Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
The number of people losing their mind over the beta getting leaked on a piracy site is kind of... hilarious
I think there is some confusion over what people are annoyed about.

Almost nobody really gives a shit that a beta got leaked because it's content that would otherwise be behind a paywall. The annoyance is the flood of "help, this error happened" that nobody wants to read or deal with because the reason nobody leaks betas for this game in particular is because they're a buggy mess, especially at this point in the beta cycle.

So, the answer to "help, my game crashed" is "Don't play the fucking beta, your game will crash... because it's a fucking beta."

Luxiferus

Sep 8, 2022
Honestly, at this point the response to "My save is broken" should be "You deserve it because there are hundreds of warnings in this thread not to play the beta. BECAUSE. THE. BETA. WILL. FUCK. UP. YOUR. SAVES. So, you were warned, you ignored it. Now deal with the consequences yourself."
I get it it's kinda annoying to see tons of comments about broken saves and bugs but lets be real, not everybody read comments before playing a game.
Whoever uploaded this beta should've post a warning message right before the links (or not uploaded it at all).

Jun 16, 2022
If you don't mind replaying it, and are bright enough to save under a new slot, that is fine. Sadly, far too many people only use one save slot for some reason. I guess they never played adventure games before.
The saves are in two locations, that is one of them.
Wait, that's a thing? I make a save slot after certain/major choices, especially if the game is choice-heavy/sandbox. My Superhuman and Giant Guardians's save files for example are on pages 26 and 34 respectively. Lol

T4t0rt

Feb 22, 2023
Am i a bad person if i say that i'm considering to start a new run, and grind more stats?

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
Am i a bad person if i say that i'm considering to start a new run, and grind more stats?
idk why you'd be bad, i know why you'd be silly, this game is already becoming quite long in its events and i wouldn't ever replay it willingly

DangerTHC

May 23, 2021
Sorry but where could I find the 17.2. update.
I still have Version 16.2. and would not like play the Beta :p

Here in this thread I would only find the Beta Version.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
I posted this like 6 months ago and no one reported any issues, can try it. My names are boring as fuck though, so you'll have to find a way to change 'em if you don't like them.
sucks to say your save doesn't work anymore
Code:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/Garden/GardenScripts.rpy", line 341, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/Garden/GardenUtils.rpy", line 70, in parse_version_string
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groupdict'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/bar.rpyc", line 3416, in script call
  File "scripts/bar.rpyc", line 3498, in script call
  File "scripts/bar.rpyc", line 3507, in script call
  File "scripts/lobby_script.rpyc", line 186, in script call
  File "scripts/kali_events.rpyc", line 4228, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 6152, in script call
  File "scripts/Garden/GardenScripts.rpyc", line 340, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/Garden/GardenScripts.rpy", line 341, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/Garden/GardenUtils.rpy", line 70, in parse_version_string
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groupdict'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Harem Hotel v0.18-BETA-3
Fri Jul 26 05:52:52 2024
```
downloaded the latest beta, only difference is I used donor DDL, anyway I extracted game normally, played day 1, skipped intro, dl'd your save, loaded it and was hit with this

it will give an error but it is not game-breaking as long as you hit ignore. 2nd time landed me to day 300+

4.70 star(s) 460 Votes