Unity Haunting Havens [v0.1.2x] [Ayup Games]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

EarthTramp

May 12, 2020
I don't think I understand what to do here, I just run around after the sanity checks and hiding from the pink succi, anyone got a walkthrough of some kind or at least some hints?

GobbleGobble

Jan 22, 2018
Im really confused, the sanity checks are super unclear, Idk what they are for either. I read the whole thread + instructions too. Cant activate any of them or use them, going near them doesnt activate but if I hide under a table or walk around they activate randomly. The nights are kind of long too - I activated everything and cleaned everything then just.. waited under a table

Do I have to just.. wait through the whole night? Is there like stuff to do once I clean the few items? Dev said the waiting under table will make a profit for players who dont know how to use the sanity system. Can you just explain the sanity system instead?

EDIT: I do wanna say the bones of the game are here and this is cool. Phas style H game is awesome concept. Keep it up!

Last edited:

somebirdyboi

Feb 25, 2021
I was tripping for a minute trying to remember why the layout was so familiar, then it hit me. This level is 1:1 out of one of the bonus missions on thief simulator 2. Might be just a generic asset thing but nearly pissed myself laughing when I figured it out.

Succubus Hunter

Devoted Member
May 19, 2020
...but you are a succubus hunter with his own unorthodox methods. :D

Succubus Hunter MC: "I challenge you to a video game session."

Succubus: "Go ahead pathetic human, turn on the console."
MC: "Here's my controller."

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/08/3977506_ss-2.gif

THX for the share...
Challenging a succubus to a videogame could be promising... :unsure:

This gives me an idea for my next controller...

Ayup Games

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2024
Im really confused, the sanity checks are super unclear, Idk what they are for either. I read the whole thread + instructions too. Cant activate any of them or use them, going near them doesnt activate but if I hide under a table or walk around they activate randomly. The nights are kind of long too - I activated everything and cleaned everything then just.. waited under a table

Do I have to just.. wait through the whole night? Is there like stuff to do once I clean the few items? Dev said the waiting under table will make a profit for players who dont know how to use the sanity system. Can you just explain the sanity system instead?

EDIT: I do wanna say the bones of the game are here and this is cool. Phas style H game is awesome concept. Keep it up!
We should put a detailed explanation on the Itch page. The sanity objects will turn on automatically throughout the night, and the bar on the right will lower depending on how many objects are active, when a sanity check glows/is on, you have to go to it and hold E (a tool tip would appear). Glad you're liking the bones! Things will change a decent bit in a few days to make it a lot more entertaining!

Reactions: GobbleGobble

Ayup Games

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2024
I don't think I understand what to do here, I just run around after the sanity checks and hiding from the pink succi, anyone got a walkthrough of some kind or at least some hints?
The sanity bar on the right has two thresholds that represent each succubus, to prevent Morgana for spawning, you'd have to make sure the bar doesn't dip below her threshold. Soon though this will change in the next update, there likely won't be thresholds, and keeping them from spawning will be a lot more intuitive!

Ayup Games

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2024
where is the Red Clock?
Red clock is in the room next to the living room, behind the door. Someone mentioned they didn't know E was used open doors, is this the case? We didn't want to have a tooltip every time someone was going to a door, but we may add in a tooltip at the start that'll only go away after they open their first door. Same with the flashlight, we'll likely add a "Press F For Flashlight" at the bottom of the screen that won't disappear until the player toggles the flashlight.

Reactions: Impermiable

blblblblb

Mar 18, 2019
It's designed so that if you hide the entire time, you'll make a little profit each night. After about 6 nights or so you'll have enough to subdue one of the succubi. It'll take a lot more time, but we implemented this measure for those that may be confused on how to keep the sanity objects in check, or aren't sure where they are, just in case.
ho ty for the tips i'll try another run ^^

ArashiNinja18

Jun 1, 2017
Why even have the character customization as an option in the menu if it's not ready yet? Could've just added it to the game when it was ready. It takes way too long to hide. The point of hiding in games like this is to get away quickly but you can't do that when it takes 5 seconds to do the action.

Last edited:

Lipka

Dec 28, 2018
Good afternoon, I’m starting a new game, the game starts, as soon as I point the mouse at the house the game freezes, I turn in a different direction, the game works again, what could this be?

Noshux

Aug 19, 2017
well, i get the idea. but a few things are weird to me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apart from that, a good 0.1.0 release. keep it up.

Also found a bug at the stairs, the little gap between the hand railings has no collision.

Ayup Games

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2024
Why even have the character customization as an option in the menu if it's not ready yet? Could've just added it to the game when it was ready. It takes way too long to hide. The point of hiding in games like this is to get away quickly but you can't do that when it takes 5 seconds to do the action.
As soon as the animation starts you're safe, so you won't have to worry! The character customization is there so people know that it's something being worked on, same for story mode. If neither option was there the development plans would be more vague. Customization will come out before story mode, though. So keep a look out!

Reactions: orangecab

Ayup Games

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2024
well, i get the idea. but a few things are weird to me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apart from that, a good 0.1.0 release. keep it up.

Also found a bug at the stairs, the little gap between the hand railings has no collision.
We'll definitely add a slider in the settings for sway in the next update, many have asked for less motion, or an off setting. Is lighting fine with the flashlight? Some have said they didn't know they had a flashlight "F," which made us decide in the next update we'll implement a prompt at the bottom when the game begins. We'll test the lighting bug issue you mentioned. For economy, are certain items too cheap? You got all the sponge spots! More will be in the future, the sponge was actually added the yesterday.

Thanks for the bug info!

Ayup Games

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2024
Good afternoon, I’m starting a new game, the game starts, as soon as I point the mouse at the house the game freezes, I turn in a different direction, the game works again, what could this be?
What're your specs? So far we haven't heard this issue, it could be a spec issue, or potentially just a bad launch? I would imagine most likely it's RAM or GPU, most of the objects in the house would be culled if you're having the issue at the spawn location at the gate, so it could have to do with the number/size of textures on the house. In which case, we could have a separate build where all textures are capped.

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes