• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
Oof, forced content against the MC is always terrible, I hate not having absolute control over what the MC does and doesn't do. I was going to play this after not having done so in a long time, but now, I don't think I will. Not unless that gets changed.

Also, if you report the thread and say it needs a certain tag, usually the mods will add it pretty quickly.
I'm giving the dev a bit time to react to that. It seemed rude otherwise.

buff

May 29, 2017
Anyone know of a way to turn off the little pauses the dev added in middle of the dialogue strings? (I'm not talking about the renpy text speed setting, I'm talking about the actual pauses in the code.)

I get that the developer is trying to show the pacing and tone of the speech, but holy shit it's irritating. They clearly assume the average player reads on the 4th grade level and needs several seconds to read a few words. If I click to move on after I finish reading half the time it blits out some more text and then that gets skipped and I have to roll back..... very irritating to have to take a hard pause for a beat to see if more text is going to come up before I move on.

Edit: OK,god bless, Vendena left the RPY files in the archive. I unpacked it with rpatool, then ran perl -pi -e 's/\{w=0\.4\}//g' *rpy in the scripts directory (and subdirectories). Annoying to do every release if I start following the game, but at least it lets me give it a fair look so I can see if I even want to follow it.... I was ready to bail out because of the pauses about 5 minutes in.

Vendena if you are reading this--for love of god make a setting that sets a variable to "0.4" or "0.01", then do a big find and replace from "w=0.4" to "w=thevariablename". I realize many players might not mind the delay, but the first rule of presenting text is don't try to change someone's natural reading speed-- it makes them very unhappy.

Edit2: This dev is also a transition abuser. They're nice when the images change (since your eyes leave the text anyway), but infuriating between every text block. Commenting out config.intra_transition = dissolve in options.rpy keeps the nice transitions and gets rid of the evil pointless ones.

Last edited:

latiaslts

May 26, 2020
how to get gaming skill yourself?
i think i missing something important
im keep losing battle with kaori

Blahbloosh123

Feb 24, 2022
0.08 now, the save crash at Sunday Event when they play cards, did you have the save when pass that event ?
Ah, sorry. The saves I have are from the 0.07e version. Previous saves might not be properly compatible with newer versions.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
small guide for otome is missing something ... i'm on day 110 i've finished all event for ayase, her sister, the twin and their mother, the conbini girls (sound like a cheap idol group ><) and the two instructor ... but she isl still not here, all the girls avaibla need either going to the beach or progress with otome (i wanted every girls to be present for all main event T_T)
just realised i was aslo missing hibiki :X

Last edited:

TearTear

Jun 29, 2021
Guys, help, I can't progress with Otome.

It says I'll have to meet a violent individual but... Where can I find that person?

.-Shiraori-.

Aug 10, 2022
This look something worthy...hope you add more girls (never can get enough :p) ... anyway ill keep an eye on this, wish the best of luck with this project hope see it finished someday!

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
Is the forced MC content still present? Or can you choose other dialogues to avoid it? Thanks if anyone can chime in.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
having to click accept on like 9 popups before the game even started made me uninstall this. might not have been so bad if it wasn't also with slowass text

Reactions: Daddums

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Harem Residence [v0.09] [Vendena] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 4,72 GB / 649 MB - HaremResidence-0.09-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 4,68 GB / 614 MB - HaremResidence-0.09-mac-crunched.zip
= ~13,75% of the original size, image quality 80%

Download (PC*/Mac): -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 14 Votes