Ninjaman2

Dec 4, 2018
Some of the time this game feels like a nervous, first time roleplay partner. It's bad enough that your character has to just straight up ask if they want to be dub-conned, but the game will stop half way through and make you ask again! Excuse motherfucking me, but I did not call a safe word! Can you not just dub-con me in peace? Why, if I want to enjoy the kinks that were intentionally put in the game, does my character have to act like a brainless gorb who simultaneously dislikes being molested and also asks for it at every opportunity?
This wasn't put very nicely but I kind of agree that its a bit too frequent in making sure the player consents. Consent is super important in real life but in the fantasy world... if you want to make sure consent is there for patreon rules or whatever that's cool but I think once will be enough. Personally I just pretend the reasking for consent line never happened and it works for me.

DeFries

May 16, 2018
This wasn't put very nicely but I kind of agree that its a bit too frequent in making sure the player consents. Consent is super important in real life but in the fantasy world... if you want to make sure consent is there for patreon rules or whatever that's cool but I think once will be enough. Personally I just pretend the reasking for consent line never happened and it works for me.
Well it's not a custom game made for a single person, but made to please as most people without a downside. I'm sure if he didn't put in a safety check someone else would complain about there not being a safety check. I think it's rather acceptable to get the question if you're asked to be sure, it's a small trouble to click 'yes, i'm sure'.

Ninjaman2

Dec 4, 2018
Well it's not a custom game made for a single person, but made to please as most people without a downside. I'm sure if he didn't put in a safety check someone else would complain about there not being a safety check. I think it's rather acceptable to get the question if you're asked to be sure, it's a small trouble to click 'yes, i'm sure'.
Just sharing my thoughts, its just one of the very few downsides for the game from my perspective. It won't stop me from continuing to be a patreon for the creator - there are way way way more positives than negatives. :)

Oct 30, 2019
Brainless glorb me please! That's the thing about kinks, everyone likes different things, and that's ok! Sadly though, when it comes to presenting those things, we can't have it every way everyone always wants it. I'm fine with the tone of the game, wanting/not wanting, and being thrown into odd scenarios that make the player (main character) uncomfortable and confused is fine with me.

Ok, so after posting this, I was looking around at some other feedback, and I found some that was basically the direct opposite of mine. paraphrased:
"This game has annoying writing, becuase the main character asks for a sex act, and then complains the whole time! It's so annoying to have her confused and complaining, when I specifically had her ask for this to happen!"

SO this is evidence to me that there is a legitimate flaw in the writing here. I'm annoyed because my character has to specifically ask for dub-con, ruining the verisimilitude on the dub-con. This guy is mad because he's asking for consensual sex acts, and the game keeps pretending it's dub-con!

It's not just a matter of not sharing kinks with the game, it's that the writing is trying to have it's cake and eat it too.

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
I'm actually asking for non-consent sex acts, and i'm fine with the main character being unhappy with it.

Sometimes consent is not needed or wanted. And since this is a game and not real life, that's perfectly Ok!

tontoman

May 4, 2017
Just sharing my thoughts, its just one of the very few downsides for the game from my perspective. It won't stop me from continuing to be a patreon for the creator - there are way way way more positives than negatives. :)
Looking at the code to fix other stuff, I don't think it's even safety check (although it can certainly work that way). There's no sub/dom stats check you get in many games that set you on a path. The body choice seems to do more if anything, as kinda hard to ignore that change heh. Like Lel being dommy with making you wear a gag, doesn't change her allowing you to turn back from a fairy (your choice), getting dressed after the fish getting (you do so in all cases), or the threesome with Panki (only changes with body type, with 'trap' being most subbie).

Feels a much more open ended style where in each scene (kinda goes with the updates) you get your choice of specific scenes. Even going the more dom Futa, looks like you can go sub with Roompa. Who you've slept with and such do count, there are checks for those and paths will close.

Coding wise I can certainly understand as it makes it much easier to keep track of paths/content. But if you're looking for a particular path can make it a bit tricky. Like if you want to be sub with Lel (her on top + toe sucking), you have to choose the 'trap' body. The whole gag thing and how you've treaded her doesn't make a difference.

Still enjoying it a ton. You can't have everything as coding this stuff is not easy, and you can't make everyone happy. In CRPG, half want linear, strong story and progression. The other half wants freedom and open world.

DeFries

May 16, 2018
Like Lel being dommy with making you wear a gag, doesn't change her allowing you to turn back from a fairy (your choice), getting dressed after the fish getting (you do so in all cases), or the threesome with Panki (only changes with body type, with 'trap' being most subbie).
Well I assume that will come later in the path when she becomes more dominant, what you speak off is already there in the Roopah path, where you tell Roopah she can make all your decisions for you, at that point you won't have a choice anymore and she will make your decisions.

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
Well I assume that will come later in the path when she becomes more dominant, what you speak off is already there in the Roopah path, where you tell Roopah she can make all your decisions for you, at that point you won't have a choice anymore and she will make your decisions.
I like making my own decisions so I can get myself into more trouble on purpose. So my sparkle went sub on purpose, and is purposefully choosing the options that will cause the most problems for her.

Reactions: BeccaBoo

Liara

Jun 28, 2017
I got to the part when you meet Gab but after the part she asks you who you think the other gamer is the scene cuts back to the bar and Kayden talks to me and then it loops back to the Gab scene and they say all the same stuff but instead of asking me who the other gamer is Gab just says there are no second chances and those events loop forever. What do I do?
I was pretty surprised that the game introduced a cut (!) to backtracking at this point. The cut is written to the `persistent` file. It is written to `~/.renpy/hs-<somenumber>/persistent` only on quit. You can backup your savegames there. Then `rm game/saves/*` in the game directory, and checkout the pre-cut state in `~/.renpy` to backtrack the choice.

You have several options:
  • Delete both savegame folders, start again, and skip through until the choice. Make a backup of the `persistent` file.
  • If you just ran into the cut, before quitting the game, simply backup your savegames, delete both directories, quite, and restore the backup
  • Patch `game/act10.rpy`, e.g. with the attached file. It will reset the persistent choice just before you make it. Simply put it into folder `game`; it will override `act10.rpcy`

Last edited:
Reactions: JackMeHoffsomer

tontoman

May 4, 2017
That's just it, there is no flag lel_dom or such. And in the couple of places we could have seen an obvious difference, there was nothing. We HAVE a more dom Lel, it just had nothing to do with prior dom decisions.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That's why I brought it up about the multiple askings for choices. If Lel gets a more dom event again, I expect it to be based on more recent (to that event) choices again, as there's no running flag. Roopah has one of the few flags of that type, but even then it's more flavor as it changes conversations mostly, as in you can still get the under the table BJ without it.

Reactions: Goronthil

DeFries

May 16, 2018
The game is far from complete, nothing to do about that less the creator starts expanding further. I suggest you get a higher patreon tier and maybe you get more influence on design.

Rock&Rule

Mar 15, 2019
I think I was an update or two back so this was fun to catch up. I also ran back through the whole story for giggles. I think last time I took Wejit with me for the fish. So this round I took Lel and continued on from there. Best choice ever! I was giggling at all the reactions that followed.

The ending on the ship was a long time coming but worth it. I just wish Sparkle hadn't fallen asleep for the Panki and Lel fun.

Reactions: Lillen B.

Ninjaman2

Dec 4, 2018
I think I was an update or two back so this was fun to catch up. I also ran back through the whole story for giggles. I think last time I took Wejit with me for the fish. So this round I took Lel and continued on from there. Best choice ever! I was giggling at all the reactions that followed.

The ending on the ship was a long time coming but worth it. I just wish Sparkle hadn't fallen asleep for the Panki and Lel fun.
Depending on your relationship with Lel and Panki there are a variety of ways that final ship scene can play out. Food for thought. ;)

Reactions: YuriiH

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
This was a ton better than I expected, and there was more content that I thought given the small download size (I had wondered why there was no compressed version before I actually followed a link through and saw it was only 200MBish)...

I was a bit grumpy about being a girl but as soon as I got a cock was basically fine with it as I just like to do the fucking not getting fucked... was real happy I somehow managed to luck into some kind of poly thing with Panki and Lel (not sure if that's just how things turn out or if I just made a bunch of good decisions)...

I'll probably give it some more runthroughs and see how different stuff can turn out... like I wonder how much getting that neighbour girl invited in will change things later - but I guess the more the merrier, Harmony has already proved real useful, glad I let them live...

The world and story and stuff is much more exciting than just an MMO so they've done a real good job on it... I'm hoping there won't be too much realworld stuff, or if there is I get a bit more control over the dude as he was just being a straight up dick outside of the game (I guess some kinda social anxiety thing) and that just wasn't how I wanted to talk to people.

Reactions: HenWen

Ninjaman2

Dec 4, 2018
You can definitely miss the poly Lel/Panki route. Depending on your choices you can have a completely different experience all together. Hell Lel could not even be in the party at that point if you chose differently! Even though you seem to like the more dom role you may find some fun picking the sub routes if you just imagine your on the other end instead of the character you are playing. There are some pretty nice scenes with "free use" Sparkle.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes