Unreal Engine Head Game [v0.2 alpha] [HGosling]

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes

Deleted member 1375045

Apr 21, 2019
The description reads "Censorship: No", but when I go to edit certain things (such as the bodies or faces), it says "We're sorry. Unfortunately, some features are only available to Patreon subscribers." That sure as halibut looks like censorship to me: Censorship via paywall. The only kind of censorship worse than paywalls are mosaics. Kinda ruins the entire point as far as I'm concerned. I had originally wanted to make the character look like Judy Alvarez from Cyberpunk 2077 as seen in the main screenshot on page 1 of this thread, but I was hit with the aforementioned Patreon paywall. I apologize for the rant. I just hate censorship and paywalls in any form.

barton farterton

Mar 14, 2022
The description reads "Censorship: No", but when I go to edit certain things (such as the bodies or faces), it says "We're sorry. Unfortunately, some features are only available to Patreon subscribers." That sure as halibut looks like censorship to me: Censorship via paywall. The only kind of censorship worse than paywalls are mosaics. Kinda ruins the entire point as far as I'm concerned. I had originally wanted to make the character look like Judy Alvarez from Cyberpunk 2077 as seen in the main screenshot on page 1 of this thread, but I was hit with the aforementioned Patreon paywall. I apologize for the rant. I just hate censorship and paywalls in any form.
This guy complaining about censhorship is clearly a lunatic. Thanks for the great game, looking forward to a new release

Reactions: loler69

moedor

Aug 17, 2018
My only complaint is that its been four months since the last update... Could anyone share any of the latest dev builds? Even if by PM?

Pitit1

Oct 15, 2017
My only complaint is that its been four months since the last update... Could anyone share any of the latest dev builds? Even if by PM?
It's because this threat is made BY the dev to promote their game. They surely won't pirate their own game for you ;).

I'm basically just following this threat to know when it's worth to throw some money at the dev to get access to a version that gives me enough playtime.

jm0n

Dec 6, 2017
really just looking for the next demo,
to see if the game is any more playable ( performance wise )

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Been a few months since I last tried out the demo here. Any progress on it? Any eta on the next release?

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
At least no update that came to light here.
On the discord is an release note for 19.08.22. but patreons only.

May 31, 2018
I really have high hopes for this, if the dev makes modding easy enough where someone could use models from, say, smutbase, there’s practically endless possibilities. Even more so if the tools he creates could be shared- imagine getting all the models you want into other games. Like, you could have this, a papers please style game, a trainer game… so many possibilities.

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
I really have high hopes for this, if the dev makes modding easy enough where someone could use models from, say, smutbase, there’s practically endless possibilities. Even more so if the tools he creates could be shared- imagine getting all the models you want into other games. Like, you could have this, a papers please style game, a trainer game… so many possibilities.
People always say this but reality is that models from smutbase are for Blender or SFM in case of SFMLab which is ran by the same team. These are not actual game models, you need more than just import than, there is rigging, texturing, not to mention game models need different mesh, 3D models are quads, games use triangles. You literally have to import such model to Unity and make it work as game model, then also make sure all the collissions work properly.

May 31, 2018
People always say this but reality is that models from smutbase are for Blender or SFM in case of SFMLab which is ran by the same team. These are not actual game models, you need more than just import than, there is rigging, texturing, not to mention game models need different mesh, 3D models are quads, games use triangles. You literally have to import such model to Unity and make it work as game model, then also make sure all the collissions work properly.
Most of them are ripped directly from games, are already rigged, textured, etc. A lot of them even have flexes/shapekeys too. Based on what I could pick up on the discord, the current modding support seems to be based on DAZ stuff, so if I had to make an assumption, he’s using Diffeomorphic in blender or something similar to get the models ready for blender, which unless he has very specific rigging seems like overcomplicating things when there’s ready to go models available.

jm0n

Dec 6, 2017
i just really want a demo to see if my computer can run it now after the changes

Jan 1, 2021
Moin, so I have today times in Gosling money invested to get to the new DevBuild. With mods for version 20220615, because somehow the mods do not work for the latest version 20220819. Excuse my bad English, I'm from Germany. I hope you have fun.

And this is how the folder structure for the mods looks like

where to put mods.jpg

Enjoy.

moedor

Aug 17, 2018
Moin, so I have today times in Gosling money invested to get to the new DevBuild. With mods for version 20220615, because somehow the mods do not work for the latest version 20220819. Excuse my bad English, I'm from Germany. I hope you have fun.

And this is how the folder structure for the mods looks like

View attachment 2091556

Enjoy.
Finally a hero of the people. Thanks my friend. Lets see how this is shaping up.

jm0n

Dec 6, 2017
wow, i still cant believe with every possible setting as low as possible, the game is still so laggy i can barely move the mouse cursor,
i know that radeon cards have trouble with the unreal engine, but theres plenty of other games using it that i can play fine,
like, all im trying to do i look at and customize a single character and its the laggiest thing i have ever seen,

moedor

Aug 17, 2018
Which Patreon build are you referring to? I have loaded the two latest DevBuilds. Send me the link and I'll see what I can do ;)
Sadly these versions did not work for me. When you hit play and try to enter a scene, the graphics get all messed up and flashing. Anyone knows a fix for this? I tried messing with some settings with no effect.

• Sad
Reactions: seba0

ddz

Mar 3, 2020
Sadly these versions did not work for me. When you hit play and try to enter a scene, the graphics get all messed up and flashing. Anyone knows a fix for this? I tried messing with some settings with no effect.
Try to open the Camera settings and change the POV

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes