krys69

Sep 6, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
strange, v0.7 don't start, only a black screen!

Some players mentioned similar problems way back with other games and its usually happens when running more than one game that is using the same game engine. Try to close of any other games that are running, and just in case make sure your graphic card drives and DX9, 10 and 11 are up to date just in case. :)

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
strange, v0.7 don't start, only a black screen!
Try what @krys69 said, or read my post at . As the Unity always is in development, keeping your computer updated is pretty much required with newer Unity projects

AmonRa23

Apr 18, 2018
Game need hotfix, Miki scene with new dress never proceed, tried to launch it many times, many different time zones, nothing. After reading this thread can say some guys are affected by this too

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Can`t trigger "Get closer with Miki" while i need to catch her trying her new dress, any help.. ?

EDIT: Or any save with that complete.. ?
I found that a few of the girls wouldn't trigger so I moved on to the other girls, and then the others trigger. so try doing the girls little by little rather than trying to do them one at a time.

CptRexx

Jun 17, 2018
Well, I cannot trigger Miki's scene. She is not changing her dress. I guess it's bugged.

Aug 26, 2018
Could it be possible that your PC is pretty slow? I don't have that issue with the highest graphics setting and highest resolution and i have already a pretty old PC.

@terryfarris i think you are very wrong. Unity is a very good plattform if your PC is not garbage, the only thing that i'm missing in Unity is the rollback option that renpy has.
i would disagree, since I have play the game Man of the House on the same laptop and that game runs excellent with the same settings i use for this game.

Black_Sky69

Dec 2, 2017
plz somebody help me, i've done every other girl quest but miki's dress change doesn't spawn at all, went as far as day 20 still no cigar.

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
Guys, this is the dev from Harem Villa.
So obviously this game will have awful English (he's French that was a given), ludicrous and game breaking bugs as well as a batshit insane story with over-the-top sex scenes.

Use a v0.6 save to get past the newest bug with Miki's quest:

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
i would disagree, since I have play the game Man of the House on the same laptop and that game runs excellent with the same settings i use for this game.
I don't have problems with either of them, so i think its on your end.
Guys, this is the dev from Harem Villa.
So obviously this game will have awful English (he's French that was a given), ludicrous and game breaking bugs as well as a batshit insane story with over-the-top sex scenes.

Use a v0.6 save to get past the newest bug with Miki's quest:
Well the english and the programmed bugs are pretty annoying but the story and sex scenes are pretty entertaining.

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Both being made in Unity does not mean that the requirements are the same. I don't know what version Man of the House and Harem Island is made with, but Unity 2018.3 has a lot of new features in it compared to Unity 5.6, and will therefore have different requirements to run.

As I said in post , 0x887a0005 means that the graphics card driver crashed. This might mean several things, such as not having enough vram to run, not having updated drivers, or if you're on Windows 7, you might have to download to allow Windows 7 to run dx11 games. The developer might also try rendering the game with OpenGLCore instead of Direct3D11 to make the game work on older platforms.

And the people claiming Unity is a bad game engine should stop talking out of their asses. The reason a lot of Unity games runs like crap is bad coding and optimization. Unity is easy to learn, but hard to master. If a developer is planning on making only VNs, but have no experience with C# or Unity, they might as well go for Ren'Py, as this engine is a lot easier to create VNs on. By learning C# and Unity, you'll learn a more useful language (imo) and game engine, if you're planning on using that knowledge for more than just creating VNs though.

3.70 star(s) 35 Votes