humans). The introduction of a single clan with a triple digit population is not going to notably affect the value of elven slaves. The Owl Clan would represent about 0.0001% of the elven population, and that's if we generously assume there's a thousand of them; that's not enough for the market to even register, let alone have a negative effect on it.
It would barely affect the value of currently owned slaves even if the clan numbered in the hundreds of thousands, since there are, as already stated, a billion elves already; increasing those numbers by 0.01% would have less effect than a rounding error.
Which is why I mentioned the other possibility, as a form of wildlife preserve with elves in a natural setting.

As for the number of elves versus humans there.
That is a smaller percentage than the ratio of free versus slaves in the southern states during the U.S. Civil War. Approximately 9,000,000 free in the confederate states, versus Approximately 4,000,000 slaves in the confederate states.
1/3 slaves in Sylanar, versus almost 1/2 slaves in the confederacy.

Remember, it was not 1 in every 3 people owning slaves in Sylanar, there were huge factories and farms using slave labor, along with mining operations, all of which would have been able to use a huge number of slaves.
And they would have been owned by only 1, or maybe a few people who owned or operated those businesses.

Last edited:

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
The clan alone is too weak to cause any real problems, and is useful for learning about how elves lived.
Think of it as a nature preserve.
This seems to be the case. I had forgotten about this expositional bit from Nala:

"The desert elves! Most elves were naturists, but the desert elves were animists! Arthur wrote that they wore no armor at all, and most were often fully exposed in the nude. He says they had no shame at all, but now of course we would consider them culturally nudists. And some tribes still are."

As for the humans minds being changed, that would depend on peoples outlook towards society and life in that world, so we will have to wait and see.
There were some statistics quoted that 15% agreed with giving Elves more rights. I doubt any pro-elf propaganda would decrease this number, at least. But, I agree, we'll have to wait and see how it goes. :D

4.70 star(s) 454 Votes