Unreal Engine Head Game [v0.2 alpha] [HGosling]

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes

Creeperswarm

Feb 27, 2020
Ok, so, things that I found:
-the resolution list is still weird after deleting configs. what even is 2133*1333? although it works in 2k when it is borderless window(still shows 1920), but not in native fulscreen.
-Performance wise its heavy on epic settings, around 50 fps in QHD on 3070Ti. But overall feels smooth.
-Controls are a bit wonky sometimes (move axis can randomly change and you start moving characters sideways), overall controls now vs old version feel exactly like in the other similar game, you know, and it is not necessary a good thing.
-dong disappearing partially when one party of the conflict is losing consciousness
-tongue clipping through closed mouth as was in old version when actor is trying to express some weird emotions randomly. Eyelids and upper lip weirdly clip sometimes too.
-random violent head spinning in some cases, but that is expected when moving axis freak out.
-aiming works reeeally slow, it was somewhat better in the old version
but overall it looks good until it doesnt, so I look forward for the later builds

IggydB

Oct 14, 2017
Does this have buttplug/intiface integration? I feel like this game is begging for it, would love to hook up the Handy to it.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Tonight I will play aroud with my GPU and override the games tesselation to see if/how it affects performance.
Alright here we go.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Summary, fuck all difference.
Very pixely/dotty textures and stripey shadows/lighting.

HGosling

Sep 11, 2017
Alright here we go.

Summary, fuck all difference.
Very pixely/dotty textures and stripey shadows/lighting.
I tracked the issues down to A: The shader complexity of the body cum effects and B: Frametime of the post process for the cum strand screen space liquid shader. Currently working on finding a solution to improve shader performance without giving up too much graphic fidelity

Just tested a build without post process and a new cum shader on my laptop with a 1050ti and got 90 to 100 fps on medium graphics preset in 1080p fullscreen with mesh hair and 40 fps with particle hair.

Last edited:

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
A: The shader complexity of the body cum effects and B: Frametime of the post process for the cum strand screen space liquid shader.
Both are present and in effect even before any cum happens?
Bit weird for a shades effect to nuke frame rate the closer the camera is to a surface.

Before you make any changes, be sure its the issue and not a missed diagnostic.

HGosling

Sep 11, 2017
Both are present and in effect even before any cum happens?
Bit weird for a shades effect to nuke frame rate the closer the camera is to a surface.

Before you make any changes, be sure its the issue and not a missed diagnostic.
The closer you get to the mesh the more screenspace is occupied by the cum shader. Basically the whole body is covered in cum. It's just masked out.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
The closer you get to the mesh the more screenspace is occupied by the cum shader. Basically the whole body is covered in cum. It's just masked out.
I see, but that means the shader effect is increasing or multiplying depending on the location of the camera.
Not only does performance decrease as you approach the body, but also increases as you go further away.

Capping whatever this "lod"/distance effect is should sort the issue than right?

HGosling

Sep 11, 2017
I see, but that means the shader effect is increasing or multiplying depending on the location of the camera.
Not only does performance decrease as you approach the body, but also increases as you go further away.

Capping whatever this "lod"/distance effect is should sort the issue than right?
It's directly tied to how much of the screen is occupied by the mesh using that bad performing shader. I created an alternative material for the cum effects, which does not use translucency. I'll add an option to switch between both variants. Translucent option looks way better of course, but is way more complex. It adds 1500 shader instructions on top, which is extremely bad. Maybe I'll find a way to further reduce the complexity of the translucent shader.

Edit: Here's how the non-translucent cum shader looks like atm: 1679924752783.png

Shader complexity non-translucent:
1679924840878.png

translucent:
1679924914630.png

HGosling

Sep 11, 2017
These framerates are a little on the opposite side.
That's because I play in editor. Performance in editor is not representative.

So whats the PS/VS?
I'm guessing its a debug bar of PS=Physics and VS=VirtualShaders?
Pixel Shader and Vertex Shader - two different passes that make up drawing materials and the objects. The Pixel Shader will almost always be your bottleneck as that’s where the pixel/quad overdraw goes by default, as well as most of the math that makes up the material.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
That's because I play in editor. Performance in editor is not representative.

Pixel Shader and Vertex Shader - two different passes that make up drawing materials and the objects. The Pixel Shader will almost always be your bottleneck as that’s where the pixel/quad overdraw goes by default, as well as most of the math that makes up the material.
I see.
Ok, ill give a bit more feedback on performance with the next release. Can make an easy comparison to the numbers i gave yesterday.

Hows the modding planned to be done? be interesting if i could just jam in textures and stuff from something like VAM (VirtAMate)
I think VAM stores morphs as .vmb or .vmi files? and textures ans straight up PNG files lol.

HGosling

Sep 11, 2017
I see.
Ok, ill give a bit more feedback on performance with the next release. Can make an easy comparison to the numbers i gave yesterday.

Hows the modding planned to be done? be interesting if i could just jam in textures and stuff from something like VAM (VirtAMate)
I think VAM stores morphs as .vmb or .vmi files? and textures ans straight up PNG files lol.
I haven't found a way in Unreal yet to store morphs outside of the skeletal mesh asset itself, which makes it impossible to add morphs to an model already existing ingame.

For modding I will release an Unreal project file, which will include all my custom data asset types. You can then use that project file to create content only plugins. Basically any option you see in the creator are custom asset types you will be able to include in mods.

reeeeee2323

Jan 15, 2019
Any ideas where to find mods? Tried searching through the thread but there doesn't seem to be anything about where to find them.

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes