shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Dev Diary #8

Hello everyone!
Once again, I'm very sorry for my recent absence. My life has been very chaotic lately, in good and bad ways, so unfortunately I haven't had any time for work.
A quick update on my current situation; I am still dealing with the bureaucracy of my father's passing only now I'm also in the process of moving. The good news is I'm almost done and should be able to resume working on HH by mid November! 2023 didn't turn out at all as I thought it would, but it hasn't all been bad for me either, I just haven't had any time to work, unfortunately.
I have managed to squeeze in some work here and there though, I would say about 30% of the main story for v0.18 has been planned. I've also remade two old events, Ashley's first date, and Maria's first date. So things are happening, just veeeery slowly. I really appreciate you all bearing with me! In the mean time, translators are currently in the process of translating HH into 10+ languages. And by the way, if you're interested in volunteering your time, we're accepting new translators for all languages. Please message me on discord if you're interested.
I'll see you again very soon! o7
I kinda expected slow progress based on his last post, but it's good to hear things are starting to settle down. He's moving, which sucks. I just finished a move myself and I think I lose more and more things each time I do so.

Guess we need to re-arm the fairy squad, the "no updates/is it abandoned" crowd will be around for a while.

IAmNotEvil

Jul 31, 2023
I kinda expected slow progress based on his last post, but it's good to hear things are starting to settle down. He's moving, which sucks. I just finished a move myself and I think I lose more and more things each time I do so.

Guess we need to re-arm the fairy squad, the "no updates/is it abandoned" crowd will be around for a while.
I was thinking about trying something new, but fairy squad is a classic, so nevermind, forget it, lets use the fairy squad.

1698618853823.jpeg

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
You say that as if the no "update/abandoned" group is completely out of pocket for thinking that. When a project that has significant patreon support starts really slowing down on updates, it's a familiar enough situation it raises some eyebrows.
Except that Harem Hotel has had the same rough release schedule, for years, and Runey posted about what was going on, and stated that the next release would be delayed.
The milkers rarely ever say anything.
Even when Harem Hotel's release schedule was reduced, Runey made sure to announce it so that paying subscribers would know, and could take appropriate steps.
He also advised them that he had no issues if they stopped their paid support.
He even suggested that if they still wanted to support, that they could subscribe the month that a new release came out, and then cancel the subscription
Which would limit the payment to that one single payment.
So, it is very much not a case of milking.

Runey works on this game as a side thing, and not as a main source of income, and has been very much above board on keeping people advised of any and all issues involving the release schedule.

If people chose to remain as subscribers after they were told about the new, and reduced release schedule, it was their decision.

Which is why, when people come here to the comments for this game and complain about milking, that we stand up for Runey.
Which is something that I have never seen done, in a game thread for a game where the dev is truly milking people.

Last edited:

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Except that Harem Hotel has had the same rough release schedule, for years, and Runey posted about what was going on, and stated that the next release would be delayed.
The milkers rarely ever say anything.
Even when Harem Hotel's release schedule was reduced, Runey made sure to announce it so that paying subscribers would know, and could take appropriate steps.
He also advised them that he had no issues if they stopped their paid support.
He even suggested that if they still wanted to support, that they could subscribe the month that a new release came out, and then cancel the subscription
Which would limit the payment to that one single payment.
So, it is very much not a case of milking.

Runey works on this game as a side thing, and not as a main source of income, and has been very much above board on keeping people advised of any and all issues involving the release schedule.

If people chose to remain as subscribers after they were told about the new, and reduced release schedule, it was their decision.
While you are 100% correct, this will not prevent people from coming here, see that there was no Update in a while and write stuff like

"Abandoned????" or "Update???"

Reactions: Ssato243

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
While you are 100% correct, this will not prevent people from coming here, see that there was no Update in a while and write stuff like

Very true, and we always give them the basic information, so that they know how the release schedule is.
Most people then understand, and sit back to wait for the next release.
The problem lies in the people who then continue and argue that it is milking, even after the details I posted above have been explained to them.
99% of the time that people behave like that, you can look at their post history, and see that they almost exclusively post comments that are negative in all, or the majority of their posts.
Those people get labeled as trolls, because it is based on their posting behavior.
Those people are then labeled as trolls, their posts are reported, and we let the F95 staff deal with them.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020

That was kinda my point. Those same folks who will come here asking/whining won't spend 10 seconds to search / look through the last page or so of posts to see what is going on. As DigDug69 said, there's info. It's not the community's responsibility to spoon-feed others to know what the info is - it's not "hidden" or "buried" away like some fortune in a cookie.

I don't think most long term communities mind folks asking if a game has been abandoned, it's the non-stop perpetuation of the notion that gets under the skin. If this was SummerTime Saga / Hero Harem Guild, it'd be one thing.

Reactions: c3p0 and TheDevian

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
That was kinda my point. Those same folks who will come here asking/whining won't spend 10 seconds to search / look through the last page or so of posts to see what is going on. As DigDug69 said, there's info. It's not the community's responsibility to spoon-feed others to know what the info is - it's not "hidden" or "buried" away like some fortune in a cookie.

I don't think most long term communities mind folks asking if a game has been abandoned, it's the non-stop perpetuation of the notion that gets under the skin. If this was SummerTime Saga / Hero Harem Guild, it'd be one thing.
True.
There have been more than a few times that people have asked about updates, or if the game was abandoned. And then some dumbass, dipshit, with not enough brains to pour water out of a boot with the instructions printed on the heel, would ask the same damned question. After someone had just answered the damned question one or two posts earlier...
I permanently label those people as being irreparably stupid and not worth bothering with.

Last edited:

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Anyone maby have a full save for the latest version? I lost all my saves due to hd crash. Would be much appreciated

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
That is the first thing I did most of them seems for older versions.
Can take my save. Couple events for Lin / August I haven't finished because I was tied up with other games. I also don't max out every.single.stat (especially for Ashley). It'll give you a foundation though.

edit: Don't pick on my names, I'm not creative :p

Last edited:

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Can take mine. Couple events for Lin / August I haven't finished because I was tied up with other games. I also don't max out every.single.stat (especially for Ashley). It'll give you a foundation though.

Now I am curious as to what those names are...

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Can take mine. Couple events for Lin / August I haven't finished because I was tied up with other games. I also don't max out every.single.stat (especially for Ashley). It'll give you a foundation though.

lol Thanx dude its all good I will probably just change em to mine. It cannot be worse than mine

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Ok, I was thinking something basic like:
MC: Fuck boy
Fuck toy: Android
Fuck hole 1: Lin
Fuck hole 2: Maria
Fuck hole 3: Ashley
and so on, and so on...
I don't give Ashley a lot of attention, so that scheme wouldn't work for me :)
I'll keep it in mind in the future though lol

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
We've been wanting to ask the question for a while, while searching for the answer. Occasionally (especially during the girls' edging scenes) there is a choice in the sandbox in yellow among the others and at first we thought it was to highlight hidden scenes added by the mod, but I'm not so sure. Does anyone have the answer to what the yellow choice is?
An example here with Yandere Ashley

screenshot0014.png

Or with the lovely nerdy Kali

screenshot0015.png

Also another question about Maria. Since finding out she was a half-elf, when called into the dungeon, she says she is not in the mood and would rather be doing something else, while she's already been three times. How can we cheer her up?

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 454 Votes