Unity Haunting Havens [v0.1.2x] [Ayup Games]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Lipka

Dec 28, 2018
What're your specs? So far we haven't heard this issue, it could be a spec issue, or potentially just a bad launch? I would imagine most likely it's RAM or GPU, most of the objects in the house would be culled if you're having the issue at the spawn location at the gate, so it could have to do with the number/size of textures on the house. In which case, we could have a separate build where all textures are capped.
13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700K 3.40 GHz
4090 video card
32 GB RAM
I appear at the gate if there is no house in the frame then everything is fine 160 + frames if I point at the house 49 frames but the picture does not move at all

Lipka

Dec 28, 2018
What're your specs? So far we haven't heard this issue, it could be a spec issue, or potentially just a bad launch? I would imagine most likely it's RAM or GPU, most of the objects in the house would be culled if you're having the issue at the spawn location at the gate, so it could have to do with the number/size of textures on the house. In which case, we could have a separate build where all textures are capped.
Tell me, can I send a video recording?

Ayup Games

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2024
There don't seem to be ANY textures, at all, it shouldn't appear black like that. It's not a spec issue, so it could be a bad download?

Which download link did you use? Try one of the others, if there isn't a problem, then it may be that specific link.

colascage

Nov 24, 2017
Its already doing well considering its just out for a day and already got over 100 bucks/month on patreon

Noshux

Aug 19, 2017
Is lighting fine with the flashlight?
i don't seem to have a Flashlight? i pressed F multiple times and nothing happened.

For economy, are certain items too cheap?
it's not really that, it just feels weird to me to spend 600 something on one single use item. could only be me but i'd personally decided for my games to go with low prices and low income, so the grinders dont have a quintillion dollar saved up after a couple of hours grinding. might just be eye candy or something.

Thanks for the bug info!
dw about it. happy to help :)

the other thing i noticed was that i had way lower fps in the animation scenes when i got caught. might want to look into that again. might be something with reflections as the scenes are way more lit. could also be me with ultra settings, didnt try in other settings, but gameplay itself is okay. stable 144 fps in ultra for me. about 30-40 in the animation scenes.

CPU: i5-10400
GPU: RTX 4060
Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz

Dawndmon

Mar 6, 2018
Seems like a good start, a bit low on contend but hey thats what a 0.1 is for.
I like the models and assets, looks very good grapicly, controls are nice and responsive, sex animations look nice and smooth.
Basic gameplay loop is easy and quick, all in all you got a real gem here.
All you really need is to add more contend (poses/animations, new house or random placment of items to add replayability), but seeing as one item is already going to give one more animation soon and you are working on a story mode, you got that covered.
Keep up the good work.

Impermiable

Feb 7, 2022
Red clock is in the room next to the living room, behind the door. Someone mentioned they didn't know E was used open doors, is this the case? We didn't want to have a tooltip every time someone was going to a door, but we may add in a tooltip at the start that'll only go away after they open their first door. Same with the flashlight, we'll likely add a "Press F For Flashlight" at the bottom of the screen that won't disappear until the player toggles the flashlight.
Yes, i see the clock. Unfortunately i cant activate it

Ayup Games

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2024
Yes, i see the clock. Unfortunately i cant activate it
The sanity checks will glow white in the top left when you should go to them (you can also rely soley on sound, in "hard" difficulty, which we're planning, you likely won't see the "Sanity Checks" in the upper left and will have to rely on the sound). For the red clock, it makes a grandfather clock noise, and it'll glow white. It'll start draining your sanity, hold E over it in this state and it will clear the check and stop the red clock.

Jun 21, 2017
Subduing a succubus and being called a pussy is a little weird. I feel like you should not get the sanity penalty if you NEED to lower your sanity to spawn the succubus. that said the game for a 0.1 is pretty good. Good luck with the project!

Ayup Games

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2024
Subduing a succubus and being called a pussy is a little weird. I feel like you should not get the bravery penalty if you NEED to lower your bravery to spawn the succubus. that said the game for a 0.1 is pretty good. Good luck with the project!
That's the sanity, SOM actually stands for State Of Mind. The pussy note is for when the sanity dips below a certain level, so in a perfect run, you get your sanity all the way down to spawn the succubi, subdue Morgana so you can freely move around, and turn off all the sanity checks. Then once you're back up, you can subdue Morgana. <-- IF someone wanted the perfect run, that how. Thanks for the luck! Soon the gameplay will change up completely, and losing sanity won't necessarily spawn a succubus. There's not any interaction between when you load into the mansion, and your sanity dips low enough for them to spawn. The next update will change that completely, and ideally make it a much more fun!

Reactions: vault wanderer

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
okay my first Big negative. Optimization.

1724415550982.png

please refrain from Melting my GPU.

I doubt it's a prop or model in the house, since this is the same house from Death Watchers.
So likely it's either the female models, or the lighting/shadows.
Add light and shadow settings in graphics. Unity is notorious for having lighting issues, it's the reason Light sources got nerfed 3 times in Phasmophobia.

Last edited:

Ayup Games

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2024
okay my first Big negative. Optimization.

View attachment 3959408

please refrain from Melting my GPU.

I doubt it's a prop or model in the house, since this is the same house from Death Watchers.
So likely it's either the female models, or the lighting/shadows.
Add light and shadow settings in graphics. Unity is notorious for having lighting issues, it's the reason Light sources got nerfed 3 times in Phasmophobia.
We'll be doing some optimization improvements! The two main issues that lower fps the most, by far, is lighting and hair, particularly lighting interacting with a succubus' hair. If there was no light and hair exists, the fps is very good, is there is no hair and light exists, the fps is still very good, but when hair interacts with light, it's a ton to render due to the many strands of hair interacting with the light. What we may end up doing, at least for the "low" and "med" setting, is using a baked lightmap for the hair, and then putting it on a separate light layer to not interact with real-time lighting. And swap out that baked map depending on the scene the succubus is currently in.

Last edited:
Reactions: fzdc
3.70 star(s) 6 Votes