Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Why do people want a compressed version of the game?
Because they think compression magically makes the game smaller and don't realize that the image quality of compressed/crunched games is much worse than the original game.

Ashley's nude photos are locked, just wondering if that was because I did not unlock them back in the day, or because she doesn't like me well enough to do it now? :whistle:
Ashley's affection needs to be 16+
screenshot0005.png

Nyarlothotep

Aug 28, 2017
Is there a way to check in game if you completed the whole story line with a character? (Without the awesome mod.)

*Edit: I know it mentions it when you do but sometimes I don't play for a few weeks and can't remember where I'm at with who.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Ashley's nude photos are locked, just wondering if that was because I did not unlock them back in the day, or because she doesn't like me well enough to do it now? :whistle:
To unlock the images taken from pinups, you need to take them.

This may be a stupid question, but what's the difference between the phone and tablet versions for Android?
Renpy tells me one is best for phones, the other is best for tablets.

Is there a way to check in game if you completed the whole story line with a character? (Without the awesome mod.)

*Edit: I know it mentions it when you do but sometimes I don't play for a few weeks and can't remember where I'm at with who.
Other than the message that one time, no.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
To unlock the images taken from pinups, you need to take them.
Apparently, you also have to have the her affection above 15 or 16, I had taken them before (I think, not sure), but since her affection score dropped a while back, they were locked.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
When the next update will be? I can't wait for it this game is exactly what i want when i talk about sex game.
Hard to say with this Patreon thing going on. It all depends on when their final verdict is, and what it is.
If their final verdict is this week, then it'd like be done in early April. But if they respond telling me I need to remove Ashley, it could be mid April.

In any case, I'm can't say with any certainty when it will be done, as I haven't begun planning the update out yet, or how big it will be.

Reactions: TheDevian

Cagerage

Nov 14, 2018
can i get a save file for android?, my previous file got deleted when I uninstalled the game for the new version.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Even then it would be some amount of time he need. If the pregnancy thing is more than "insemination", wait, "givin birth" and be done, than he need at least one scene per girl for all actions, at least is it unconditional to story or date. If he would make the pregnancy more realistic, so that the char would gain their belly gradually he would have even more work.

Additional at the moment they are 8 girls, thus for simple pregnant/no pregnant without that gradually approch:
256 different possibilty combination for all 8 girls together. Even if only 2 girls are in a scene it is 4 times the work.
If he does a approch with 3 stage: 3 times woirk for a scene with 1 girl, 9 times for 2 girls scene, 27 times for 3 girls scene, ..., 6561 times for an all 8 girls scene.
I don't think you read my post well enough. You're talking about having pregnancy for all girls independent of their storyline, which I already agreed would be an insane amount of work. Doing it for one girl during her story on the other hand I'd estimate about a 10-15% increase in overall workload. That's still significant, but it is possible.
And if you only care about the pregnancy in her story scene and not on all scene, then it looks funny for me. Story scene girl pregnant (>=7 month), next scene shower scene, girl slime as always. If this would be the solution I rather wouldn't have pregnancy at all.
Actually I don't care about pregnancy at all, it's not my fetish. I'm just discussing the potential game development issues if @Runey wanted to have it happen. I want to make sure when he's thinking of what direction to take the girls in he doesn't rule things out as impractical when they aren't, and as I said pregnancy is a logical turn for Ashley's story (unless she turns out to be the barren one that has been hinted at).
Because they think compression magically makes the game smaller and don't realize that the image quality of compressed/crunched games is much worse than the original game.
I've compared compressed to uncompressed versions of several games, and I can never notice any compression artefacts on the crunched versions. If the compression ratio is such that the difference in visuals is imperceptible, why wouldn't you want a smaller file size? Not all of us have 50TB of disk space available to us.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I don't think you read my post well enough. You're talking about having pregnancy for all girls independent of their storyline, which I already agreed would be an insane amount of work. Doing it for one girl during her story on the other hand I'd estimate about a 10-15% increase in overall workload. That's still significant, but it is possible.
Most likely my brain corrected my eyes before the infos even reached my processing unit.:LOL:
But I do believe that even a story based pregnancy is a lot of work.;)

For a story event it would most likely doubles his work (non pregnant version + pregnant version). For myself, I would ask why Ashly can only get pregnant in story event 63 and not in the others before or later? Sure, this is the dev's decision and could be explained in said story event.

The workload problem would occurs if Ashly can get pregnant in story event 63 and Lin in story event 69.
If more than one girl can be pregnant at the same time (story only or not), the workload will mostly growth exponential. Sure, this is also dev's deciscion and only occurs if (none) pregnant girl 1 and 2 (and ...) appear in a joint story event.

So for myself, and I don't know how Runey has planed it, the get the girls pregnant only after you finished theirs story, seens a good option. How it will be implementation and works (or don't) we will see.
If Runey is a workaholic and would like to install a none conditional pregnancy possibility, then I wouldn't hinder him and bow my head when he's done.:)

Lucius Drake

Kissed by a demoness
Donor
Feb 12, 2018
I've compared compressed to uncompressed versions of several games, and I can never notice any compression artefacts on the crunched versions. If the compression ratio is such that the difference in visuals is imperceptible, why wouldn't you want a smaller file size? Not all of us have 50TB of disk space available to us.
In my case it isn't the disk space. I only have limited internet so I can't download games with 2,5 or more GB. And I think, a lot of people here have a similar problem.

I have to agree that in the most games I could never tell if it's compressed or not. Sometimes you don't see any differences.

Reactions: Rythan25

Ironclad89

Apr 30, 2018
i might have missed it but how do you unlock lucia's ??? when she is in kali's room? i there a prompt i missed when it says ask a friend not sure if i missed a prompt or just being clueless?

Reactions: straydogg

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Why do people want a compressed version of the game?
We have members all over the world. Some don't have many choices for internet access. They use cellular/mobile or satellite services to get online so it's metered (they only have so much data a month), and others who have really slow service or frequent disconnects that ruin large downloads.

So if the choice is a shittier looking game or no game at all, they chose the first one.

@Runey That's why we make the compressed versions ^^^ :)

4.70 star(s) 454 Votes