Aug 19, 2016
----ERROR FIX HERE----

I've found a workaround for the Kate_complete error.
Install the new console config at (main game folder\renpy\common)
only thing changed was activating the console.

then when in game type in "kate_complete15=0"

that will fix the Kate issue. Still looking for the garden error fix tho

Last edited:

Cmdr. G.Pancake

Jul 6, 2024
Hyperbole much? Virtually every post from a "regular" I've seen has been about unintended future consequences that might not get fixed when transitioning to the full copy.

Ya... this right here Commander is kinda the whole point.

I'm not going to get into the whole "it was leaked" / "they should deal with it" blah blah blah -- ultimately, everyone here is impacted to some degree. Either by swimming through beta troubleshooting posts or by trying to help people navigate errors that haven't been identified as beta/full. It's great someone thought the thread needed updating and I'd like to think they were trying to be helpful with the leak, but it's beta for a reason.
Oh, I'm sorry, here I thought hyperbole was one of the central pillars of making a joke. Clearly I was misled :unsure:
(btw, that was sarcasm)

Avoiding borked saves is as simple as doing a manual save
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, if you want to be extra careful, you can copy the save from the saves folder, then restore it later. It's not that hard, yet there are more people getting mad about beta posting than even trying to talk about avoiding the issue by using manual saves.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
So if the beta is still dysfunctionnal, it might be a good idea to put the previous version back on the first page in the meantime. Because right now it's been 10 days and people who don't have the previous version litterally still can't download the game at all.
Unfortunately, that is not how things work here, they will always post the newest one, no matter what, as long as it's not infected or something.
bruh, and I thought runey was the one who posted it lmao.
No, and he specifically asked me to let people know not to play it...
Has anyone encountered this yet? I have an error with the gardenscripts.rpyc
...And that there will no support for anyone who tries to play it.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
It's not that hard
I 100% agree with you. I also 100% don't have faith in the average person to figure these things out for themselves, which is why having the beta here is more of a headache than not.

A favorite quote of mine(this isn't being aimed at you, just in general):
George Carlin said:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Cmdr. G.Pancake

Jul 6, 2024
I 100% agree with you. I also 100% don't have faith in the average person to figure these things out for themselves, which is why having the beta here is more of a headache than not.

I'm familiar with George Carlin, but I think you're misusing the quote. If they can figure out how to copy/paste the error code here, they can handle making a manual save, that's a basic game function, not even specific to this game.

There has been at least 5 times the energy spent getting angry at people for playing the beta at all than there has been saying "Hey, just manually save before you play the beta". The energy has been more akin to "DON'T PLAY THE BETA, IT'S NOT READY :mad::mad::mad:"
Runey even *suggests* doing a manual save in the Beta itself (in the option to replay the early dates)

Reactions: shadowtempered

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
I wish we could know whether we're days or weeks away at this point, though. It's tiring coming back every day hoping for an update.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
I'm familiar with George Carlin, but I think you're misusing the quote. If they can figure out how to copy/paste the error code here, they can handle making a manual save, that's a basic game function, not even specific to this game.
Making a save isn't hard, as you've said. Making a save in the context of trying to prevent bugs in your future saves is something folks who are familiar with those kind of situations prepare for - not the average person(in-game warning or not). I think you bring up good points, but other than trying to step to help those who need it to offset things, the energy you perceive is there for a reason. Months of naysayers/doomsday fortune tellers that lead to multiple thread clean ups from the mods, followed by a beta with new bugs that currently have no support. I'm not saying it's right, but it's there.

I wish we could know whether we're days or weeks away at this point, though. It's tiring coming back every day hoping for an update.
My honest take: weeks. I'm hoping for Sept, that way anything sooner is just a benny.

Cmdr. G.Pancake

Jul 6, 2024
This IS officially the second longest beta in the history of the game... the previous beta (18 beta 2) being the record holder at 6 months :HideThePain:

Xeonon5

Aug 13, 2023
----ERROR FIX HERE----

I've found a workaround for the Kate_complete error.
Install the new console config at (main game folder\renpy\common)
only thing changed was activating the console.

then when in game type in "kate_complete15=0"

that will fix the Kate issue. Still looking for the garden error fix tho
As long as you unlock the garden in something other than the beta it's fine. It's a beta so there are a lot of issues

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
F95 isn't an individual, so the only ones who have to "deal with the consequences" here are people who just came here to innocently download a game, and Runey, who could lose some potential fans in the process just because the only version people can download is bugged and not playable.
Dude, the most accounts here are pirates. There's no such thing like "innocently download a game". They all know they're stealing work from small indie devs. It's not like the games are from EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft, or Rockstar*.

Runey choses their Beta testers. One of the testers fucked them up. The leaker isn't a fan of Runey obviously. Every now and then we have leakers here who wants to fuck with pirates. The spread malware infested games, broken games, archives with viruses, and so on. It's part of the pirate life, so deal with it.

When you chose to pirate games, you've to take the consequences. So why should F95 take the beta back and change to a previous version? Let people get fucked. All accounts here could know what a beta version is and how to deal with it. So, keep calm and enjoy the show.

Do you not understand what website you're on? Are you lost? Confused?
Oh, I'm fully aware where I am. Just because I'm here doesn't mean I've respect for leakers or have to like them, and I don't have to like or respect the ones who steal. As for myself I'm here for discussions about the games because there's no good place on internet for this (reddit sucks). I paid for every game I played. And I'm not the only one here. There're many accounts here who are just fans of the AVN genre and can recognize this is the best place for discussions and overlook what exists. Leakers can just fuck off.

Reactions: silkysoco
Aug 19, 2016
As long as you unlock the garden in something other than the beta it's fine. It's a beta so there are a lot of issues
I started a whole ass fresh game with this update. My last saved file didn't transfer from the most recent time I downloaded the game.

I will say tho, i was getting the garden error as well before I did the fix. The console fix fixed both for me. So if it didn't for you, I do not at this moment, know how to help.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Small correction: they are not chosen, they pay for it. There's a tier on his Patreon that gives access to the beta.
Okay, that I didn't knew. I've to say that's plain stupid and utterly dumb from Runey. Giving Betas to everyone who pays enough for it is just a recipe for situations like we have here. Someone leaks the Beta full of bugs and it backfires to the dev. That's on their own.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
Unfortunately, that is not how things work here, they will always post the newest one, no matter what, as long as it's not infected or something.
I have seen original posts with a previous game version available when the most recent version only had changes that were not game breaking. Shouldn't be too far-fetched to expect a previous version when the most recent is actually not working.

I'm fully aware that I can't do anything about it (except maybe upload the last version myself and put a link there but it's really not my place to do that), I'm just saying it's too bad for 1. People who come here and might be discouraged to become a fan because the only version available isn't working, and 2. Runey, who is potentially losing these fans.

All while the solution to this issue is very simple: put the previous version of the game in the OP for now.

This is not for me, I already have the previous version. I'm just saying that it's a waste and if someone can do anything about it they should...

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
Actually that's kinda not right, there's plenty of games that basically havent been updated for weeks, the games themsevles are good, but just unpopular

Due to the game's popularity this thread is likely always on high priority, and if there's an update of the game but the thread itself isnt updated, thiss thread filled with dozens of people will start bitching for no reason like they always do in other threads, you cant expect coomers to have patience :BootyTime:

instant updates are done to prevent that

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I'm fully aware that I can't do anything about it (except maybe upload the last version myself and put a link there but it's really not my place to do that), I'm just saying it's too bad for 1. People who come here and might be discouraged to become a fan because the only version available isn't working, and 2. Runey, who is potentially losing these fans.
The game is free and the latest official released version is available for the all at zero cost on itch or on Runey's Patreon page, as it was since the beginning.
Okay, that I didn't knew. I've to say that's plain stupid and utterly dumb from Runey. Giving Betas to everyone who pays enough for it is just a recipe for situations like we have here. Someone leaks the Beta full of bugs and it backfires to the dev. That's on their own.
A standard payment model for games now.
As due using HS Runey can't monetarised the game. Illusion only tolerated them if they aren't sold and thus the end product needs to be free.
Thus an easy variante is to get money for early access for unfinished version.

And overall for game tester it only exist two solultions: volunters or prenium tier, both have their pro and cons.
It isn't that Runey hasn't removed people from the beta tier previously because they leaked the beta version and it can and will happen with both approaches. The issue is to find who has done it they aren't stupid.

Reactions: TheDevian

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020

George Carlin said:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
I personally like :
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einstein

4.70 star(s) 460 Votes